Apple Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze is a delicious dessert that combines buttery pound cake packed with fresh apple & a lovely brown sugar caramel glaze!
This brown sugar glaze recipe comes together easily and adds a rich, buttery flavor that complements the moist and tender cake. Whether you’re an experienced baker or a novice, this apple pound cake is easy to make and will leave everyone asking for seconds.
What is Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze?
This cake is a twist on the classic pound cake recipe, which is known for its dense texture and buttery flavor. The addition of apples and caramel glaze gives the cake a sweet and fruity taste that is perfect for any occasion. The cake is made with simple ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and baking powder. The apples are peeled, cored, and diced into small pieces before being mixed into the batter. The caramel glaze is made by melting butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream in a saucepan until it thickens and becomes a rich caramel color.
The finished cake is a moist and flavorful dessert that is perfect for serving at parties, family gatherings, or as a special treat for yourself. The caramel glaze adds a sweet and creamy texture to the cake, while the diced apples provide a fruity crunch that complements the rich buttery flavor of the pound cake.
Why You Will Love This Pound Cake Recipe
- Moist and Flavorful: The pound cake is moist, tender, and bursting with apple flavor. The caramel glaze adds a sweet and buttery finish that complements the cake perfectly.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is straightforward and easy to follow. You don’t need any special equipment or advanced baking skills to make it.
- Versatile: You can serve this cake warm or at room temperature. It’s delicious on its own, but you can also pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Apple Pound Cake Ingredients
Brown sugar: Add in 1 ¼ cup of brown sugar for an amazing depth of flavor in this pound cake.
Sugar: To create a soft and sweet cake, you will also want to use 1 cup of sugar.
Applesauce: Using 1 cup of applesauce will give this cake wonderful moisture and add just a bit more apple flavor.
Oil: For the needed fats to keep this cake nice and moist, you will need ½ cup of oil.
Vanilla extract: You need 2 tsp. of vanilla extract to help enhance all the great taste in this cake recipe.
Eggs: Use 3 eggs to bind all the ingredients together and give the pound cake a lovely texture.
Flour: The structural base of this cake recipe is 3 cups of flour.
Baking soda: Add in 1 tsp. of baking soda to help the cake rise properly as it bakes.
Cinnamon: For a warm taste, you will need to add 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
Salt: Balance all the flavors in this cake by adding in 1 tsp. of salt to the batter.
Apples: You will need 2 granny smith apples, cored and chopped, to give this pound cake even more incredible taste.
Walnuts: For some great texture and taste, add in 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
Butter: You need ½ cup of butter for a nice rich tasting glaze.
Milk: Using 2 tsp. of milk will help create the perfect glaze consistency.
Brown sugar: Add ½ cup of brown sugar to make this simple caramel glaze come together.
How to make Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze
Get started by preheating the oven to 325°F. Then, grease a 9-inch Bundt pan and set it aside.
Also get the apples cored and chopped to prepare for adding to the batter.
In a large bowl, beat both sugars, applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, and eggs with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Next, in a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; then proceed to stir into the wet batter until just blended.
After that, fold in the chopped apples and walnuts.
Continue to pour the batter into the prepared pan, place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for about 20 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring regularly to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Proceed to drizzle the sauce over the warm cake.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
Apple Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 granny smith apples cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tsp milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- Also get the apples cored and chopped to prepare for adding to the batter.
- Batter: In a large bowl, beat the sugars, applesauce, oil, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into the wet batter just until blended. Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Bake: Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes then invert on to a wire rack.
- Caramel Glaze: Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Drizzle over the warm cake.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Variations of Apple Pound Cake to try!
There are many ways to add your own twist to this classic Apple Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze recipe. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Change up the spices: While cinnamon is a classic spice to use with apples, you could also experiment with other flavors. Try adding a pinch of nutmeg, ginger, or allspice to the batter.
- Use a different glaze: While the caramel glaze is delicious, you could also try a different type of glaze. A simple powdered sugar glaze made with milk and vanilla would work well, or you could try a cream cheese glaze for a tangy twist.
- Try a different fruit: While apples are the star of this recipe, you could try swapping them out for a different fruit. Pears, peaches, or even berries would all work well in this recipe.
- Make it healthier: If you’re looking to make this recipe a bit healthier, try swapping out some of the butter for applesauce. You could also use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
What is the best way to keep a pound cake moist?
The best way to keep a pound cake moist is to store it in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also wrap the cake in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before storing it. Adding a layer of parchment paper between the cake and the wrap can help prevent the glaze from sticking to the wrap and pulling off when you remove it.
Can you use cake mix to make an apple bundt cake?
Yes, you can use a cake mix to make an apple bundt cake. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box, but add diced apples to the batter before pouring it into the bundt pan. You can also add spices or other flavorings to the cake mix to enhance the flavor.
When is the best time to glaze a bundt cake?
The best time to glaze a bundt cake is after it has cooled completely. This allows the glaze to set properly and prevents it from sliding off the cake. To glaze the cake, place it on a wire rack over a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper. Pour the glaze over the cake, using a spatula to spread it evenly over the top and sides. Allow the glaze to set for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
Need more amazing bread or cake recipes? Try these!
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Easy Banana Bread
- Yogurt Banana Bread
- Cranberry Banana Bread
- Raspberry Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- LEMON BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE
- 7-UP POUND CAKE
- LIME POUND CAKE
- BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE
- BANANA POUND CAKE
- LEMON BUTTERMILK POUND CAKE
- LEMON POUND CAKE MUFFINS
Apple Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze is an amazing snack or treat that combines the flavors of tart apples with the sweetness of caramel sauce. Make this apple walnut cake for any occasion, holiday parties, birthdays or a casual family gathering.