Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Sauce a simple, healthy and quick dinner for busy weeknights! Making roasted veggie pasta is so easy, with minimal ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time, you will have a delicious dish prepared.
This pasta with vegetables is made with garlic, butter, heavy whipping cream and simple seasonings. Creamy veggie pasta will easily become a go to meal once you try it, this dish has amazing flavor and a delightful texture.
Easy Pasta with Roasted Veggies and Cream Sauce
The first time I made this pasta, each member of my family consumed every bite. From that monumental moment, I knew the recipe was a keeper! It has been adapted a few times and is incredibly versatile. I throw in whatever veggies are in the fridge (this time, asparagus, red pepper, and tomato), grab the rest of the ingredients out of my pantry (shelf-stable whipping cream is brilliant), and 15 minutes later dinner is ready! You can even add in come chicken for a fuller meal, or keep it meat free, either way you have an incredible meal for any busy night of the week.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS EASY PASTA RECIPE
- It’s vegetarian. With no meats added to this dish, it is great to serve up to vegetarian guests. But you can always go an extra step and add in some cooked chicken to turn this simple side dish into a filling meal.
- It is SO easy to make. We use great ingredients in this vegetable pasta recipe to make it taste truly perfect. From the fresh veggies, to the simple seasonings, some or most of the ingredients may already be in your kitchen!
- 30 minutes or less. With little prep work and a fast cook time, you can easily have this recipe completed in about 30 minutes or less. It usually takes me closer to 25 minutes. This is perfect for a faster paced night or one where you don’t want to be standing for too long.
Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Ingredients
Olive oil: You need 1 tablespoons of olive oil to prepare your baking sheet for roasting the vegetables.
Garlic: For amazing flavor, use 1 tablespoon of garlic, I used a packaged minced garlic for mine.
Vegetables: You will need about 1-2 cups of chopped veggies to have a nice filling dish. Choose whatever your favorite vegetable is, or whatever you have on hand. I used asparagus, red peppers and tomatoes for mine.
Fusilli pasta: Using ½ pound of fusilli pasta was enough to feed my hungry family. This is equal to about 4 cups, an 8 ounce box.
Seasoning: For a wonderful simple and delicious pasta, use 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and ½-1 teaspoons of pepper (depending on your preference).
Butter: To create a nice rich sauce, add in 4 tablespoons of butter.
Whipping cream: For a wonderfully, rich and creamy sauce, use ½ cup of whipping cream.
How to make Garlic Roasted Vegetable Pasta with Cream Sauce
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, drizzle a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Chop the chosen vegetables into bite sized pieces, transfer them to a large bowl, add in the minced garlic and stir to combine. Then pour the veggies onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
While the veggies are cooking, cook the pasta until al dente in salted water (salting water is the key to good pasta, trust me). This will take about 5 minutes, you do not want to cook the pasta completely.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Next, add in the whipping cream and heat for 1 minute. After that, add in the roasted veggies and stir 1-2 minutes. Lastly, pour the sauce and veggies over the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Let the pasta sit for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
HOW CAN I MAKE THIS A MORE ROBUST MEAL?
While this dish is great on its own, we all know that some people do not consider it a meal unless there is meat involved. Thankfully this dish is very versatile and will pair great with many different meat options. To make this a fuller meal consider making this Zesty Italian Chicken, or this amazing Pork Tenderloin, or some simple cooked shrimp.
These are just a few options of meats that would taste great added to this pasta dish. Even consider serving some warm dinner rolls along side it too, that would be a great addition to this meal.
Garlic Roasted Vegetable Pasta w/ Cream Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 cups Vegetables as desired
- 4 cups pasta
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Vegetables: Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, drizzle a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Chop the chosen vegetables into bite sized pieces, transfer them to a large bowl, add in the minced garlic and stir to combine. Then pour the veggies onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Pasta: While the veggies are cooking, cook the pasta until al dente in salted water (salting water is the key to good pasta, trust me). This will take about 5 minutes, you do not want to cook the pasta completely.
- Assembly: In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Next, add in the whipping cream and heat for 1 minute. After that, add in the roasted veggies and stir 1-2 minutes. Lastly, pour the sauce and veggies over the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Let the pasta sit for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve immediately and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
WHAT MEATS GO WELL WITH GARLIC PASTA?
This pasta recipe goes wonderfully with chicken breasts or even cooked sausage but it’s pretty versatile and can be served up with just about anything. This pasta recipe is the perfect recipe to be adapted with what ingredients you have available.
HOW LONG WILL THIS PASTA DISH LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
You can store and enjoy this dish for 2-5 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat you can put it in the microwave for 45-60 seconds, depending on the serving size. Or you can put it in a pan and reheat it on the stove, maybe even add a little milk to freshen up a bit. With more milk you might want to add a little more salt and pepper to it too, a little at a time as to not over season.
HOW TO COOK PASTA PERFECTLY EVERY TIME
Pasta is pretty simple to cook, but there are a few little tricks to making sure it turns out perfect every time!
- Make sure you use a large enough pot to boil your noodles in. If it is too small, you may find that your noodles stick together and you may run out of water before the noodles are completely cooked. To cook one pound of pasta, you should be using at least 4-6 quarts of water. Make sure your pot is big enough to hold the water and the pasta and be able to boil without boiling over. Remember, pasta expands as it cooks!
- Add some salt to the water. Adding salt increases the boiling point of the water, meaning that the water will boil faster and also helps the pasta cook a little bit faster too! I usually add about a tablespoon of salt.
- Test the pasta. Even though there are recommended cooking times for each type of pasta, the only fool-proof method I have found to make sure pasta is done perfectly is to taste test it! About a minute before the recommended cooing time, I use a slotted spoon to get a noodle out of the pot. Rinse with cold water to avoid burning your tongue! If it is still a little crunchy, let it boil another minute or two before testing again.
- Drain the pasta well and rinse with cold water immediately. The cold water will prevent the pasta from continuing to cook and will also prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Try more of our favorite dinner recipes here!
- FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- SAUSAGE PEPPER PASTA
- PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- MEXICAN CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA BAKE
- CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
- PASTA W/ GARLIC ROASTED VEGETABLES & (THE EASIEST) CREAM SAUCE (EVER)!
- TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
- GRILLED ITALIAN CHICKEN & PASTA
- PASTA FAGIOLI RECIPE
Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Sauce is an easy, healthy and fast dinner to make on busy weeknights! Making roasted vegetables with pasta is so simple, using minimal ingredients it takes about 30 minutes an you will have an incredible and tasty dish prepared.