Ingredients to makeFancy Fruit Salad
Here’s what you’ll need to make our Fancy Honey Lemon Glazed Fruit Salad:
–2 tsp vanilla
–3-4 TBSP honey
–1 TBSP lemon juice
–1 tsp lemon zest (you will use 1 lemon for the juice and the zest)
–1/4 cup orange juice
about 16 cups of fruit, washed & cut (yields about 4.5 quarts of cut fruit)
How to Make Fancy Fruit Salad
What kind of fruits can be use in fruit salad?
Can I use raw honey in fruit salad?
Yes, you can use raw honey in fruit salad. Often it just needs 10-15 seconds in the microwave to de-crystalize the raw honey. Then just proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Directions for making a Fancy Fruit Salad Recipe
Check out our other popular salad recipes:
- How to make Chicken Salad
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
- Fancy Fruit Salad
- Orange Cream Fruit Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cranberry Jello Salad
- Tropical Jello Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Orange Fruit Salad
- Berries and Cream Salad
- Cream Cheese Grape Salad
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe
- Garden Vegetable Caprese Salad
- Spinach Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
Fancy Fruit Salad
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest you will use 1 lemon for the juice and the zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 16 cups fruit, washed & cut (yields about 4.5 quarts of cut fruit)
- First mix the ingredients for the dressing. I used raw honey, so to make it mix easier with the other ingredients, I microwaved it for about 30 seconds.
- Zest your lemon, then cut it in half and juice it.
- Whisk the ingredients together until it's smooth and the honey is incorporated. If you're having a hard time with your honey and it still looks grainy, then microwave it for another 30 seconds.
- After assembling your fruit for your salad begin cutting and adding it to a large bowl. Keeping in mind to cut the apples and bananas last to prevent them from browning. You really don't need to add the dressing until you have finished adding all the cut-up fruit to your bowl.
- Once you have finished cutting/adding all the fruit to your bowl, toss the salad lightly to combine/ coat fruit. Chill until serving.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I make fruit salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make fruit salad 4-6 hours ahead of time. It really just depends on what fruits you use in your salad, as some keep fresh longer than others. Just to be safe though, I recommend making it at most 4-6 hours ahead of when you plan to serve it.
There is actually no way to keep fruit salads fresh for days, but you can make fruit salad and eat it the the next day.
At times I also make fruit salad and store some for the next day. The biggest problem is that some fruits like apples and bananas oxidize and turn brown quickly, while fruits like watermelon goes mushy when left too long. To counteract that, add a little lemon or lime juice to your fruit salad to stop fruits from oxidizing, and keep your fruit salad in the refrigerator to keep it from going mushy. This should keep your salad “fresh” for at least the following day.
Another great idea is to separate any leftover fruit in baggies to freeze and be used in smoothies the next morning!