BLT Bratwurst Recipe is made easily with grilled bratwurst sausages topped with lettuce, fresh tomatoes and savory bacon. This bratwurst recipe is great for when you want a delicious, flavorful dinner on the table fast!
Make this BLT sandwich with a twist, as a lunch or dinner, either way it is sure to be a huge hit with family and friends. These grilled bratwurst are simple to make, in under 30 minutes you will have an incredible meal ready to enjoy.
Easy Bratwurst Dinner Idea
Summer is the time for grilling and I absolutely love serving quick and easy recipes that are full of flavor. I feel like 4th of July BBQ’s are the perfect time for getting together with friends and family and enjoying some great food! You will absolutely love how quickly this BLT Bratwurst recipe comes together. The combination of bratwurst and bacon is a winner too, so fire up the grill and get started!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS BRATWURST RECIPE!
It is no secret that we enjoy this recipe, but here are a some reasons why we think you will to love it too!
- Minimal ingredients. You will need just about 7 ingredients to make this recipe, and a few of them are most likely already in your kitchen. Few ingredients means a small shopping trip and quick prep work.
- You can prep in advance. If you want to prepare some of the ingredients ahead of time, it could save a bit of effort when it comes time for dinner. Get this started earlier by making the bacon and/or dicing the tomatoes too. With these simple tasks out of the way earlier, all you have to do is cook the brats and you are on your way to a tasty meal!
- Great for a variety of events or occasions. Anything from a weekend BBQ to your child’s graduation is a perfect setting. Or tailgating and game days are wonderful for this sensational meaty dish.
BLT Bratwurst Ingredients
Bacon: You will need 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled, for the amazing topping on these brats.
Lettuce: Use about 5 sections of green leaf lettuce for the “L” part of these BLT’s.
Tomato: For more great flavor, use 1 large tomato, cut into 1/4″ sections.
Bratwurst: You will need 1 package (19 ounce) of bratwurst sausage, whatever brand and flavor you prefer. I personally love Johnsonville Brats, they always taste amazing.
Buns: For this recipe you need 5 deli sliced buns, whatever brand/type you prefer or have on hand.
Condiments: For more great flavor, add some mayonnaise and mustard to the bun before assembling the BLT Brat.
How to make BLT Bratwurst Sausages
Start by cooking the bacon, you will want it nice and crispy. If you haven’t tried out our easiest way to cook bacon, you should give it a try today! When it is done, let it cool before crumbling into small pieces.
Then, wash and try the lettuce and dice the tomatoes into thin slices. Set aside.
After that, prepare the sausages. I like to grill my bratwurst over medium-high heat, for 7-8 minutes on each side, for the best tasting results. You can also cook them on the stovetop if it is not grilling season. However you choose to make them will be great.
Once the brats are cooked, open the buns, and spread the desired amount of mayo and mustard on each side.
Then, place a piece of lettuce in each bun. Next, add the bratwurst, now arrange a slice of tomato on each side and sprinkle the top with bacon crumbles.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
What’s the best way to cook Bratwurst?
You can cook bratwurst in a variety of ways, but we prefer the flavor of grilled bratwurst. Bratwurst grills quickly, it cooks in about 15 minutes over medium high heat. These types of sausages are meant to be fried, not boiled. When you boil a bratwurst, it destroys the flavor and removes the spices from the meat. You can fry it up in a pan on the stove if it is too cold to fire up the grill.
BLT Bratwurst Recipe
- 5 Bratwurst
- 6-8 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 5 sections of green leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato cut into 1/4″ sections
- mayo & mustard to taste
- 5 deli sliced buns
- Prep: Start by cooking the bacon, you will want it nice and crispy. If you haven't tried out our easiest way to cook bacon, you should give it a try today! Then, wash and try the lettuce and dice the tomatoes into thin slices. Set aside.
- Cook sausages: After that, prepare the sausages. I like to grill my bratwurst over medium-high heat, for 7-8 minutes on each side, for the best tasting results. You can also cook them on the stovetop if it is not grilling season. However, you choose to make them will be great.
- Assemble: Once the brats are cooked, open the buns, and spread the desired amount of mayo and mustard on each side. Then, place a piece of lettuce in each bun. Next, add the bratwurst, now arrange a slice of tomato on each side and sprinkle the top with bacon crumbles. Serve immediately and enjoy!
HOW LONG ARE BLT BRATS GOOD FOR?
You will want to store any leftovers in an airtight container and they will last in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat the brats again before serving so that you can enjoy them warm, that is when they truly taste their best.
What else can I add to my bratwurst sandwich?
If you want to add a bit more substance to your bratwurst, there are SO many options. You can add some grilled onions, relish, or even sauerkraut. Or, if you are not a mayonnaise fan, you can add some BBQ sauce instead. Or some stoneground mustard would taste amazing too. Or change up the whole recipe and add some chili and cheese to the top! Really, there are countless options to spicing up a bratwurst meal.
Looking for more Pork recipes? Check these out:
- Sausage Potato Boat Recipe
- Easy Lil Smokies & Meatballs Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Recipe
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs Recipe
- Grilled Italian Sausage Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Filet Recipe
- Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Calzone
- Zucchini Sausage Soup
- Sausage & Pepper Pasta
- Zuppa Toscana
BLT Bratwurst Recipe is made simply with grilled bratwurst sausages topped with fresh tomatoes, savory bacon and lettuce. This bratwurst recipe is fantastic when you want a tasty, flavorful dinner on the table fast!
Leave a Reply