I found this recipe for these fast, no-bake treats in an old chocolate cookbook of mine and let me tell you, they are GOOD! I make treats often in our house but these disappeared in record time. You can’t go wrong with a peanut butter- chocolate combo and the marshmallows lend to the delicious chewy texture. Scroll down to see the video where I show how to make them- they only take about 5 minutes!
With this super simple and super easy peanut butter bites recipe, you can grab the kids and have them help along too! Top off every one of these chocolate covered peanut butter treats with sprinkles and you know they’ll be hard to resist. We think these are the BEST chewy peanut butter bites out there but don’t just take our word for it. Try the recipe soon and see for yourself!
What are chewy peanut butter bites?
When you look at the ingredients you’ll swear it looks similar to chocolate covered peanut butter crispy treats, but it’s more unique than that. These treats have a sweeter and softer texture to them but still, they can pack a lot of chewy goodness in every bite.
Chewy Peanut Butter Bites Ingredients
-Marshmallows: We want 20 large marshmallows so that this recipe turns out perfectly.
-Peanut butter: 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter makes every bite protein packed and fabulous but creamy peanut butter could be used too.
-Butter: 2 tablespoons of butter will help give us a little more “nonstick” ability and help to make every bite taste richer.
-Milk: We want 2 tablespoons of milk to help us thin the mixture enough to blend more easily.
-Powdered sugar: 2 cups of powdered sugar will make every bite smooth and sweet.
-Krispie cereal: We only need 2/3 cup of crispy cereal for these treats, but it’s enough to change the texture wonderfully.
-Chocolate: We will need about 1 cup of melted chocolate to make sure that we have enough for these treats.
-Sprinkles: You can add any of your favorite sprinkles to the top if desired. It adds a fun touch of color to every treat.
How to make chewy peanut butter bites
Line a mini muffin tray with cupcake liners or spray it with nonstick cooking spray depending on your preference or what you have on hand.
In a medium sized glass bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, butter, and milk.
Microwave the bowl on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stir until mostly smooth.
Add in the powdered sugar and stir until combined.
Fold in the cereal.
Scoop about 1 rounded tablespoon into each muffin cup. I used a cookie scoop to help achieve this.
Gently press down on each mound with the back of a greased spoon to flatten.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate over the top of each peanut butter bite.
Top it off with sprinkles if you’d like.
Let cool and set.
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup Krispie cereal
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- Line a mini-muffin pan with cupcake liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine marshmallows, peanut butter, butter and milk in a medium-sized glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir until mostly smooth. Add powdered sugar, stir until combined. Fold in cereal.
- Scoop about 1 rounded tablespoon into each muffin cup. I used a cookie scoop for this- makes it super fast and easy! Gently press down with a greased spoon to flatten.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate* onto the top of each peanut butter bite. Top with sprinkles, if you'd like. Let treats cool so that chocolate can harden and enjoy! You can really tell they have Krispies in them the first day, but after that, they get softer and are less apparent.
How to make this recipe using mini marshmallows
To make this recipe using mini marshmallows you’ll want about 1/2 cup of marshmallows per 5 large marshmallows which would be about 4 cups of minis (roughly 1 10ounce bag’s worth). Make sure to keep a watchful eye as they will cook much faster than the large ones do.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
That’s totally up to you! I think the easiest chocolate to use would be chocolate chips because they are so widely available. That said, you can use melters chocolate or even a melted chocolate bar so feel free to pick and choose your favorites.
More peanut butter chocolate recipes to try soon:
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER POKE CAKE
- HALLOWEEN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE PIZZA
- REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES
- PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERFINGER COOKIES
- PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM CUPCAKES
- NO-BAKE M&M PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- BEST PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES EVER!
- PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- EASY CHOCOLATE NUT CLUSTERS
- FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL TURTLE PIE
- NUTTER BUTTER TRUFFLES
- PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES.
These easy and simple peanut butter bites are so chewy, rich, and sweet. A perfect treat to cure a sweet tooth especially since they can be made in just 5 minutes! You’re going to love this chewy peanut butter bites recipe!
Becky Farr says
I will be making these for Christmas they look yummy!!
They’d be a perfect Christmas treat!
About how many mini marshmallows would this recipe take. I only have minis on hand and want to make these for 4th of July. Thanks!
Can you use chocolate chips to melt