Raspberry Banana Bread is a delicious quick bread recipe swirled with raspberry jam in every slice. The delightful combination of sweet banana bread and raspberries makes this quick bread simply irresistible.
Making this banana and raspberry bread recipe could not be any easier, you most likely already have all the ingredients in your kitchen! This banana bread takes what we know and love about this classic recipe but with a twist, the combination of flavors is truly incredible.
Banana Raspberry Bread
I absolutely love banana bread, but I always feel like it is a little bland, like something is missing. While trying out different ideas on how to add that WOW factor to this bread, I came up with the idea to add jam. It is such a simple addition to this classic bread, but it really adds a ton of great flavor and kicks it up a notch.
Why You Should Make a Banana Raspberry Loaf
Banana bread recipes are truly iconic and nostalgic. There’s just no beating that classic taste of a sweet spiced loaf of freshly made banana bread. Here are some reasons why you’re going to love this loaf:
- Basic ingredients. This recipe uses basic pantry staple ingredients like cinnamon, flour, jam, and ripe bananas (things you most likely already have in your home). This means fewer trips to the grocery store and less time to wait for the oven timer to beep.
- It tastes great hot and cold. Whether you like your banana bread sliced warm and smeared in butter or you like it chilled for breakfast the next day, this loaf tastes great either way.
- It’s freezer-friendly! Want to use up thoses bananas now but don’t want to eat an entire loaf of banana bread right now? That’s okay! Simply bag up a loaf or a few slices and tuck it away into the freezer for up to 3 months. Snack when you want.
Raspberry Banana Bread ingredients
Flour: You will need 2 cups of all-purpose flour for the base of this bread recipe.
Baking soda: Using 1 teaspoon of baking soda will help this rise properly during the baking process.
Salt: Adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt will give a great flavor balance to this bread.
Butter: You need 1/2 cup of butter to give this dish great texture and flavor. This is one stick.
Brown sugar: Use 3/4 cup brown sugar to give just the right amount of sweetness to this wonderful recipe. Brown sugar also gives us a nicer top crust and added depth of flavor thanks to the molasses.
Cinnamon: Add 2 teaspoon cinnamon for a perfect warm spice.
Vanilla extract: You will need 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to help enhance all the flavors in this recipe.
Nutmeg: Use 1 teaspoon nutmeg for a great addition of taste and flavor.
Eggs: Adding 2 eggs, beaten, to this bread will give it a sensational texture.
Bananas: You will need 2 cups mashed, very ripe, bananas, this is equal to about 3-4 medium-size bananas.
Jam: For the amazing flavor booster in this bread, you will need 3-4 Tablespoons of raspberry jam. Other jam flavors can be used instead.
How to Make Banana Raspberry Bread
Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F. Then, lightly coat a loaf bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Set aside for later use.
In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Then, in a separate large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
Next, stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
After that, add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir just until combined.
Now, pour HALF of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Then, take your jam and spoon 1 Tablespoon in a line on the loaf. If you are using a large loaf pan, I did two lines with 1 Tablespoon of Jam. For a small loaf, I did 1 Tablespoon down the center of the pan. Using a sharp knife, draw lines through the jam to add a nice swirl and spread it through the batter a bit.
Pour the remaining batter on top, then repeat the process with the jam. These top lines of jam are more visible, feel free to make a pretty swirl pattern if you want since this will be visible after baking is complete.
Proceed to place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
When To Serve Banana and Raspberry Loaf
What I love most about this bread is that it can be enjoyed day or night. You can serve it up for breakfast, enjoy a piece for a midday snack, or even warm it up and add some cinnamon to it for an after-dinner treat. Really, this bread is a sensational and quick dish that does not disappoint!
Raspberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas about 3-4
- 3-4 TBSP raspberry jam
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F. Then, lightly coat a loaf bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Set aside for later use.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Then, in a separate large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Next, stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- After that, add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir just until combined.
- Now, pour HALF of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Then, take your jam and spoon 1 TBSP in a line on the loaf. If you are using a large loaf pan, I did two lines with with 1 TBSP of Jam. For a small loaf, I did 1 TBSP down the center of the pan. Using a sharp knife, draw lines through the jam to add a nice swirl and spread it through the batter a bit.
- Pour the remaining batter on top, then repeat process with the jam. These top lines of jam are more visible, feel free to make a pretty swirl pattern if you want since this will be visible after baking is complete.
- Proceed to place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Can this bread be made as muffins instead?
It sure can be! Any quick bread recipe can easily be converted into a muffin recipe. Make the batter as indicated and then pour into a greased muffin pan. Adjust the baking time to 30-35 minutes.
Can you freeze banana bread or muffins?
Absolutely it can be frozen! It is actually a great recipe to freeze as it holds up quite well. Make sure the bread is cooled completely, then wrap the entire loaf in plastic wrap, and place it in a freezer-safe bag or in foil. To thaw, leave in plastic and set at room temperature until completely thawed through.
How do I avoid sunken bread?
The easiest and best way to avoid sunken bread is to use a cooking thermometer to check the inside of the loaf. Fully cooked bread will register 200°F on a thermometer. My all-time favorite thermometer is the Thermapen. It’s super fast and incredibly durable. Another great cooking thermometer is the ThermoPop which is a more basic version that works just as well!
What is the best bread pan to use?
I bake a lot of bread and the pans I prefer are either ceramic, glass or cast iron. These pans will bake bread more evenly and release the bread more easily after baking. I don’t like using dark or nonstick pans because the bread cooks unevenly. It darkens on the outside before the bread is cooked on the inside, so the coloring is uneven. Read more about which bread pan is the best here!
While you’re here, check out some more quick bread recipes to save for later
- Best Zucchini Bread recipe
- Easy Lemon Quick Bread
- Yogurt Banana Bread recipe
- Dutch Apple Quick Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- Caramel Banana Nut Bread
- Best Ever Pumpkin Bread
- Lemon Buttermilk Quick Bread
- Caramel Apple Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
- Peppermint Chocolate Quick Bread
- Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
Raspberry Banana Bread is an easy and delicious bread recipe packed with amazing flavors! Try this delightful and sweet banana and raspberry bread today and see what we mean!