Raspberry Banana Bread is a delicious twist on the classic banana bread recipe. The addition of raspberry jam to the banana bread provides a burst of freshness and a pop of color to the loaf.
To make this banana and raspberry bread recipe, ripe bananas are mashed and combined with flour, sugar, eggs, and other ingredients. With its unique flavor and beautiful presentation, this banana bread is sure to become a new favorite in any household.
Raspberry Banana Bread
Raspberry Banana Bread is a delicious and moist bread that combines the flavors of ripe bananas and sweet raspberry jam. I absolutely love banana bread, but I always feel like it is a little bland, like something is missing. While trying out different ideas on how to add that WOW factor to this bread, I came up with the idea to add jam. It is such a simple addition to this classic bread, but it really adds a ton of great flavor and kicks it up a notch.
This bread is perfect for breakfast or as a snack, and it’s a great way to use up ripe bananas and fresh raspberries. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences!
Why You Should Make This Banana Raspberry Loaf Recipe
- Basic ingredients. This recipe uses basic pantry staple ingredients like cinnamon, flour, jam, and ripe bananas (things you most likely already have in your home). This means fewer trips to the grocery store and less time to wait for the oven timer to beep.
- Perfect for sharing: This quick bread is a crowd-pleaser and is perfect for sharing with friends and family. It is great for bake sales, potlucks, and parties.
- It’s freezer-friendly! Want to use up thoses bananas now but don’t want to eat an entire loaf of banana bread right now? That’s okay! Simply bag up a loaf or a few slices and tuck it away into the freezer for up to 3 months. Snack when you want.
Raspberry Banana Bread ingredients
Flour: You will need 2 cups of all-purpose flour for the base of this bread recipe.
Baking soda: Using 1 tsp. of baking soda will help this rise properly during the baking process.
Salt: Adding ¼ tsp. of salt will give a great flavor balance to this bread.
Butter: For a wonderful rich taste, add in ½ cup of butter, this is equal to one stick.
Brown sugar: Use ¾ cup brown sugar to give just the right amount of sweetness to this wonderful recipe. Brown sugar also gives us a nicer top crust and added depth of flavor thanks to the molasses.
Cinnamon: Give this bread a lovely warm taste by adding in 2 tsp. of cinnamon.
Vanilla extract: You will need 1 tsp. vanilla extract to help enhance all the flavors in this recipe.
Nutmeg: Using 1 tsp. of nutmeg is a great addition of more incredible flavor.
Eggs: Add in 2 eggs, beaten, to give the bread a sensational texture.
Bananas: You need 2 cups of mashed, very ripe, bananas, this is equal to about 3-4 medium-size bananas.
Jam: For the amazing flavor booster in this bread, you will need 3-4 TBSP of raspberry jam. Other jam flavors can be used instead, like strawberry, blueberry, blackberry or apricot. Whatever you prefer or have on hand will taste amazing.
How to Make Banana Raspberry Bread
Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F. Then, lightly coat a loaf bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Set aside for later use.
In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Then, in a separate large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
Next, stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
After that, add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir just until combined.
Now, pour HALF of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Then, take your jam and spoon 1 Tablespoon in a line on the loaf. If you are using a large loaf pan, I did two lines with 1 Tablespoon of Jam. For a small loaf, I did 1 Tablespoon down the center of the pan. Using a sharp knife, draw lines through the jam to add a nice swirl and spread it through the batter a bit.
Pour the remaining batter on top, then repeat the process with the jam. These top lines of jam are more visible, feel free to make a pretty swirl pattern if you want since this will be visible after baking is complete.
Proceed to place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
When To Serve Banana and Raspberry Loaf
What I love most about this bread is that it can be enjoyed day or night. You can serve it up for breakfast, enjoy a piece for a midday snack, or even warm it up and add some cinnamon to it for an after-dinner treat. Really, this bread is a sensational and quick dish that does not disappoint!
Raspberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas about 3-4
- 3-4 TBSP raspberry jam
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly coat a loaf bread pan with non-stick cooking spray, set it aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Set aside for later use.
- Bread batter: In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Then, in a separate large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Next, stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- After that, add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir just until combined.
- Now, pour HALF of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Swirl jam: Then, take your jam and spoon 1 TBSP in a line on the loaf. If you are using a large loaf pan, I did two lines with with 1 TBSP of Jam. For a small loaf, I did 1 TBSP down the center of the pan. Using a sharp knife, draw lines through the jam to add a nice swirl and spread it through the batter a bit.
- Pour the remaining batter on top, then repeat process with the jam. These top lines of jam are more visible, feel free to make a pretty swirl pattern if you want since this will be visible after baking is complete.
- Bake: Proceed to place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can you freeze banana bread or muffins?
Absolutely it can be frozen! It is actually a great recipe to freeze as it holds up quite well. Make sure the bread is cooled completely, then wrap the entire loaf in plastic wrap, and place it in a freezer-safe bag or in foil. To thaw, leave in plastic and set at room temperature until completely thawed through.
Can I make a gluten-free version of raspberry banana bread?
To make a gluten-free version of raspberry banana bread, replace the wheat flour with a gluten-free flour blend. There are many gluten-free flour blends available on the market, or you can make your own by combining equal parts of rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour. You can also add xanthan gum to help bind the ingredients together.
What are some variations of banana raspberry bread?
There are many variations of banana and raspberry bread that you can try. You can add nuts, such as chopped walnuts or pecans, for a crunchy texture. You can also add chocolate chips or cocoa powder for a chocolatey twist. Another variation is to add a streusel topping made of brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
Are mushy bananas necessary for making banana bread?
Mushy bananas are not necessary for making banana bread, but they do make the bread more moist and flavorful. If your bananas are not quite ripe enough, you can place them in a paper bag with an apple or a tomato to speed up the ripening process. Alternatively, you can mash the bananas and let them sit for a few hours to develop more flavor.
What is the best bread pan to use?
I bake a lot of bread and the pans I prefer are either ceramic, glass or cast iron. These pans will bake bread more evenly and release the bread more easily after baking. I don’t like using dark or nonstick pans because the bread cooks unevenly. It darkens on the outside before the bread is cooked on the inside, so the coloring is uneven. Read more about which bread pan is the best here!
While you’re here, check out more quick bread recipes below:
- Best Zucchini Bread recipe
- Easy Lemon Quick Bread
- Yogurt Banana Bread recipe
- Dutch Apple Quick Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- Caramel Banana Nut Bread
- Best Ever Pumpkin Bread
- Lemon Buttermilk Quick Bread
- Caramel Apple Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
- Peppermint Chocolate Quick Bread
- Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
Raspberry Banana Bread is an easy and delicious bread recipe packed with amazing flavors! Try this delightful and sweet banana and raspberry bread today and see what we mean!