I got this recipe from my husband’s aunt and it’s always a big hit at family dinners. It’s one of those salads that can be either a side dish or a dessert. My family would call it a dessert. My husband’s family calls it a salad. My husband would probably eat it for breakfast if I let him. (I can hear him now… “It has fruit! It’s healthy!” Ha. Nice try.) I like to serve it as a little treat alongside a nice Sunday dinner or for holiday dinners, like Easter or New Year’s. Regardless of when you plan to serve it, I hope you enjoy it- it’s delicious!
- 1- 3 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well (I like to dump the fruit into a strainer and let it sit for a good 10 minutes, gently tapping and stirring it occasionally)
- 1- 10 oz can mandarin oranges
- 1- 8 oz tub of whipped topping
- 1/2 package of Keebler Fudge Striped cookies
Whisk pudding and milk until mostly smooth. Fold in whipped topping, then fold in fruit. Chill in fridge for at least 3-4 hours. Break up cookies into small pieces about the size of a nickel. Gently stir into salad.
This salad can be saved until the next day, but it’s much better the first day you make it, so try and not have any leftovers, okay? 😉