Creamy chicken pasta recipes are always a winner in my book. I can make chicken in advance and cut down on meal prep time. This easy chicken and bacon pasta is something that can be partially prepped in advance giving me a hassle free dinner.
Tips for Making Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
While the recipe card below doesn’t mention it, I’d like to share a helpful tip- Reserve a little of the pasta water and set it aside. Add it to your pasta when you’re mixing it together to keep the noodles from sticking, feeling dried out, or to thin out the sauce. You may not want to use it, but keeping it on the side doesn’t hurt just in case. If you do add it, make sure you add it very slowly so you don’t overdo it! I got this tip from the original recipe here.
What Should I Serve with Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe?
This creamy pasta would go great served along side a tasty green salad or some roasted vegetables. Even serving it alongside a nice loaf of french bread (or garlic bread) would be great too!
What Are Some Extra Add-In Ingredients That I Can Add to This Pasta Dish?
There is almost no limit to amazing flavorful add-ins that you can toss into this dish. Some whole roasted garlic cloves, frozen peas, sauteed sliced mushrooms, and cooked diced onion are all incredible ideas.
Creamy Chicken, Bacon & Tomato Pasta Ingredients
-3 cups whole wheat farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
-1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
-3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
-1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
-4oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese
-1/2 cup water
-1/4 tsp. pepper
-3 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make Creamy Chicken Bacon Tomato Pasta
Cook your pasta as directed on the package, omitting the salt.
Meanwhile, cook your chicken in a large skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 min (or until done) while stirring occasionally. Add in the next 5 ingredients and mix well. Cook for 3 min or until the cream cheese is completely melted and the mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
Drain the pasta and place it in a large bowl. Add in the sauce and mix lightly. Sprinkle the pasta with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 14.5oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a brick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups whole wheat farfalle pasta uncooked
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in large skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 min. or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Add next 5 ingredients; mix well. Cook 3 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add sauce; mix lightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan. ENJOY!
Can I Freeze My Creamy Pasta Leftovers?
Yes you can! I recommend freezing this Creamy Chicken Bacon Tomato Pasta as a “pasta bake” dish. Place it into a freezer-friendly baking dish and top with additional cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and then thaw and bake until warmed through.
Can I Make This Pasta Dairy Free?
Yes you can make it dairy free, just use a dairy free cream cheese (they usually come in 6 oz containers) and omit the Parmesan cheese or use a dairy free alternative cheese.
Can I Make It Gluten Free?
Absolutely! By using a gluten free pasta noodle variety you can easily make this dish gluten free!
Want More Pasta Recipes? Check These Out!
- Creamy Lemon Pasta With Chicken
- Summertime Pasta with Lemon Dressing
- Skinny Alfredo Pasta
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Pasta Caprese
- Grilled Italian Chicken Pasta
- Fiesta Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Garlic Roasted Vegetables
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Spinach Chicken Pasta Salad
- Martha’s One Pan Pasta
- Fresh from the Garden Pasta
- Mexican Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Easy Zucchini Pasta
- Spinach Feta Pasta
You’re going to love this creamy chicken bacon tomato pasta because it is a delicious and simple pasta recipe that tastes great and saves you time in the kitchen!