Honey Crackles are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. With only four simple ingredients, this cornflakes recipe creates a sweet and crunchy snack perfect for those who are short on time but still want to indulge in a tasty treat.
The combination of the sweet honey and crunchy cornflakes in this dessert cereal recipe creates a satisfying texture that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy snack to enjoy with your family or a simple treat to bring to a potluck, honey joys are the perfect choice.
What Are Honey Crackles?
These 4-Ingredient Honey Crackles are a simple and delicious treat that are sure to be loved by all. As the name suggests, they only require four ingredients to make – making them an easy and affordable snack option. The four ingredients required to make this snack are cornflakes, honey, butter, and sugar. Cornflakes are a type of cereal that is commonly used in baking. Honey is used as a natural sweetener, while butter and sugar are used to create a caramel-like coating that holds the rice bubbles together.
Overall, 4-Ingredient Honey Crackles are a tasty and simple snack that can be enjoyed by anyone. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of time, anyone can create a delicious treat that is sure to be a hit with friends and family.
Why You Will Love This Dessert Cereal Recipe
- Quick and Easy: With only four ingredients, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. You can whip up a batch in just a few minutes, making it perfect for when you need a quick treat.
- Budget-Friendly: This recipe is budget-friendly, using ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. Honey, sugar, butter, and corn flakes are all affordable ingredients that can be found at any grocery store.
- Delicious: Most importantly, this recipe is delicious! The combination of honey and butter creates a rich, sweet flavor that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. The corn flakes add a crispy texture that makes these treats irresistible.
Honey Crackles Ingredients
Cornflakes: You will need 4 cups of cornflake cereal for the crunchy base of this easy recipe.
Sugar: Use ⅓ cup of granulated sugar to help make the sticky, sweet glaze for this delicious snack.
Butter: Adding in ⅓ cup of butter or margarine will make these crackles taste nice and rich in flavor.
Honey: You will need 2 tablespoons of honey for the extra great taste to this treat.
Sprinkles (optional): This is an optional ingredient, but you can choose to garnish your treats with some fun colored sprinkles.
How to make Honey Crackles
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, prepare a muffin pan with paper liner cups and set aside.
Next, pour the cornflakes into a medium-sized bowl, set them aside.
In a medium-size saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt the sugar, butter, and honey. Stir until well combined and the sugar has fully dissolved.
After that, pour the sugar mixture over the cornflake cereal in the bowl and mix well.
Then, using a spoon, scoop the coated cereal mixture into the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with sprinkles (if desired).
Bake and Cool
Next, put the cornflakes into the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. When finished, place them into the fridge to cool or let them cool on the counter for 10-15 minutes.
Once cooled to the touch, serve, and enjoy!
Serving Suggestions for Honey Joys
When it comes to serving 4-ingredient honey crackles, there are a few options to consider. These sweet treats can be enjoyed on their own or paired with other complimentary flavors. Here are some serving suggestions to try:
With Fresh Fruit: For a refreshing twist, serve honey crackles with fresh fruit. Sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries make a great combination. The tartness of the fruit pairs well with the sweetness of the honey crackles.
With Ice Cream: For a decadent dessert, serve honey crackles with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The cold and creamy texture of the ice cream is a perfect contrast to the crunchy texture of the honey crackles.
With Tea or Coffee: Honey crackles make a great accompaniment to a hot cup of tea or coffee. The subtle sweetness of the honey pairs well with the bitterness of the coffee or tea.
As a Topping: Honey crackles can also be used as a topping for other desserts. Crushed honey crackles can be sprinkled on top of yogurt, oatmeal, or even a fruit salad for added texture and sweetness.
Overall, there are many ways to enjoy 4-ingredient honey crackles. Whether on their own or paired with other flavors, these sweet treats are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 4 cups Cornflake cereal
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 2 TBSP Honey
- Sprinkles Optional
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then, prepare a muffin pan with paper liner cups. Set aside. Next, pour cornflakes into a medium-sized bowl, set aside.
- Make syrup: In a medium size sauce pan, over medium-high heat, melt the sugar, butter, and honey until well combined and dissolved. After that, pour the sugar mixture over the cornflake cereal in the bowl and mix well.
- Then, using a spoon, place the coated cereal mixture into the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with sprinkles (if desired).
- Bake and Cool: Next, put the cornflakes into the preheated oven for 5 minutes. When finished, place them into the fridge to cool or leave on the counter for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled to the touch, serve, and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Why do my honey joys not stick together?
If your honey joys are not sticking together, it could be because you didn’t use enough butter or honey. Make sure to measure your ingredients accurately and mix them well. If your honey joys are still not sticking together, try adding more cornflakes or pressing the mixture firmly into the muffin cups.
How long can honey joys last in the fridge?
Honey joys can last up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge. However, they are best eaten within the first few days as they may become soggy over time. If you want to keep them fresh for longer, store them in the freezer for up to a month. When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw them at room temperature for a few minutes.
Storing and Shelf Life
Once the honey crackles are completely cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. It is important to keep them away from direct sunlight and moisture to maintain their crispiness.
For longer storage, these honey crackles can be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze, place them in an airtight container or a freezer bag and label with the date. When ready to eat, simply thaw them at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
It is important to note that the texture and flavor of these honey crackles may change over time, especially if they are not stored properly. Therefore, it is recommended to consume them within the recommended storage time for the best taste and texture.
Love this treat? Try some of our other favorites snacks too!
- ELF BAIT CHRISTMAS SNACK MIX
- HARVEST CHEX MIX
- CARAMEL NUT SNACK MIX
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX
- GAME DAY POPCORN SNACK MIX
- FUNFETTI CHEX MIX RECIPE
- STRAWBERRY VALENTINE CHEX MIX
- HOT CHOCOLATE SNACK MIX
- HOLIDAY BAKING: SWEET SNACK MIXES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD CHEX MIX
Honey Crackles are a delicious, crunchy snack that makes a wonderful treat for your family. With only four simple ingredients, this cornflakes recipe is simply amazing, it comes together fast and disappears just as quickly!