Our Crustless Spinach Quiche recipe has been in the family for over a decade! It’s easy to make and yields a tender quiche that’s hearty and flavorful.
What is Spinach Quiche?
Spinach quiche is a delightful recipe for a baked egg pie that often includes fresh vegetables and a variety of cheeses. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, brunch or even dinner as it’s not only flavorful and healthy, but filling as well.
Whole vitamin D milk is perfect for quiche because it has the best flavor and texture for this dish. I use Horizon Organic milk in this recipe as it has a rich, creamy taste and 50% more vitamin D than regular milk. Half-gallon cartons are available in most grocery stores in the organic products section. I also use a blend of Horizon Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese and the Mexican Style Shredded Cheese. The Horizon Organic Mexican Style cheese is a blend of cheddar, Colby Jack, and Monterey Jack cheese. Using a blend of cheeses gives the quiche a great depth of flavor and really makes it taste more interesting. See where you can find Horizon Organics products near you here.
Crustless Spinach Quiche Ingredients
-Bread crumbs: Using 2 tablespoons of dried Italian breadcrumbs we can add a little flavor to this quiche, but Panko could also be used.
-Onion: We want 1/2 cup of diced sweet onion so that we can get a sweetened and caramelized flavor to enhance this dish.
-Horizon Organic Eggs: Adding a great amount of protein are the 5 large eggs we need for this quiche.
-Horizon Organic Milk: To make this quiche nice and creamy we want 1 cup of milk.
-Horizon Organic Cheese: We want 1 1/2 cups of Cheddar and Mexican Style cheese blend for this breakfast recipe.
-Parmesan Cheese: Adding another layer of salty and savory flavor is the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese we want to be added.
-Spinach: We want to use 2 cups of freshly chopped spinach so we can get that green color and healthy iron and vitamins packed within each leaf.
-Tomatoes: With 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes (plus more for garnish if desired) we can add a little acidity and freshness to round out the flavors.
-Seasonings: We want to use 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt, 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika, and 1/8 teaspoon of ground pepper for a flavorful quiche.
-Olive oil: We need just a dash of olive oil to help us cook down the onions. Using extra virgin olive oil is a great way to make it even healthier.
How to Make Crustless Spinach Quiche
Spray a pie pan generously with some nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with bread crumbs, turning the pan to coat. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a skillet, saute onions in oil for about 10 minutes, until the onions are soft and lightly browned.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
Add in the cheese, reserving 1/2 cup of cheddar and 1/4 cup of Parmesan for the topping.
Add in the seasonings, onion, spinach, and tomatoes. Stir lightly to combine.
Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie pan and top with the remaining cheeses.
Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F until the quiche is lightly browned and set in the middle.
Cool slightly and then top with additional cheese and freshly diced tomatoes, if desired.
Cut into wedges and serve.
Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 2 TBSP dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup Horizon Organic milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Horizon Organic Cheese Cheddar & Mexican Style
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- a dash of olive oil for sauteing onions
- Generously spray a pie pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle the bread crumbs along the sides and bottom of the pan, turning the pan to coat.
- Saute onions in oil for about 10 minutes, until onions are soft and lightly browned.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Add cheese, reserving 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/4 cup Parmesan for topping. Add seasonings, onion, spinach and tomatoes and stir lightly to combine. Pour into prepared pie pan. Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, until quiche is lightly browned and set in the middle.
- Cool slightly and serve cut into wedges.
How do you make a crustless quiche?
Instead of a traditional pie crust, I prefer to make a “Crustless” quiche. It’s so much faster, plus I love the health benefits. You simply oil your pie pan and sprinkle it with 2 TBSP Italian breadcrumbs over the surface of the dish.
Can I substitute frozen spinach for fresh?
Yes, of course! This recipe uses 2 cups of fresh spinach, so you’d need to use about 1/3 of a 10-oz package of thawed frozen spinach. You’re welcome to add more spinach if you’d like! I serve this dish to my family, so I like a balance of egg, cheese and spinach.
If you enjoyed this Crustless Spinach Quiche recipe, be sure to check these out too:
- Macaroni & Cheese with Ham and Peas
- Easy Nacho Cheese
- Frosted Peppermint Cookies
- 3-ingredient No-Bake Banana Cookies
- Broccoli Mac & Cheese Shells
- Easy Pear Tart
- Eggnog Cookies
- Bacon Breakfast Scramble
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs
- Easy Breakfast Nachos
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Vanilla Orange Waffles
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
You’re going to love this Crustless Spinach Quiche recipe. It’s quick & easy and tastes absolutely delicious! A healthy breakfast recipe that’s packed with protein from milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, and fresh tomatoes. Serving this spinach quiche without the crust also makes the prep so much easier (and healthier) for you.