Chocolate Covered Popcorn made with white and semi sweet chocolate, pretzels and cashews! Our easy-to-make white chocolate popcorn recipe is the perfect blend of salty & sweet.
One of my family’s favorite snacks is popcorn and this chocolate version is amazing. We love it for dessert, but it’s also a fantastic gift! Just put some in a bag with a cute bow- everyone loves it.
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn
— Popcorn kernels or plain microwave popcorn
— 1/4 cup canola, vegetable or coconut oil
— White chocolate bark
— Miniature pretzels
— Salted cashews (or another variety you enjoy!)
— Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pop the Popcorn
First, decide which way you are going to make your popcorn: in an air popper, a microwave, or on the stove. You can find directions to each below in this post.
Pop your popcorn, then remove un-popped kernels. This is an important step! Be thorough so that you don’t miss any- crunching on one unexpectedly isn’t a fun surprise! Pour the popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
Melt the white chocolate bark by microwaving it on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir gently, then microwave for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
Melt 1 cup of the semi sweet chocolate chips in a similar manner, beginning with 1 minute in the microwave.
Pour the white chocolate over popcorn and stir gently but thoroughly until the popcorn is well coated. Add in 2 cups of pretzels, the nuts and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
Spread on wax paper to cool.
Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of pretzels on top. Drizzle melted semi sweet chocolate over the top of the popcorn. Let cool until chocolate it set.
Break up into pieces and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels or 2-3 bags of microwave popcorn
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable or coconut oil*
- 1 package white chocolate bark/ coating broken into individual squares (1 lb 4 oz)
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup salted cashews or another variety you enjoy!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Pop the popcorn in whatever way you'd prefer- stovetop, air popper or microwave. REMOVE UNPOPPED KERNELS. Pour popcorn into 1 giant bowl or 2 large bowls. Salt popcorn lightly if desired.
- Microwave white chocolate bark on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir gently, then microwave for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Pour white chocolate over popcorn and stir gently but thoroughly to coat.
- Add in 2 of the 3 cups of pretzels, the nuts and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Stir to incorporate. Spread on wax paper to cool.
- Melt 1 cup of the semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave, beginning with 1 minute.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cups of pretzels on top of the cooling popcorn. Drizzle semi sweet chocolate over the top. Let cool until chocolate it set. Break up into pieces and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
What is the best way to make popcorn for Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn?
You can make popcorn in any one of the following ways:
- Microwave: I found THE BEST microwave popcorn popper EVER! It’s super easy to use…and reuse over and over again. You can definitely use store-bought microwave popcorn too. The recipe works a little better if you use a more natural popcorn that does not have a lot of salt or butter on it. The plainer the better!
- Air-popped: This is easiest if you have an air popper like this one. If you don’t have an air popper, you can use a paper lunch bag. All you have to do it place about 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in a brown paper lunch bag and fold the top over 1-2 times. Place upright in the microwave and microwave for about 3 minutes – until the gap between pops is one second long. I do it for 3 minutes and 10 seconds.
- Stove popped: Popcorn can easily be made on the stove and this is the method I prefer because I like the consistency/texture of the popcorn the best. Directions can be found below.
To make popcorn on the stove:
- Put 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil in the stovetop popcorn maker or in your stockpot. If you are using a stockpot, make sure you have a lid!
- Turn the heat on medium high and add about 6-7 “test” kernels to the pot. Put the lid on and wait for the kernels to start popping.
- As soon as the test kernels start popping, you can add the rest of the popcorn kernels. 1/8 cup of popcorn kernels will yield about 4 cups of popped popcorn, so you will want about 1/4 cup of kernels to make 8 cups of popped popcorn. I usually do a little bit extra though, it doesn’t have to be exact!
- Replace the lid and either continuously stir the handle on the stovetop popcorn maker or periodically shake your stockpot to prevent the kernels from settling in one spot and burning. As soon as the popping starts to slow down significantly, remove the pan from heat. That’s it!
You can use microwave popcorn, air-popped popcorn, or you can use my favorite stove-popped popcorn that is made with coconut oil. I haven’t used store-bought microwave popcorn in quite a while. At first it was because of the fact that I kept reading things about how it was so bad for you, but then once I started making my own popcorn, I realized how much better fresh popcorn tastes! If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s so easy and it’s so much yummier too.
Chocolate popcorn can be stored in an airtight container for several days. It’s best stored in a cool location too so that the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Love popcorn? So do we! Here are some other popcorn recipes to try!
Looking for more holiday recipes? Try these other Christmas dessert recipes:
- Cranberry Salsa Dip
- White Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes
- Spiced Ginger Cookies
- Creamy Cranberry Salad
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Gingerbread Cookie Bites
- Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
Chocolate Popcorn made with white and semi sweet chocolate, pretzels and cashews! Our easy-to-make white chocolate popcorn recipe is the perfect blend of salty & sweet.