Chicken Pizza Foil Packets are full of chicken, pepperoni, veggies, seasonings, and cheese. They can be baked in the oven or on the grill, making them a tasty option for when you’re at home or camping!
Chicken Pizza Packets are perfect for the whole family, and we have been loving this recipe this summer! I have made these in the oven and on the grill, and they turn out fantastic both ways! We have been using the grill a lot lately because the temps have been way too high, and I can’t bring myself to turn the oven on more than necessary.
Easy Chicken Foil Packet Recipe
Whether you grill these chicken foil packets or you cook your chicken foil packets in the oven, the results are just as tasty as you’d expect. With tender chicken pieces, loads of veggies, and so much cheesy goodness in every packet, this is a recipe you won’t mind repeating often. Make them at home or take them camping, and you’ll have a dinner you can look forward to every time.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The packets are completely customizable. You can add or subtract ingredients based on individual preference, which is important in my house.
- They’re easy to serve. Everything in the packets is pre-portioned, making them very easy to serve up to the family. Just grab a packet and hand it out.
- They’re easy to clean up too! Because everything is cooked inside of the foil packet, the cleanup is a breeze. Just wrap everything back up, store leftovers in the fridge, or toss the foil in the trash. You won’t need to dirty another dish.
Chicken Pizza Packets Ingredients
Chicken– You will need 1 pound of chicken breasts, which should be about 2-3 chicken breasts.
Olive oil– Use 2 tablespoons of olive oil to help coat everything well.
Pepperoni– Adding in a small package of pepperoni will give us a stronger pizza flavor. I used a 5-ounce bag of mini pepperoni.
Bell Pepper- Use 1 green bell pepper that has been diced into smaller pieces.
Onion– You’ll want one small onion that has been diced.
Zucchini– Chop a zucchini into bite-sized pieces and use it in the packets for added moisture and color.
Seasonings– For delicious flavor, you will need 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
Cherry tomatoes- Use 1 cup of cherry tomatoes that have been halved.
Cheese- A pizza is best with cheese, so make sure to use 1/2 cup each of shredded mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese.
How to Make Chicken Pizza Foil Packets
In a large bowl, combine everything except the tomatoes and cheese.
Tear 4 pieces of foil to make 12X12 squares.
Place 1/4 of the mixture in the center of each piece and fold the foil over the mixture, sealing tightly at the top of each packet.
Grill over medium-high heat for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
If you prefer to use the oven, bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
Carefully open each packet and sprinkle it with tomatoes and cheese.
Seal loosely and grill (or bake) for 2-3 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
CHICKEN PIZZA FOIL PACKETS
- 2-3 chicken breasts about 1 lb of chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small pkg of pepperoni I used a 5 oz bag of mini pepperonis
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine everything except the tomatoes and cheese.
- Tear 4 pieces of foil to make 12X12 squares. Place 1/4 of the mixture in the center of each piece and fold the foil over the mixture, sealing tightly at the top of each packet.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. If you prefer to use the oven, bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully open each packet and sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Seal loosely and grill (or bake) for 2-3 more minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve immediately!
How long does it take to grill foil packets?
Your packets will take about 15-20 minutes to grill, but the time will truly depend upon the size of your cut chicken and veggies. Smaller pieces will cook more quickly. You want the veggies to be fork-tender and the chicken to be fully cooked so that it registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
What if my chicken turns out dry?
Smother it in sauce! Adding some red pasta sauce or pizza sauce over the top of the chicken after it has finished cooking can help to hide any dry or overcooked chicken, and it pairs nicely with the flavors we have going on too!
If you enjoyed these Chicken Pizza Foil Packets, you might like to try the following recipes:
- Grilled BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- BBQ Chicken Bacon Pineapple Kabobs
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Grilled Italian Chicken and Pasta
- Easy Tortellini Kabobs
You’re going to love these Grilling Recipes!
- CHEESY GRILLED PINEAPPLE CHICKEN
- FAJITA CHICKEN KABOBS
- STICK OF BUTTER SMOKED WHOLE CHICKEN
- GRILLED STEAK KABOBS
- GRILLED HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
- MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
- GRILLED SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN
- SWEET & SPICY GRILLED STICKY CHICKEN
- GRILLED HONEY CHICKEN WITH GLAZED PINEAPPLE
- HONEY CHICKEN KABOBS
- GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN
- EASY SMOKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
Chicken Pizza Foil Packets are full of chicken, pepperoni, veggies, seasonings, and cheese. They can be baked in the oven or on the grill. Make them a tasty option for when you’re at home or camping away!
Leave a Reply