Honey Crackles made in minutes with just 4 ingredients: cornflakes, sugar, butter & honey! Simple recipe for a fun, tasty treat everyone enjoys!
This cornflake recipe is a fun treat that has a lovely sweet and simple taste that everyone is sure to love. Also known as honey joys, this sweet dish is made with basic ingredients, from the cornflakes to the honey, you can whip up a batch really easily.
What Are Honey Crackles?
These cornflake crackles are an easy little treat that has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. My kids devour them in a heartbeat! They became popular in Australia, to the extent that the Kellogg’s company actually included a recipe on the back of the cereal box. This treat goes by a few different names, you may have heard of them referred to as honey joys, honeysuckles, cornflake crackles, or honey jumbles, just to name a few. We call them honey crackles, it is fun to say and my kids are more likely to enjoy them when they know they are coated in sweet and delicious honey.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS EASY DESSERT RECIPE
- So easy to make. Made with only a few ingredients, this recipe is so simple to assemble. You will be enjoying a tasty treat in no time.
- Basic ingredients. This amazing and delicious recipe calls for only 5 ingredients. It will not break the bank for a quick run to the store and you may even have some of the ingredients in your kitchen already!
- Fun treat. Seriously, who doesn’t love a sweet and simple snack? This is one of those recipes that feels so special, taking a basic cereal and turning it into a delicious treat with sprinkles is just so fun!
Honey Crackles Ingredients
Cornflakes: You will need 4 cups of cornflake cereal for the crunchy base of this easy recipe.
Sugar: Use ⅓ cup of granulated sugar to help make the sticky, sweet glaze for this delicious snack.
Butter: Adding in ⅓ cup of butter or margarine will make these crackles taste nice and rich in flavor.
Honey: You will need 2 tablespoons of honey for the extra great taste to this treat.
Sprinkles: This is optional, but you can choose to garnish your treats with some fun colored sprinkles.
How to make Honey Crackles
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, prepare a muffin pan with paper liner cups and set aside.
Next, pour the cornflakes into a medium-sized bowl, set them aside.
In a medium-size saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt the sugar, butter, and honey. Stir until well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
After that, pour the sugar mixture over the cornflake cereal in the bowl and mix well.
Then, using a spoon, scoop the coated cereal mixture into the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with sprinkles (if desired).
Bake and Cool
Next, put the cornflakes into the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. When finished, place them into the fridge to cool or let them cool on the counter for 10-15 minutes.
Once cooled to the touch, serve, and enjoy!
- 4 cups Cornflake cereal
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 2 TBSP Honey
- Sprinkles Optional
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then, prepare a muffin pan with paper liner cups. Set aside. Next, pour cornflakes into a medium-sized bowl, set aside.
- Make syrup: In a medium size sauce pan, over medium-high heat, melt the sugar, butter, and honey until well combined and dissolved. After that, pour the sugar mixture over the cornflake cereal in the bowl and mix well.
- Then, using a spoon, place the coated cereal mixture into the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with sprinkles (if desired).
- Bake and Cool: Next, put the cornflakes into the preheated oven for 5 minutes. When finished, place them into the fridge to cool or leave on the counter for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled to the touch, serve, and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Why are my honey crackles falling apart?
Sometimes the issue is with the ingredients. Sugar is the main ingredient that makes the crackles stick together. If yours are not sticking together, it may be because there is more honey than sugar, which would cause them to be too soft and fall apart. Be careful to use the exact measurements and to cook them long enough so that the sugar fully dissolves.
How long to cornflake crackles last?
Honey Joys need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge so that they retain their delicious crunch, with this storage method they will be good for up to 1 week.
Can you freeze honey crackles?
As much as I love a good treat to be frozen and enjoyed later, this is not one of those recipes. This treat is meant to be made and enjoyed immediately. And they are super quick to throw together so really it is not needed.
If you love this snack mix, try some of our other favorites snacks too!
- ELF BAIT CHRISTMAS SNACK MIX
- HARVEST CHEX MIX
- CARAMEL NUT SNACK MIX
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX
- GAME DAY POPCORN SNACK MIX
- FUNFETTI CHEX MIX RECIPE
- STRAWBERRY VALENTINE CHEX MIX
- HOT CHOCOLATE SNACK MIX
- HOLIDAY BAKING: SWEET SNACK MIXES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD CHEX MIX
Honey Crackles a delicious, crunchy snack that makes a wonderful treat for your family. This easy snack recipe is simply amazing, it comes together fast and disappears just as quickly!
Cranberry Morning says
What a fun little treat! I can imagine that the kids love them. We always had a few chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins in a baking cup like that. My mom called them 'treat cups.' 🙂
Diana - FreeStyleMama says
Looks really yummy! I am sure my daughter would love that; thanks for sharing at Nap-time creations. Gosia @www.kiddiefoodies.com
Julia Kendrick says
What a fun idea! Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to make them and I pinned them! Julia @ http://www.juliakendrick.com
Emily Thompson says
yummy! I love cornflakes! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays! love it! Really appreciate you stopping by my blog! I’m trying to keep in better touch with my linkers/readers… If you already follow me, please let me know I will find your blog on Bloglovin (I’m transferring my follows there)if you don’t follow in any way, would you consider following via GFC or other method?<br />http://
We call these honey joys in Australia and they're an awesome party treat (although I've never seen them with sprinkles – looks cute & colourful)
Andrea Reed says
My daughter will love these! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Your Home Based Mom :)<br /><br />RamblingReed.blogspot.com<br />
Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says
I LOVE sweet treats made with cereal. These look fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.