Easy 5 ingredient Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue recipe made with chocolate chips, condensed milk and marshmallow creme! Amazing dessert fondue for dipping fresh fruit!
Indulge in the ultimate dessert experience with this Easy 5 Ingredient Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue recipe. Perfect for date nights, family gatherings, or just a simple treat to lift your spirits, this delectable fondue has just the right balance of sweetness and richness that will leave you yearning for more.
To add a touch of playfulness and creativity to your dessert table, experiment with various fruits and treats for dipping into the luscious chocolate-marshmallow mixture. Try dipping strawberries, banana, fresh pineapple, graham crackers and Nilla wafers!
Marshmallow Fondue Ingredients
Chocolate and Dairy
The base of this delightful Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue begins with 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk. To add a luscious marshmallow twist, 7 oz of marshmallow creme is included, while 1/3 cup of milk helps to achieve the perfect consistency. A touch of 1/4 tsp almond extract enhances the overall flavor.
Fruit for Dipping
A variety of fruits can be used for dipping to complement the rich chocolate flavor. Consider using:
- Banana slices
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Orange slices
- Apple slices
These fruits provide a refreshing balance to the indulgent chocolate-marshmallow combination.
Additional Treats for Dipping
To further enhance your fondue experience, consider adding these treats for dipping:
- Graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
- Cubes of pound cake
These additional treats introduce various textures and flavors, making the Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue a versatile and enjoyable dessert experience. While using the heat-and-whisk method described above, the fondue can be prepared with ease, and transferring it to a fondue pot or tiny crockpot ensures it remains warm during serving.
Melting Chocolate Chips and Condensed Milk
Begin by gently heating the chocolate chips and condensed milk over medium-low heat in a medium-sized saucepan. As the chocolate starts melting, gently whisk the mixture to combine them smoothly.
Adding Marshmallow Creme and Milk
Once you have a smooth mixture, add most of the marshmallow creme to the saucepan, leaving about 1 tablespoon for later use. After adding the marshmallow creme, pour in the milk, and continue whisking until the fondue mixture is smooth and well-blended.
Mixing in Almond Extract
After achieving a smooth consistency, remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the almond extract. This will enhance the flavor of the fondue.
Keep the Fondue Warm
Finally, transfer the fondue to a fondue pot or a tiny crockpot to keep it warm. Before serving, place small teaspoon-sized dollops of the remaining marshmallow creme on top of the fondue and use a knife to swirl it around a bit.
For dipping, you can use:
- Fruits: strawberries, banana, fresh pineapple, grapes, orange slices, apple slices
- Treats: graham crackers, Nilla wafers, cubes of pound cake, marshmallows, pretzels
Transferring to Fondue Pot
Once the chocolate marshmallow fondue is prepared, transfer it to a fondue pot or a tiny crockpot. This will help in keeping the fondue warm, allowing the guests to enjoy a smooth and delicious dipping experience. Make sure the heat setting is low to avoid the chocolate from burning or becoming too thick.
Adding Final Marshmallow Creme Touch
As a final touch, take a small teaspoon-sized dollop of the remaining marshmallow creme and place it on top of the fondue mixture. Use a knife to gently swirl the creme around the surface, creating an eye-catching design. This will add an extra layer of sweetness and texture when guests dip their treats.
Arrange the fruits and treats for dipping on a platter or separate bowls around the fondue pot for easy access. Encourage guests to try different combinations, and enjoy the rich and flavorsome chocolate marshmallow fondue.
Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 3 cups fruit for dipping strawberries, banana, fresh pineapple, grapes, orange slices, apple slices
- 2 cups more treats for dipping graham crackers, Nilla wafers, cubes of pound cake, marshmallows, pretzels
- Gently heat the chocolate chips and condensed milk over medium-low heat in a medium sized saucepan. Once the chocolate begins melting, gently whisk to combine.
- Add in most of the marshmallow creme, leaving about 1 TBSP. Add in the milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the almond extract.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or tiny crockpot to keep warm. Before serving, place small teaspoon sized dollops of the remaining marshmallow creme on top of the fondue. Use a knife to swirl it around a bit. Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What type of chocolate chips should I use?
Semi-sweet chocolate chips are recommended for this recipe. They provide a good balance between sweetness and bitterness. However, you can experiment with other types of chocolate chips, such as milk chocolate or dark chocolate, according to your taste preference.
