Martha’s One Pan Pasta a light, delicious dish that satisfies and does not leave you feeling overly full. This sensational one pan pasta meal is made quickly, everything is cooked together and ready in about 20 minutes!
What I love about Martha Stewart’s one pot pasta recipe is that you place all the ingredients in one pan, boil it and it creates a delicate and savory meal. This simple pasta dish is so simple, using minimal ingredients you can make an extremely flavorful meal.
What is One Pan Pasta?
Leave it to Martha Stewart to create a fantastic tasting dish that is also incredibly easy to make too. I found this recipe as I was going through an old Martha Stewart Living magazine and thought it was too good to be true. How can you cook all these ingredients together and it turn out well? Obviously I had to give it a try, with a few minor tweaks I have decided it IS possible to be delicious and easy to make. It is a great recipe to make as a vegetarian dish or you can add meat to it for a hearty meal. Give it a try today and just how wonderful this recipe is!
Martha’s One-Pan Pasta
Linguine pasta: You will need one 12-ounce box of linguine pasta for this recipe.
Tomatoes: Using one 12-ounce package of cherry tomatoes tomatoes, cubed, will give this dish great flavor.
Onion: Adding in 1 white onion, thinly sliced, will give a strong and sharp flavor to this dish.
Garlic: For an earthy taste, add 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced. Feel free to use garlic paste or minced garlic, 4 teaspoons is roughly equal to 4 cloves.
Red pepper flakes: Use ½ teaspoon of red-pepper flakes to kick the spice up a notch in this delicious pasta dish.
Basil: You need 6 basil leaves for this dish, plus torn leaves for garnish.
Olive oil: Using 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving, gives great flavor and consistency to this pasta dish.
Salt and pepper: Adding in coarse salt and pepper, for taste, creates a simple and delicious meal.
Water: You will need 4 ½ cups of water for boiling the ingredients in.
Parmesan cheese: Grab your favorite type of parmesan cheese, you will add as much as your heart desires to the top of this pasta dish.
How to make this One Pan Pasta Dish from Martha Stewart
Start by washing the cherry tomatoes and cutting them into quarters, or half, if you like larger chunks of tomato.
Then, thinly slice the onion into small strips. You do not want minced onion, you want about 1″ long by ¼” wide strips.
If needed, chop or mince the garlic cloves. If you are using package minced garlic or paste, you can skip this step.
Proceed to add the pasta, cubed tomatoes, sliced onion, minced garlic, pepper flakes, basil leaves, olive oil, salt, pepper, and all the water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
Continue to boil, stirring and turning the pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, this should take about 9-10 minutes.
Next, season the pasta with salt and pepper to your preference. Remember, you can always add a little more once your pasta is plated.
Proceed to divide the pasta among 4 bowls and garnish with basil leaves and top with as much parmesan cheese as your heart desires.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
How can I make this a more robust meal?
While this meal is great on its own, we all know that some people do not consider it a meal unless there is meat involved. Thankfully this dish is very versatile and will pair great with many different meat options. Feel free to add sausage, shrimp, chicken, meatballs, or scallops are just a few examples of meats that would taste great added to this dish. Try just the chicken part of this recipe and add to this one pot pasta for a complete meal. Even consider serving a warm homemade French bread along side it too, that would be a great addition to this meal.
Martha’s One-Pan Pasta
- 1 12- ounce box of linguine pasta
- 1 12- ounce package of cherry tomatoes cubed
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 4 tsp cloves of garlic Feel free to use garlic paste or minced garlic, 4 teaspoons is roughly equal to 4 cloves.
- ½ tsp red-pepper flakes
- 6 basil leaves plus torn leaves for garnish.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 4 ½ cups Water
- parmesan cheese to top the pasta with
- Prep: Start by washing the cherry tomatoes and cutting them into quarters, or half if you like larger chunks of tomato.
- Then, thinly slice the onion into small strips. You do not want minced onion, you want about 1" long by 1/4" wide strips. If needed, chop or mince the garlic cloves. If you are using package minced garlic or paste, you can skip this step.
- Cook: Proceed to add the pasta, cubed tomatoes, sliced onion, minced garlic, pepper flakes, basil leaves, olive oil, salt, pepper, and all the water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Continue to boil, stirring and turning the pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, this is about 9 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, season as desired.
- Then, divide among 4 bowls and garnish with basil leaves and top with parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can you make this one pan pasta dish ahead of time?
This dish comes together so quickly, but you can make it in advance, if you would like. I recommend reheating the pasta in the microwave and then adding another tablespoon of water and sprinkling parmesan cheese on top just before serving.
How long is one pan pasta good for?
For best results, eat leftovers within 3 days. Reheat before eating and keep the leftovers stored in an airtight container in the fridge for safekeeping.
What are other ingredients I can add to this pasta?
If you want to add more vegetables to this pasta a few good options would be zucchini, squash or bell peppers. These would all be great in this dish and create really great flavor.
Love pasta meals? Try more of our other favorite dishes here!
- Chicken Chili Pasta Bake
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Spinach Chicken Pasta Salad
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Creamy Lemon Pasta with Chicken
- Mexican Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Summertime Pasta Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Pasta Caprese
- Easy Zucchini Pasta
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Fresh From the Garden Pasta Salad
Martha’s One Pan Pasta is a refreshing and satisfying dish that does not leave you feeling overly full. This easy one pan pasta meal comes together fast, all the ingredients are cooked together and you have an incredible meal ready in 20 minutes!