Simple recipe for Easy Lemon Mousse made with just 5 ingredients in 5 minutes! Rich, creamy and perfectly tart lemon mousse is the perfect Spring dessert!
This lemon mousse recipe is a creamy, sensational treat and every spoonful tastes better than the last. Make the best mousse to create a lovely dessert that is prefect for the warm Spring and Summer months.
What is Lemon Mousse?
This amazing dish is typically a sweet treat that has the consistency of thick cream with a foam-like element. It’s most often a chilled dessert, sometimes even served frozen. If you are looking for an easy dessert that looks and sounds fancy, this is it! This Lemon mousse is a great dessert for many occasions, multiple servings can be made to feed a crowd.
With this easy chilled dessert on hand, you can always have a luxurious dessert ready to impress your guests. Of course, you can enjoy it casually or as a nice dessert after a fancy dinner, the choice is up to you. Either way, grab a spoon and dig in because you will not want to wait too long!
Why you’ll love this simple lemon mousse recipe
- Only 5 ingredients! I don’t think a recipe can get much easier than this. You might even have some of the ingredients already in your kitchen right now too! There are no eggs or gelatin, you can make this treat with very little effort.
- Simple and delicious. When you are looking for an easy and tasty recipe to serve to guests or your family, look no further. This is so easy and looks like a fancy dish that is sure to impress!
- Amazing texture. A great mousse is light and fluffy, this one is exactly that! The simple ingredients combined together create a creamy and light treat that does not disappoint.
Ingredients for Homemade Lemon Mousse
Cream cheese: You need one 4-oz block of cream cheese, softened, to thicken the mousse and give it a richer flavor.
Sugar: Adding in ½ cup of granulated sugar will help make this mousse perfectly sweet.
Lemon curd: Use ½ cup of lemon curd to give the mousse great flavor.
Whipping cream: You will need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream as the base of the mousse.
Vanilla extract: Add ½ tsp of vanilla extract to flavor the whipped cream nicely.
Yellow food coloring (optional): If desired, add in a couple drops of yellow food coloring to brighten the color of yellow in this delicious dessert.
How to make the Easiest Lemon Mousse
Using an electric mixer, combine and mix the cream cheese and sugar. Then, add in the lemon curd and mix again until everything is evenly incorporated. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract, mix on high for 4-5 minutes, until stiff peaks form. You want the whipped cream to stand straight up with the beaters are lifted and the tips don’t curl down.
Proceed to transfer the lemon cream cheese mixture to whipped cream and mix until well combined. You can add in 1-2 drops of yellow food color, if you’d like to intensify the yellow color.
Continue to scoop the lemon mousse to a piping bag and pipe into parfait cups or serving bowls. Top with fresh berries, serve and enjoy!
Easy Lemon Mousse
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lemon curd
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring if desired
- Lemon mixture: Using an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese and sugar. Add in the lemon curd and mix again until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Whipped cream: Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla to a clean stand mixer bowl and mix on high for 4-5 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Combine: Transfer cream cheese mixture to whipped cream and mix until well combined. You can add in 1-2 drops of yellow food color, if you'd like to intensify the yellow color.
- Transfer the lemon mousse to a piping bag and pipe into parfait cups or serving bowls. Top with fresh berries, serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
WHY DIDN’T MY HEAVY CREAM THICKEN?
The number one reason for heavy cream not thickening would be if it was not cold enough when you used it. You want heavy cream to be kept chilled in the refrigerator before using.
If you think of it beforehand, put the bowl you are going to mix the whipped cream in, in the freezer for 20-30 minutes ahead of time. If you use a chilled bowl, with chilled whipping cream, you are guaranteed to have amazing results.
WHAT ARE STIFF PEAKS?
Stiff peaks is the term given to ingredients like whipped cream or egg whites after they have been beaten and had so much air incorporated into them that they turn solid and stable enough to stand on their own. If you lift an electric mixer beater straight up and out of the mix, there should be little mountains at the end of the beaters that hold out straight and do not bend downward. To bend downward is a soft peak, and to continue beating for another minute or so will give you stiff peaks.
HOW LONG IS MOUSSE GOOD FOR?
This lemon mousse, if there are leftovers, should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and can last about 3-5 days. For best results, we do suggest eating this dish within a day or two for maximum flavor and texture.
CAN I FREEZE HOMEMADE LEMON MOUSSE?
Yes, mousse can be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container. When you are ready to enjoy it, do not attempt to heat it in any way. Transfer it to the fridge and let it thaw in the fridge until you can spoon it out to serve.
Loved this no-bake treat? Try more amazing recipes here:
- NO BAKE ECLAIR CAKE
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- NO BAKE CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKES
- BEST, EASY NO BAKE DESSERTS
- NO BAKE APPLE BARS
- NO BAKE KOOL AID PIE
- NO BAKE BLACKBERRY CHEESECAKE
- NO-BAKE CHERRY LUSH DESSERT
- NO BAKE STRAWBERRY JELLO PIE
- NO BAKE PEACHES AND CREAM PIE
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BARS
- NO BAKE OREO CAKE
- NO BAKE MARSHMALLOW PUMPKIN PIE
- NO BAKE MINI LEMON CHEESECAKES
This Easy Lemon Mousse is made using only 5 ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes! Make this creamy and tart lemon mousse as a great addition to any dessert table.