Sweet and salty marbled chocolate bark is a delicious treat that you are going to love! With this chocolate Ritz cracker dessert, you’ll always have the perfect treat on hand.
Salty, crunchy, soft and sweet, this Ritz cracker recipe is hard to beat. With such a unique taste and texture it’s one recipe you’ll want to pass on for generations. Bring a batch to the next family gathering, holiday party, or BBQ and watch everyone come back for more.
About this Ritz Cracker Chocolate Bark
I have loved this recipe ever since I first found it on Kraft.com, many years ago. While the original recipe used graham crackers, I found that Ritz crackers give it that something extra to make the dish truly special and unique.
There are endless variations for making this Ritz cracker dessert as well. Adding small candies like M&M’s and Reese’s pieces to the top are also great for changing things up a bit. This recipe comes together so quickly and only uses 4 ingredients! It’s the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate and great as-is.
Why Does My Chocolate Keep Seizing?
Melting white chocolate can be a little frustrating if you’ve never done it before. The reason is because white chocolate seizes easily. When chocolate seizes it actually looks like it’s not melted yet, which prompts people to return it to the microwave, which makes the whole thing worse. Stir several times after each 30-second increment in the microwave. Many times you’ll find that a good 20-30 seconds of stirring it around in the warm bowl will melt it the rest of the way! If you’ve had back luck with melting chocolate in the past, try adding a little shortening!
Can I Use a Different Type of Cracker, Like a Saltine?
Absolutely. Use any cracker variety that you wish, but if you’re going to try and make a Saltine chocolate bark, you might as well take a look at my Saltine Cracker Toffee Bark because it’s similar, but with a delicious toffee that pairs great with that type of cracker!
Sweet & Salty Marbled Chocolate Bark Ingredients
-1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-1/2 cup white chocolate chips
How to Make Sweet & Salty Marbled Chocolate Bark
In a large bowl, combine the semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
While the chocolate and the peanut butter are melting, cover a half cookie sheet with parchment paper. Open your sleeve of crackers and lay them out as evenly as possible- I like to overlap some of mine to add some height difference.
Put white chocolate chips in a separate bowl and then microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir to complete the melting.
While the white chocolate is melting, pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture over the crackers. Use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate around, covering all the crackers. This isn’t an exact science so don’t worry about spreading it to look pretty!
Once the white chocolate is melted, pour it over the chocolate crackers. I like to use lines, it helps to make the marbling effect look better.
Using a toothpick, run some lines through the white chocolate. Make sure to go back and forth over the crackers. Feel free to get a little crazy here- it’s pretty hard to mess up!
Let the pan sit in a cool place to solidify. I like to stick the pan in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process because I’m impatient!
Cut the cracker bark into pieces with a sharp knife.
SWEET & SALTY MARBLED CHOCOLATE BARK
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave on high 1.5 to 2 minutes, until mixture is melted and smooth.
- While the chocolate and peanut butter are melting, cover a half cookie sheet with parchment paper. Open your sleeve of crackers and lay them out as evenly as possible- I like to overlap some of mine to add some height difference.
- Put white chocolate chips in a separate bowl and microwave on high 1 minute. Stir to complete melting.
- While the white chocolate is melting, pour chocolate- peanut butter mixture over crackers. Use a rubber spatula to spread chocolate around, covering all the crackers. This isn't an exact science- don't worry about spreading it pretty!
- Once the white chocolate is melted, pour it over the chocolate crackers. I like to use lines, it helps to make the marbling effect look better.
- Using a toothpick, run lines through the white chocolate, back and forth over the crackers. Feel free to get a little crazy here- it's pretty hard to mess up!
- Let sit in a cool place to solidify. I like to stick the pan in the fridge or freezer, because I'm impatient!
- Cut into pieces with a sharp knife. Serve and Enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I Make Marbled Chocolate Bark Dairy Free?
You can make this recipe dairy free by choosing to use dairy free chocolates, just keep in mind that dairy free white chocolate can be rather expensive as white chocolate is mainly milk and sugar after the cocoa has been mostly removed during processing. This means that vegan white chocolate isn’t chocolate at all and the costs are very high for this substitution. A cheaper idea would be to simply switch it out for a nondairy darker chocolate variety as those are easier to find.
What Can I Do To Make This Recipe More Holiday-Specific?
Switching out the white chocolate chips for colored melting chocolate (or two) and then swirling them around could be a great way to draw in holiday-specific colors. You can even add festive holiday sprinkles! There’s a bunch of ways you can make this Ritz cracker dessert more fun and festive!
How Should I Store Marbled Chocolate Bark?
Keep your already cut pieces inside of a plastic bag at room temperature or in a Tupperware style container. You can place a layer of wax paper between the pieces to prevent sticking if you wish, although it’s not necessary unless the temperature is warm. You can also keep the bark stored in the fridge to prevent issues from warmer temperatures.
Other Sweet and Salty Treat’s You’re Going to Love!
- Cracker Toffee
- Salted Nut Roll Bars
- Peanut Clusters
- Rolo Turtle Pretzels
- Chocolate Popcorn
- Easy Pumpkin Pretzels
- Potato Chip Cookies
- Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Berry Jello Pretzel Salad
- Marshmallow Chocolate Covered Pretzels