Easter Egg Nests are an easy and festive dessert that makes a cute addition to any holiday table. These chow mein noodle chocolate treats are so simple to make, your kids can get in on the fun and help too!
Making this chocolate Easter egg nest recipe is easy, with only 5 ingredients you can be on your way to enjoying these tasty treats in no time. Get into the holiday spirt by creating and sharing these adorable Easter chocolate egg nests with your family and friends.
Easter Egg Nests
These adorable chocolatey egg nests look like spring and taste so incredible. The fun thing about these little treats is that you can get creative and change them up according to your preference. You could mix the chow mein noodles with milk chocolate if you wanted to do a brown nest or maybe do both brown and green. Also, you can even drizzle some chocolate over the top, use different colored eggs, or even different egg candies. Just have fun with it and try not to eat too many at once…(Ha! Good luck with that!)
Why we think you will adore these festive Easter treats
If you are not already convinced to give this recipe a try, here are a few more reasons to convince you.
- Festive and pretty. These little treats are such a fun way to celebrate the Easter holiday. They taste amazing but most importantly they are fun to make and are a great addition to any holiday dessert table. Get the family involved and enjoy time together creating these chocolate nests.
- Simple steps. These little chocolate nests do not take long to make at all, from start to finish you will need about 30 minutes of your time. And most of that is the cooling time!
- Only 5 ingredients. To create these fun Easter treats, you will only need 5 simple ingredients. That means the trip to the store will be inexpensive and quick! That is a win in my book!
Easter Egg Nest Ingredients
White chocolate chips: To form the shape of the nest, you will need 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
Chow mein noodles: For the crunchy base of the nest, use 1 cup of chow mein noodles. You can find these on Amazon or in any local grocery store as well.
Marshmallows: Adding in ½ cup of mini marshmallows will give these little treats amazing texture and flavor.
Food coloring: Using green food coloring will create a fun and festive next color.
Egg candies: Add in mini chocolate Easter Egg candies for the perfect topping to these Easter Egg Nest treats.
Step by step on how to make Festive Easter Egg Nests
Start by melting the white chocolate chips in a glass bowl, microwaving for 1 minute 30 seconds. Let the chocolate sit for 1 minute, then add the green food coloring and stir gently until smooth. Start with 2-3 drops of food coloring, add more to achieve the desired shade of green.
Once the chocolate is fully melted, add in chow mein noodles and stir until they are fully coated.
Proceed to add in the mini marshmallows and stir once again.
Continue to drop by the spoonful’s onto wax or parchment paper.
Next, take the candy Easter eggs and set 3-4 on top of the mixture, pushing down until a small indentation is made in the top of the “nest.” Repeat until all chocolate mixture is made into nests. This should make about 8-10 nests.
Let the nests cool for 15-20 minutes to harden and set.
Serve and enjoy!
EASTER EGG NESTS
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crunchy chow mein noodles
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- green food coloring
- mini chocolate Easter Egg candies
- Start by melting the white chocolate chips in a glass bowl, microwaving for 1 minute 30 seconds. Let the chocolate sit for 1 minute, then add the green food coloring and stir gently until smooth. Start with 2-3 drops of food coloring, add more to achieve the desired shade of green.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, add in chow mein noodles and stir until they are fully coated. Proceed to add in the mini marshmallows and stir once again. Continue to drop by the spoonful's onto wax or parchment paper.
- Next, take the candy Easter eggs and set 3-4 on top of the mixture, pushing down until a small indentation is made in the top of the "nest." Repeat until all chocolate mixture is made into nests. This should make about 8-10 nests. Let the nests cool for 15-20 minutes to harden and set. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW LONG ARE EASTER EGG NESTS GOOD FOR?
The great thing about these chocolate Easter eggs is they will be good for more than a few days. If you store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator they should be good for 7-10 days.
Can you freeze Easter Egg Nests?
You can, if you want to. They should be frozen in an airtight container and will last up to 3 months. Be sure to put a sheet of parchment or wax paper between the layers to prevent them from sticking to each other. However, these treats are so simple and quick to make, they really are best when served freshly made.
How to melt chocolate
Place a medium-sized saucepan over the stove and fill it with 1-2 inches of water at the bottom. Bring the water to a boil. Add a medium or large-sized glass bowl to the top. It should be able to nestle inside for stability, but the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. Add your chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted before removing it from heat.
Alternatively, you can use the microwave method. Add your chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each until smooth.
Take a look at our other favorite Easter treats you will love!
- Cadbury Mini Eggs Brownie Bars
- Easy Easter Marshmallow Bark
- Homemade Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs
- Easy Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- Little Lemon Drops
- Jumbo Lemon Easter Cookies
- EASTER PEEPS KRISPIE TREATS
- EASTER HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
- BEST CHERRY FLUFF
- EASTER BUNNY KITKAT CAKE
- CHOCOLATE NEST EASTER COOKIES
- BROWN BUTTER CARROT CAKE
- MINI PAVLOVA RECIPE
- ORANGE CREAM FRUIT SALAD
Easter Egg Nests are a simple and creative treat that makes an adorable addition to any holiday table. These chow mein noodle chocolate treats are so easy to make, your kids can get in on the fun and help!
Paula Peek says
How long can I store the Easter egg nests?
They can safely store for up to a week in a cool, dry place in an closed container. 🙂