Italian Cream Soda Recipe is simply made using sweet syrups, cream and club soda. This homemade cream soda is a delicious and festive drink for any special occasion!
Making this Italian Soda with cream is so simple and easy, you only need 4 ingredients! This Italian cream soda is an incredible treat to serve at a party of family event, it feels fancy yet is so easy to make at home!
Homemade Cream Soda
Italian cream soda is a family favorite at our house, it is requested often and I am happy to oblige. We keep syrups on hand and my kids get so excited when we pull them out to make these tasty treats. There are several brands of syrup that work great for this recipe, it is also a lot easier to find the syrups these days than it used to be! Your grocery store will likely have at least a few flavors in the coffee section as well as the mixed drink section. Home goods stores also tend to carry several flavors in their gourmet kitchen items sections and of course you can also find them for a great price on Amazon.
Why we think you should try this amazing recipe!
If you are not already convinced to try these delicious homemade cream soda’s, here are a few reason why we think you should.
- SO Easy! These drinks come together so fast, they can be made on a whim if you have the ingredients readily available. From thought to fruition you can have this yummy drink ready in under 5 minutes!
- Only 4 required ingredients. What is better than a delicious treat than one that has very few ingredients? This drink is a great recipe to whip up when you have an unexpected guest that you want to impress.
- Beautiful and delicious. I mean come on, look at how pretty these drinks are? They make for a great party treat, they feel so fancy but are made easily in your own kitchen! They taste amazing and are so attractive too!
Ingredients you need to make Italian Cream Sodas
This is measurements for ONE drink, make them by the glass.
-Ice cubes: You will want to put 3-4 ice cubes in each glass to make this drink nice and chilled.
-Sweetened Syrups: You will need 3 tbsp of your chosen flavor of sweetened syrup. The favorite flavors in my house are raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, kiwi and grape.
-Club soda: Using 1/2 cup of Club Soda will be perfect to create a delicious drink.
-Half & Half: Adding in 1 tbsp of half and half will create the perfect creamy consistency for this drink.
-Whipped cream and cherries: If you want to kick this drink up a notch, grab some whipped cream and cherries for topping the drinks.
-Paper straws: For added flare, grab some fun festive straws to really complete this incredible drink!
How to make Italian Cream Sodas
To make these amazing Homemade Italian Cream Sodas, you will first add ice to each of your glasses.
Then, measure out about 1/2 cup Club Soda and pour into each glass.
Next, add the 3 TBSP of sweetened syrup and pour over the club soda. You are welcome to mix flavors as well! Raspberry and Vanilla syrups mix well, as do Strawberry and Kiwi. Make sure to split the measurements between each flavor added, do not add 3 tbsp of EACH flavor.
After that, add 1 TBSP of Half & Half to the soda/syrup mixture. Let the half & half float to the bottom, do not mix at this time.
If desired, top each glass with some whipped cream and a cherry, as well as a cute straw for added appeal.
Italian Cream Sodas are fun to look at with the swirls of syrup and cream, but I do encourage everyone to give it a little stir before drinking so that all the flavors blend together and create a fabulous taste.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Best time to serve Italian Cream Soda’s
Italian Cream Sodas are such a fancy (but expensive!) treat I like to splurge on when I go out to eat sometimes. Now I just make them at home since it’s so much cheaper and just as delicious! I love making these drinks for holidays or special occasions. Making them in the summer is great to cool off family or guests, doing a red, white and blue theme is especially great for 4th of July. They can also be made to match a baby or wedding shower color scheme, choose a flavor and color to match any party actually! My family also loves enjoying these on New Year’s Eve, we like to get a little fancy with our celebration and these are a perfect addition to our holiday table!
Italian Cream Soda Recipe
- ½ cup Club Soda
- 3 TBSP Torani Sweetend Syrup
- 1 TBSP Half & Half
- 3-4 ice cubes
- whipped cream and a cherry for the top if desired
- Add ice to glasses.
- Then, measure out about 1/2 cup Club Soda and pour into each glass.
- Next, add the 3 TBSP of sweetened syrup and pour over the club soda. You are welcome to mix flavors as well! Raspberry and Vanilla syrups mix well, as do Strawberry and Kiwi. Make sure to split the measurements between each flavor added, do not add 3 tbsp of EACH flavor.
- After that, add 1 TBSP of Half & Half to the soda/syrup mixture. Let the half & half float to the bottom, do not mix at this time.
- If desired, top each glass with some whipped cream and a cherry, as well as a cute straw for added appeal.
- Italian Cream Sodas are fun to look at with the swirls of syrup and cream,but I do encourage everyone to give it a little stir before drinking so that all the flavors blend together and create a fabulous taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long will cream sodas last?
These drinks are intended to be made and enjoyed immediately to maximize their appeal and flavor. If you wanted to make a large batch ahead of time you can, but I highly suggest serving within a couple hours.
What are other flavor options for cream sodas?
I love a good fruity flavor for my Italian Cream Soda’s, some of the popular options are watermelon, cherry, strawberry, coconut, or pineapple. You can also combine flavors and exprirment with some fruity combinations, or add vanilla to a fruit flavor and create a new favorite flavor.
How do you avoid curdling in cream sodas?
To postpone the curding in a homemade cream soda is to add the syrup first, then club soda, icecubes and then pour the cream over the top. Then you gently stir the drink to mix before drinking.
Check out some of our other favorite recipes!
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Dutch Apple Bread
- Easy 15-Minute Donuts (3 recipes!)
Italian Cream Soda is made using a few simple ingredients. This homemade cream soda is a delicious drink perfect for many occasions!
Great summary! I like the cherry as the final topping, I hadn’t thought of adding it but it makes perfect sense.
And of course an ‘adult’ version can be made by adding a liquor (or liqueur) of choice 🙂
Thanks for sharing!
No problem- hope you like them Chip!
Hi there! I’m having trouble with my half and half curdling. What am I doing wrong?? Help!
Is your half&half really cold? Sometimes this starts happening to me if I’m making a bunch and have the container sitting out on the counter for a while. Also, if you’re using a citrus flavor of syrup, the cream will likely curdle. Add it last and add a bit less and that should help!
Rodolfo Riveroll says
what ingredient would be a replacement for half and half; don’t have half and half in this part of the world..Belize (at least- not readily available if you leave in a remote area)
I would just use cream mixed with milk (half cream/half milk) – that’s essentially what half and half is. Good luck!
i will make it.sounds good sounds good for me to eat