Cookies and Cream Fondue is an enjoyable dessert to share with friends. This creamy fondue comes together quickly and the results are a rich and decadent treat that tastes like Oreo cookies.
Chocolate and Cookies Fondue
We absolutely love fondue at our house and I am constantly on the lookout for new, simple, and yummy recipes to try. I found this recipe a while ago and was immediately excited to see that there were only 3 ingredients! That is my kind of recipe, easy to make and delicious!
After trying the original recipe, I tweaked it a tiny bit and added sugar to the list too. But even with 4 ingredients, it is still very simple to make and SO heavenly. We love this fondue recipe because it does not require a fancy fondue set, you can enjoy it straight out of a bowl! You can create this fancy dessert straight from your kitchen!
Why Make Cookies and Cream Fondue Recipe
This dessert fondue is sure to hit the spot at your next party, sleepover, or date night. Fondue has been a food served at social gatherings for decades (it was really popular in the 70s). Thankfully people’s desire to eat foods on a stick has survived this long because now we can introduce a cookie flavored fondue that you won’t want to live without.
Here are some reasons why you’re going to love it:
- Minimal ingredients. This recipe only has 4 ingredients in total making it really easy to grocery shop for because you probably have some of the ingredients on hand right now.
- It comes together quickly. You literally spend maybe 5 minutes or less melting down the chocoalte and assembling the entire dish.
- It’s always perfect for the occasion. Birthday party, sleepover, watching the game, girls night in, anniversaries and Valentines day too. There’s never a wrong time for cookies and chocolate so bring a bowl of fondue and dig in!
Cookies N’ Cream Fondue Ingredients
Chocolate chips: You will need 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips, whatever your chocolate preference is. If you use something other than semi-sweet chips, you may consider reducing the amount of sugar by a smidge.
Whipping cream: Adding in 1 cup of whipping cream will give this fondue a wonderful creamy texture. If you remember, set this ingredient out about 30-40 minutes before preparing so that it is at room temperature. Trust me, it works better this way.
Sugar: You need ⅔ cup granulated sugar for a nice sweet mixture. I like my chocolate fondue sweet, so I kept adding a little at a time until I felt like it was sweet enough. You may prefer more or less, taste test 1/3 cup at a time and adjust as needed.
Cookies: You will want to use about 10 Oreo cookies, feel free to use the amount you feel is right. You really can’t go wrong with having a few more or less.
Easy Step by Step on How to Make Cookie Fondue
Start by putting the chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for about 1 minute.
Then, stir and add the sugar and continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring each time until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Next, add the whipping cream to the chocolate mixture, stirring until it is all well blended.
Add the Oreos
After that, crush your Oreos into small pieces. I put them in a ziplocked bag and let my daughter gently pound them with a meat tenderizer. It is much more fun that way! I left mine pretty chunky, but you can crush them more finely if you wish. When they are to your liking, stir the crushed Oreos into the chocolate mixture.
Serve or Keep Warm
At this point, you can either transfer the fondue into a fondue pot to warm it or serve it. Or you can stick the bowl back into the microwave for about 30-45 seconds to heat it and then serve it that way.
What To Serve with Fondue
There are so many great things you can dip into fondue, I could never choose a favorite. Here are just a few ideas that I particularly love. Strawberries, Bananas, Pineapples, Apple slices, Marshmallows Rice Krispie treats, Donut holes, Poundcake, Graham crackers, Vanilla Wafers. These are just to name a few amazing treats that would taste absolutely amazing dipped in this cookie and cream fondue! Serve and enjoy!
Cookies and Cream Fondue
- 1 package Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- ⅔ cup Granulated sugar
- 10 whole Oreo cookies
Optional Dipping Food Ideas
- Apple slices
- Rice Krispie treats
- Donut holes
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Start by putting the chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for about 1 minute.
- Then, stir and add the sugar and continue to microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring each time until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Next, add in the whipping cream to the chocolate mixture, stirring until it is all well blended.
- After that, crush your Oreos into small pieces. I put them in a ziplocked bag and let my daughter gently pound them with a meat tenderizer. It is much more fun that way! I left mine pretty chunky, but you can crush them more finely if you wish. When they are to your liking, stir the crushed Oreos into the chocolate mixture.
- At this point, you can either transfer the fondue into a fondue pot to warm it and serve. Or you can stick the bowl back into the microwave for about 30-45 seconds to heat it and then serve it that way.
- Serve with foods to dip in it.
Do you need a fondue pot to make chocolate and cookie fondue?
You can use a fondue pot to make chocolate fondue, but you definitely don’t have to have one. I have an electric fondue pot that I love, but I have made this recipe in a regular saucepan or in the microwave many times. It just depends on how much time I have, but it all turns out as the same creamy delicious chocolate dream!
How do you serve chocolate fondue?
If we are just having fondue with our family, we put the fondue pot/saucepan/bowl in the middle of the table and dip away. All of the food that we use for dipping is small enough that double-dipping isn’t really much of a concern!
If we have friends or family over, we typically set up a couple of tables so that we can scoop some of the fondues into small bowls/ramekins (I use these ones) and give them to those who can’t reach the fondue pot or just who prefer to have their own serving of chocolate to dip into.
If you are serving chocolate fondue at a party, you can transfer the chocolate fondue into a small Crockpot and keep it turned to warm. Leave a ladle for people to scoop the chocolate into small bowls or even just to drizzle the chocolate all over the top of their dippers.
Check out some of our other favorite chocolate recipes!
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Homemade Almond Joy Bars
- Oreo Ball recipe
- Best Brownie recipe
- Hershey Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake recipe
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- Easy Brownie Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Turtle Pie
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Making this chocolate fondue is so simple and with only 4 ingredients! It makes enjoying this fondue with loved ones that much more special.