Caramel Grapes are fresh grapes dipped in melted caramel & white chocolate, then covered with pecans! Simple, decadent & utterly delicious!
Caramel apple grapes are a great option for those who want to indulge in something sweet without feeling guilty. These caramel covered grapes are a low-calorie treat that is packed with vitamins and antioxidants, while caramel adds a touch of sweetness without being overpowering.
Caramel Grapes Around the World
Caramel grapes are a sweet and delicious treat that has gained popularity in recent years. This unique snack consists of grapes coated in caramel, creating a perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors. While caramel grapes are a relatively new phenomenon, they have quickly become a favorite snack around the world.
In the United States, caramel grapes are a popular treat at state fairs and carnivals. They are often served on a stick, making them easy to eat while walking around. In addition to state fairs, caramel grapes can also be found at specialty candy shops and online retailers. In Japan, caramel grapes are known as “kudamono no karameru” and are a popular snack during the summer months. They are often served chilled and can be found at convenience stores and supermarkets throughout the country.
Overall, caramel grapes are a delicious and unique snack that can be enjoyed around the world. Whether you are at a state fair in the United States or a Christmas market in Europe, caramel grapes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Why You Will Love This Candied Grape Recipe
- Sweet and Savory: The combination of sweet grapes and rich, buttery caramel creates a perfect balance of flavors that will satisfy your sweet tooth without being too overwhelming.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is incredibly simple to make and requires only a few ingredients. It’s a great option for a quick and easy dessert or snack.
- Healthy Option: While caramel grapes may seem like a decadent treat, they can actually be a healthier option than other desserts. Grapes are low in calories and high in antioxidants, while the caramel can be made with natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
Ingredients for Caramel Grapes
Grapes: You will need about 20 grapes, washed & patted dry, for this sweet snack recipe.
Caramels: Use 11-oz of Kraft Candy Caramels, melted, to coat the juicy grapes.
Milk: Add 1 TBSP of milk to help thin out the caramel and create the perfect dipping consistency.
Candy Melts: Using 1 cup of White Candy Melts will add another delightful layer of sweetness to these dessert grapes.
Pecans: For even more amazing flavor, use ¼ cup of Finely Crushed Pecans to sprinkle on top of the candy coating.
How to make Pecan Caramel Covered Grapes
Get started by unwrapping the caramels and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Then add 1 TBSP of milk and microwave for 1:30. When done, let the caramel sit for an additional 2 minutes. After that, stir it gently, then microwave in 30 second intervals, letting the caramel sit for 1 minute and stirring between intervals, until the caramel is completely melted and smooth.
Now, prepare the grapes while the caramel cools down. You need to wash and remove stems from about 20 grapes. Then insert a toothpick into each grape, place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Proceed to dip each grape gently into the melted caramel and tap off the excess. Set it down gently onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet standing up. If caramel drips completely off the grape, scrape it back into the bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes, then try again.
Let the caramel harden and then remove the toothpicks from each grape.
Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds at a time, until they are smooth and melted. Stir throughout the melting process.
Next, drop one grape at a time into the melted chocolate. Coat completely and then remove with a fork, shaking off any excess.
Place back onto the parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with the pecans.
After that, put the candy-coated grapes in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes to chill and set.
Serve and enjoy! They taste just like candy apple, only bite size. Enjoy!
Make Gourmet Caramel Grapes
For those who want to take caramel grapes to the next level, gourmet variations are the way to go. Gourmet caramel grapes typically use higher quality ingredients and unique flavor combinations to create a truly exceptional treat. Some popular gourmet caramel grape variations include:
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Grapes: These grapes are coated in a rich dark chocolate caramel and sprinkled with sea salt for a sweet and salty flavor combination.
- White Chocolate Caramel Grapes with Pistachios: These grapes are coated in a creamy white chocolate caramel and rolled in chopped pistachios for a nutty crunch.
- Cinnamon Roll Caramel Grapes: These grapes are coated in a cinnamon caramel and drizzled with cream cheese icing for a dessert-like flavor.
- 20 Grapes washed & patted dry
- 11 oz Kraft Candy Caramels
- 1 TBSP Milk
- 1 cup White Candy Melts
- ¼ cup Finely Crushed Pecans
- Caramel: Unwrap caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 TBSP milk and microwave for 1:30. Let sit for an additional 2 minutes. Stir gently, then microwave in 30 second intervals, letting caramel sit 1 minute and stirring between intervals, until caramel is smooth.
- Prep: You need to wash and remove stems from about 20 grapes. Then insert a toothpick into each grape, place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Coat: Dip grapes gently into your melted caramel and tap off the excess. Set down gently onto a piece of parchment paper. (If caramel drips off, scrape caramel back into bowl and let cool for 5 minutes, then try again.)
- Let caramel harden. Remove the toothpicks from each grape.
- Candy coating: Place your candy melts in the microwave, for 45 seconds at a time, until smooth and melted. Stir throughout the melting process.
- Drop one grape at a time in your melted chocolate. Coat completely and then remove with a fork. Shaking off any excess.
- Chill: Place down gently onto your parchment paper. Sprinkle with pecans. Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! It tastes just like a candy apple, only bite size.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How to prevent grapes from sliding off?
To prevent caramel-covered grapes from sliding off, ensure that the grapes are thoroughly washed and dried before dipping them in caramel. It is also recommended to use room temperature grapes, as cold grapes tend to cause the caramel to harden quickly, making it difficult to adhere to the grapes. After dipping the grapes in caramel, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and allow them to cool and set before serving.
What are some creative recipes using caramel apple grapes?
There are many creative recipes that use caramel apple grapes. One popular recipe is to skewer caramel-covered grapes with chunks of apple and drizzle them with melted chocolate. Another recipe is to mix caramel apple grapes with chopped nuts and serve them as a sweet and salty snack. Caramel apple grapes can also be used as a topping for ice cream or as a garnish for cocktails.
What is the best way to store caramel apple grapes?
Caramel apple grapes should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be stored for up to three days, but it is recommended to consume them as soon as possible for the best taste and texture.
What is the best way to dip grapes in caramel?
To dip grapes in caramel, put a toothpick through the grape and dip it into the caramel, swirling it around to coat it evenly. Use a fork or skewer to remove the grape from the caramel and tap it gently on the side of the bowl to remove any excess caramel. Allow the caramel to cool and set before serving.
Try more of our favorite fruity dessert recipes here:
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Mango Salad
- Blackberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
- Fall Fruit Breakfast Crumble
- Blueberry Cream Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts
- Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
- Banana Cream Pie Cookies
- Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips
- Caramel Apple Nachos
- Caramel Apple Bark
- Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate Cookies
- Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- Mini Apple Pies
Caramel Grapes are a fun twist on traditional caramel grapes! Whether you are looking for a healthy snack or a sweet treat, candied grapes are sure to satisfy your cravings.