Halloween Donut Hole Cake Pops are so festive and made in just minutes! These no-bake Halloween treats are simple to make and taste absolutely incredible too!
If you are looking for a fun and festive treat for your next Halloween event, look no further than these Halloween cake pops. Donut holes covered in chocolate & sprinkles for a simple, no-bake festive treat great for parties! For all the creepy and spooky holiday lovers out there, these cake pops for Halloween is a prefect recipe for you!
Simple Halloween Donut Pops
I know I am not alone when it comes to being super excited for Halloween. It is the start of the holiday season, the weather is turning cool and the Fall decorations come out. It is also a busy season for many families, lots of events to go to, whether at school or with our families. Which means I like to make my baking recipes as simple as possible and this recipe delivers! By using prepared donut holes it cuts a lot of time and effort out. Dipping donuts in chocolate and sprinkles takes this much loved breakfast treat up a notch and is a great dessert to take to your next Halloween event.
Why we think you will adore these easy donut cake pops
If you aren’t already writing down the ingredients for this recipe, here are a few reasons to convince you to do so.
- Simple ingredients. You do not need much to make this recipe. In fact, the main ingredient is already made for you. With only 4 ingredients, gathering what you need to make these donut pops is so easy.
- Festive and fun. If you need a fun Halloween treat to take to a party, this is a perfect one! Who doesn’t love donuts and chocolate? And decorated with festive Halloween sprinkles makes this a fun treat everyone in your life will enjoy.
- Fast and portable treat. These fun donut cake pops come together quickly, to make one dozen you only need about 30 minutes of your time. And to eat them, even less time, grab a stick and munch as you go!
Donut Hole Cake Pop Ingredients
Donut holes: For this fun and festive treat, you need 12 donut holes. Dunkin Donut munchkins are perfect, but you can get any brand you like or from a local donut shop.
Milk Chocolate wafers: You will need 1 5-ounce package of milk chocolate melting wafers to coat the donuts well.
White chocolate wafers: For more amazing chocolatey goodness, you need 1 5-ounce package of white chocolate melting wafers.
Assorted Halloween sprinkles: Grab a couple or few different Halloween themed sprinkles from your local grocery store, having a few to choose from makes eating these extra fun. Check out this option on Amazon, spooktacular!
Cake pop sticks: Cake pop sticks can be found at Michaels or on Amazon here.
Cake pop stand(s) (if desired): If you want to invest in a cake pop stand, here is a fun one on Amazon. But you do not have to have one, you can use paper cupcake liners or serve in small paper cups even.
How to make Festive Halloween Donut Cake Pops
Start by placing each donut hole on its own cake pop stick, set them aside on parchment paper.
Then, pour the different Halloween sprinkles in separate small bowls, for rolling the cake pops in, set those aside.
In two small bowls, melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate wafers for 1 minute, following up with 30 second increments, as needed. Be sure to go slowly and do not overheat the chocolate as it will burn quickly. I like to let the chocolate sit for 1-2 minutes after each heating, then stir gently to test how melted they are. Generally, they do not take longer than 1:30 to melt completely.
Working quickly, dip each donut hole in the chocolate of choice. Immediately roll in the desired sprinkles, covering the chocolate completely. Place the cake pop in a slot on the cake pop stand, or lay on parchment paper, allow the chocolate to harden and set for 10 minutes.
Proceed to repeat with the remaining donut holes until they are all coated with chocolate and sprinkles.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips for making Donut Hole Cake Pops
Here are just a couple quick helpful tips for making this delicious treat.
- When you are rolling the donut hole in the melted chocolate and sprinkles, you may need a small spoon to help rotate the donut until it is completely covered.
- If you do not have a cake pop stand, the donut holes can be placed in mini cupcake papers for serving after the chocolate has hardened or lay flat on a platter.
Halloween Donut Hole Cake Pops
- 12 donut holes munchkins
- 5 oz chocolate melting wafers
- 5 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- Assorted Halloween sprinkles
- Place each donut on its own cake pop stick. Set aside.
- Arrange sprinkles in small bowls for rolling the cake pops in, set aside.
- In two small bowls, melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate wafers for 1 minute, following up with 30 second increments, as needed. Go slowly and do not overheat the chocolate as it will scorch. I like to let the chocolate sit for 1-2 minutes after each heating, then stir gently to test how melted they are. Generally, they don’t take longer than 1:30.
- Working quickly, dip each donut hole in the chocolate of choice. Immediately roll in sprinkles, covering the chocolate completely. Place the cake pop in a slot on the cake pop stand, allow chocolate to harden for 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining donut holes. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
HOW LONG WILL DONUT CAKE POPS LAST?
Cake pops can last in a sealed container, in the fridge, for up to 2 days. For that reason, I recommend making them closer to the party date, or when you will be eating them, so that they taste incredible.
CAN DONUT CAKE POPS BE FROZEN?
Yes! These donut pops can do pretty well in the freezer if you freeze in an airtight container for up to a few weeks. Simply thaw before eating, or enjoy cold. The best way to thaw chocolate coated treats is by defrosting them in the fridge. It keeps the chocolate coating cool but the donut will defrost and be soft enough to eat.
Try more fun and delicious Halloween treats here!
- PURPLE AND ORANGE HALLOWEEN SHEET CAKE
- HALLOWEEN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE PIZZA
- CUTE & CREEPY HALLOWEEN TREATS
- HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
- HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- HALLOWEEN SPRINKLE COOKIES
- HALLOWEEN CANDY CORN GRANOLA BARS
- HALLOWEEN CREAM SODAS
- HALLOWEEN PRETZELS THREE WAYS
- FUNFETTI HALLOWEEN COOKIES
Halloween Donut Hole Cake Pops are so fun and made in only a few minutes! These no-bake Halloween treats are easy to make and taste so amazing too!