Oreo Pizza is made with chocolate chip cookie dough, baked & topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting & chopped Oreo cookies! Perfect dessert for Oreo cookie lovers!
This cookie pizza is fantastic for parties and sharing with family or friends. It is so simple to make too. This chocolate chip cookie pizza is fun for the whole family, get the kids involved to help with the process.
Frosted Cookie Pizza
This frosted cookie dessert pizza is a delectable treat you and the whole family will absolutely adore. It has a chocolate chip cookie crust, smothered with a smooth cream cheese frosting, and topped with tasty Oreos bits. Making this tasty treat is so easy too, there are minimal ingredients and light prep work, it comes together fast and is devoured just as quick. This dessert pizza is a sensational recipe to make when you are entertaining, you can cut it into slices and everyone can grab a slice to enjoy!
Why we think you should try this dessert pizza
Here are a few more reasons why we think you will love this yummy treat and should make it soon.
- Pizza cookie. Two of the best words ever, how can this not be a great recipe? This dessert is a wonderful combination of a sweet and chewy cookie with crunchy cookie bits. It is always a huge hit at any party or gathering, just watch how fast it disappears.
- Easy to serve. I love an easy dessert that looks fancy but is simple to serve. To be able to slice and everyone takes a piece, makes it a go to recipe for any event.
- Versatile recipe. This cookie recipe is so amazing because each time you make it a new creation is born. You can swap up the cookie bits based on what you have on hand, or even add little candy pieces too. Have fun experimenting with toppings!
Frosted Oreo Pizza Ingredients
Chocolate chip cookie dough: You will need  16.5 oz package of chocolate chip cookie dough, I used Pillsbury Chocolate chunk. Using a store bought dough cuts down on prep time.
Butter: Adding ¼ cup of butter (half a stick unsalted) gives the pizza frosting a lovely rich taste.
Cream cheese: Use 4 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature) to create a smooth frosting.
Powder sugar: You need ¼ cup of powder sugar to give the icing a nice sweet taste.
Vanilla extract: To enhance the flavor of the topping, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Salt: Adding in just a pinch of salt will balance the flavors so well.
Oreo cookies: For the amazing pizza topping you need 1 ½ cups of chopped Oreo Cookies, this is about 12 standard size Oreos.
How to make Oreo Pizza
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, press the premade cookie dough into a 12″ tart or pizza pan. Bake it for 12-15 until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Make Frosting & Set Aside
Prepare the cream cheese frosting by mixing the cream cheese (room temperature) and butter until it is light and fluffy. This takes about 1-2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
Then, add the powder sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Start mixing on low speed and then adjust to medium-high and beat until smooth and combined.
Putting it all together
After the cookie pizza crust has cooled, add some of the cream cheese frosting to the center and spread it out evenly using an offset spatula. Continue to add the frosting until you have a nice even layer. B sure to leave a 1-inch border around the edge to give it more of a pizza look.
Next, chop the Oreo cookies into small pieces, then sprinkle them over the cream cheese frosting and cover the entire pizza surface.
Place the cookie pizza in the refrigerator and let chill for 10 minutes, then slice with a pizza cutter into 8 equal pieces or 16 if you want smaller slices! Serve and enjoy!
How do you Soften Cream cheese?
Here in the US, cream cheese comes in an 8-oz brick wrapped in foil packaging. Most recipes call for softened cream cheese, which can be done in a few different ways:
- Microwave it! Just 20 seconds or so in the microwave will sufficiently soften cream cheese. Be sure to remove the foil packaging first and to place the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
- Hot towel wrap! This is what I tend to do most often. All you do is get a clean kitchen rag, get it soaking wet with hot water, then ring it out quickly and wrap the hot towel around the foil package of cream cheese. It takes just a few minutes and it’s softened!
- Let it sit out! If you can plan ahead, the absolute easiest way to soften cream cheese is just to let it sit on the counter for an hour or two. Easy!
- 16.5 oz chocolate chip cookie dough I used Pillsbury Chocolate chunk.
Frosting & Topping
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped Oreo cookies about 12 standard size Oreos
- Prep: Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, press the premade cookie dough into a 12 tart or pizza pan. Bake it for 12-15 until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Frosting: Prepare the cream cheese frosting by mixing the cream cheese (room temperature) and butter until it is light and fluffy. This takes about 1-2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Then, add the powder sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Start mixing on low speed and then adjust to medium-high and beat until smooth and combined.
- Assembly: After the cookie pizza crust has cooled, add some of the cream cheese frosting to the center and spread it out evenly using an offset spatula. Continue to add the frosting until you have a nice even layer. B sure to leave a 1-inch border around the edge to give it more of a pizza look.
- Next, chop the Oreo cookies into small pieces, then sprinkle them over the cream cheese frosting and cover the entire pizza surface.
- Place the cookie pizza in the refrigerator and let chill for 10 minutes, then slice with a pizza cutter into 8 equal pieces or 16 if you want smaller slices! Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How do you store dessert pizza?
Because this cookie pizza is topped with a cream cheese frosting, it does need to be refrigerated and in an airtight container. It is best when served the same day it is made, but when we have had left overs they are just as delicious the next day.
Can I freeze this frosted cookie pizza?
Both yes and no. You can freeze the actual cookie itself, hold off on the frosting and the cookie topping until you are ready to enjoy. The cookie will freeze well and be good for up to three months. When you are ready to create the pizza cookie, then prepare your frosting and cookie crumbles.
Can I use other toppings for my dessert pizza?
This pizza cookie can be so fun to experiment with. Feel free use another type of cookie crumble, whatever you have in your kitchen or your families favorite cookie. You could go another direction with mini chocolate chips and chopped walnuts! Or you can even add your favorite candy pieces instead of cookie crumbles, Reece’s Pieces would be amazing on top of this dessert pizza. This is the great thing about this recipe, you can create your out pizza as you see fit!
If you loved this dessert pizza, try some of our other favorites here!
- Easy Fruit Pizza
- Lemon Raspberry Fruit Pizza
- Glazed Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Halloween Peanut Butter Pizza
- Cookie Pizza
- Breakfast Pancake Pizza
Oreo Pizza is a easy to make recipe, loaded with great flavor, and one that is a chocolate lovers dream come true. This Oreo dessert pizza is created with a store bought chocolate cookie dough and topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting and chopped Oreos.