Cookies and Cream Salad made with Oreos and pudding for a delicious dessert or side dish that everyone loves. Only 4 ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to make!
I know. You can’t really call a dessert salad and have it actually be a salad. I know there isn’t anything green or healthy about this recipe, but we still call it salad at my house.
We happen to label a lot of dessert type recipes as salads – Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad, Snickers Apple Salad, Peaches and Cream Salad, Orange Cream Fruit Salad…yep, they are all delicious! And I know many of you think so too since they are some of our most popular recipes!
What is Cookies and Cream Salad?
Cookies and Cream Salad is a sweet side dish made with pudding, buttermilk, whipped topping and Oreos. Definitely more of a dessert than a side dish, but we definitely serve it with the main meal every once in a while at my house.
Ingredients in Cookies and Cream Salad
1 large box (5.1 oz) vanilla instant pudding
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
12 oz Cool Whip, thawed
18-20 crushed Oreos
How to make Cookies and Cream Salad
Mix buttermilk and pudding mix together until smooth. Can serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Stir in Cool Whip and Oreos right before serving.
- 1 large box 5.1 oz vanilla instant pudding
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 12 oz Cool Whip thawed
- 18-20 crushed Oreos
- Mix buttermilk and pudding mix together until smooth. Can serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Stir in Cool Whip and Oreos right before serving.
CAN YOU REPLACE THE COOL WHIP IN COOKIES AND CREAM SALAD?
If you can’t find Cool Whip where you live or you prefer not to use it in recipes, you can use stabilized whipped cream instead. If you just use regular whipped cream, the consistency will be too light and the cream will not hold up very well when mixed into the jello salad. It’s very simple to make your own stabilized whipped cream and it just takes a few minutes!
How to make stabilized whipped cream
To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks are formed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster. Use a metal bowl for whipping the cream and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER POPULAR SALAD RECIPES:
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
- Fancy Fruit Salad
- Berry Jello Salad recipe
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cranberry Jello Salad
- Tropical Jello Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Orange Fruit Salad
- Berries and Cream Salad
- Cream Cheese Grape Salad
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe
- Garden Vegetable Caprese Salad
- Spinach Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
What else can I add to Cookies and Cream salad?
I think the recipe is great with just Oreos, but you can add some chopped cherries or even some fresh strawberries or raspberries if you want to add some color and flavor!
More delicious recipes made with Oreo cookies
- Skinny Oreo Milkshakes
- Best Oreo Balls
- Oreo Popcorn
- Layered Oreo Pudding Dessert
- No Bake Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- No Bake Oreo Cake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Oreo Balls
- Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Cookies & Cream Brownies
- Cookies & Cream Cookies
Cookies and Cream Salad made with Oreos and pudding for a delicious dessert or side dish that everyone loves! Only 4 ingredients and about 5 minutes to make.