Can I use a double boiler instead of a saucepan?
Yes, you can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk. Using a double boiler prevents the chocolate from burning and ensures even heating. Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk in the top part of the double boiler, and gently heat over medium-low heat.
Is marshmallow creme the same as marshmallow fluff?
Marshmallow creme and marshmallow fluff are essentially the same product. Both are made from sugar, corn syrup, and marshmallow flavoring. You can use either of them in this recipe.
Can I make this fondue without almond extract?
Yes, you can omit the almond extract if you don’t have it or if you have a nut allergy. You can also replace it with another extract, such as vanilla or coconut, to add a different flavor to the fondue.
What are some other dipping options?
Apart from the mentioned fruits and treats, you can also try dipping other items, such as:
- Brownie bites
- Rice Krispie treats
- Shortbread cookies
- Potato chips
Experiment with your favorite snacks to find the perfect combination for your chocolate marshmallow fondue experience.
How to Store Fondue
Storing fondue properly is important for both taste and food safety. To ensure that your delicious chocolate marshmallow fondue stays fresh and enjoyable, follow these storage guidelines.
First, let the fondue cool down to room temperature before attempting to store it. This will help prevent condensation from forming, which can cause the fondue to become soggy and could promote bacterial growth.
Once the fondue has cooled, transfer it to an airtight container. A glass or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid works well for this purpose. Make sure the container is dry and clean before adding the fondue.
Store the container in the refrigerator to preserve the fondue’s quality and freshness. Typically, chocolate-based fondue can last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Keep in mind that the texture and consistency of the fondue may change slightly during storage.
To reheat the stored fondue, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at half power for about 1 minute. Stir the fondue and continue heating in 20- to 30-second intervals until it reaches the desired consistency. Alternatively, use a double boiler to gently reheat the fondue on the stovetop, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
Here is a summary table to remind you of these key steps for storing fondue:
|1. Cool||Allow the fondue to cool to room temperature.|
|2. Transfer||Place the cooled fondue in an airtight container.|
|3. Store||Keep the sealed container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.|
|4. Reheat||Use a microwave or double boiler to gently reheat the fondue, stirring frequently until desired consistency.|
Can you Freeze Fondue?
Freezing fondue can be done, but it is essential to know the proper steps and considerations when doing so. The process may vary depending on the type of fondue, and the texture may be affected after freezing and reheating.
When it comes to freezing chocolate marshmallow fondue, there are a few factors to consider:
- Texture: After freezing and reheating, the texture of the fondue might not be the same as when it was freshly made. The chocolate and marshmallow might separate during the process, leading to a grainy texture.
- Storage: To ensure that the fondue maintains its flavor and consistency, it must be stored in an airtight container. Freezer bags or food-grade plastic containers with tight-fitting lids are ideal for this purpose.
- Shelf Life: Frozen fondue can typically last for up to three months in the freezer. After this period, the quality may begin to degrade, and it is best to consume it earlier than later.
To freeze the chocolate marshmallow fondue, follow these steps:
- Allow the fondue to cool completely after it has been made.
- Transfer the cooled fondue to an airtight container or freezer bag, leaving enough headspace to allow for expansion as it freezes.
- Seal the container or bag tightly to prevent air exposure and place it in the freezer.
- Label the container with the date of freezing for tracking purposes.
When ready to enjoy the frozen fondue, it is essential to reheat it properly to avoid altering the texture and consistency. Here’s how to do that:
- Remove the container from the freezer and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Gently heat the thawed fondue in a saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- If the fondue appears grainy or separated, whisk it continuously to restore its smooth texture.
In conclusion, while it is possible to freeze chocolate marshmallow fondue, certain considerations must be taken into account. Be mindful of the storage and shelf life and follow proper reheating instructions to ensure the best outcome.
Like fondue? So do we! Try these other fondue recipes:
- EASY STRAWBERRY FONDUE
- EASY CHOCOLATE FONDUE
- SWISS & CHEDDAR CHEESE FONDUE
- EASY CHEDDAR RANCH FONDUE
- RICE KRISPIE TREAT FONDUE BITES
- COOKIES AND CREAM FONDUE
Add a touch of playfulness & creativity to your dessert table with this easy Marshmallow Chocolate Fondue recipe! Have fun experimenting with various fruits and treats for dipping into this luscious chocolate mixture.