Easy OREO Popcorn is a dessert popcorn made in minutes with just 3 ingredients! Popcorn, white chocolate & Oreos combine for an amazing cookies & cream treat! It’s a must-have dessert for Oreo lovers!
Popcorn is such a quick and easy snack or dessert, depending on how you want to flavor it! This time around, we are going all out, Oreo lover! Of course, this Cookies and Cream Popcorn is right up there with all of my other delicious flavored popcorn recipes.
Flavored popcorn is a perfect potluck dessert- it is very cost effective, feeds a crowd, and is so simple to make. Once you start making flavored popcorn recipes, you are not going to want to stop!
Ingredients in OREO Popcorn
-Popcorn: Air popped popcorn is the best kind to use while making flavored popcorn recipes because it is straight up, unapologetic unbuttered popcorn. You’ll want unbuttered popcorn so the chocolate sticks to the popcorn and doesn’t just slide off. If you don’t have an air popper on hand- look for a microwave bag of the all natural, unbuttered popcorn.
-Oreos: We will want both Oreo crumbs and broken up whole cookies, so grab an entire package while you are at the store.
-White Chocolate: You can use white almond bark if you’d like, but white chocolate chips work just as well.
How to make Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Making Oreo popcorn is a really easy and simple process.
First, we will start with popped, unbuttered popcorn. Remove any un-popped kernels.
Next, cover the popcorn in melted white chocolate before tossing Oreo crumbs all over the chocolate covered popcorn.
Lastly, lay the popcorn out on some parchment paper, add some Oreo cookie pieces and then drizzle everything with white chocolate.
Allow for the white chocolate to harden before breaking into pieces and serving.
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup oreo cookie crumbs
- 10 oreos broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips divided
- Pop and measure the popped popcorn into a large bowl, removing any unpopped kernels. Place about 15 Oreo cookies in a quart sized bag and smash using a jar, the flat side of a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup of the white chocolate for about 1 minute 15 seconds. Let chocolate sit for 2 minutes, then gently stir. If it's not completely melted yet, return to the microwave in 15 second intervals, letting it sit for 1-2 minutes in between. Go slow- you don't want to seize your chocolate!
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn and stir to evenly coat the popcorn in chocolate.
- Grab the bag of crushed Oreos and, holding the bag closed most of the way, sprinkle the oreo cookie crumbs & smallest pieces over the popcorn. Gently stir until the popcorn is coated in cookie crumbs.
- Spread the popcorn out onto parchment paper and sprinkle with remaining Oreo pieces.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and then drizzle over the top of the popcorn.
- Allow the chocolate to set up before serving.
How to easily remove un-popped Popcorn Kernels
My favorite way to do this is to pour your popped popcorn onto a cookie cooling rack. All of the big, popped popcorn will stay on top while all of the kernels will fall through the holes.
Just set your cookie cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet to catch all of the extra kernels. There is nothing worse than finding a hard kernel in your popcorn!
How to store dessert Popcorns
Storage is something that is so important when it comes to popcorn. If it is left in a bowl, uncovered, the popcorn will quickly become stale. Which we do not want! Don’t just leave it in a bowl! The best way to store your popcorn and keep it fresh is by putting it into large zip-top bags and removing as much air as possible from the top.
Check out these other delicious popcorn recipes!
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Pretty in Pink Popcorn
- Peppermint Popcorn
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
- Snickers Popcorn
- Caramel Popcorn Cake
- Game Day Popcorn Snack Mix
- Chocolate Popcorn
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
- Halloween Popcorn
- Snickers Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Stovetop Popcorn
- Better Than Caramel Popcorn
- Pumpkin Spice Marshmallow Popcorn Treats
- Easy Homemade Caramel Popcorn
You’re going to love this simple and easy to make Oreo popcorn recipe. It’s so delicious and packed with Oreo cookie crumbs and white chocolate making every bite tasty!
Looks so good! My family would love this.
Pamela Hagendoorn says
I have made this twice for our Tuesday night bingo group. They love it. It is easy to make.
How fun! Thanks Pamela!
I don’t know why I never think to flavor popcorn! This looks so easy and delicious!
It really is so easy! I hope you enjoy it Kim!
This looks so delicious. What a fun idea. I pinned to remind me for later! Also, genius way to separate the kernels! Thanks for sharing. I’m visiting today from Your Whims Wednesday link up. Have a great day!
Thank you, Marielle!
I want to try with different flavored Oreos, holiday ones maybe.
Oh that’s be so great!