Berry Jell-O Parfaits are a tasty and great way to change up a regular Jello dish! These jello parfait with cool whip are a creamy and heavenly dish that are so easy to make.
You only need four simple ingredients to create this remarkable-looking berry parfait! Serve this jello parfait at any event or on a relaxing weekend with your family; they are always a big hit!
What are Jell-O Parfaits?
A parfait is generally described as a layered dessert served in a clear glass. There are many different types of parfaits. Some are made with yogurt or custard, and most all include whipped cream and some type of berry too. For this recipe, we have a parfait base of jello, we just love it in our house. We layer it with berries and whipped cream, the results are a simply stunning treat!
Why You’ll Love This Parfait Recipe
- It’s easy to assemble! You just need a few ingredients and a couple of steps from start to finish. The hardest part about this recipe is the patience you’ll need as it sets up in the fridge.
- Fancy or comforting. Parfaits are a perfect treat to serve guests at a party because they look gorgeous in clear cups and are portable. That said, they’re just as tasty any night of the week in the comfort of your own home.
- This dish is also great because it is so versatile. You can switch up the jello flavor and types of berries based on your taste preference or what type of fruit is in season. Give it a try today and see just how delicious it is!
Berry Jell-O Parfait Ingredients
Water: You will need 1 ½ cups of boiling water to dissolve the jello mix for this recipe.
Jello: Using 1 3 ounce package of either Raspberry, Strawberry, or Blackberry flavored gelatin will create a wonderfully tasty treat. I made mine with the blackberry fusion flavor, and it was simply divine.
Berries: You need 1 heaping cup of berries, whatever your preference is. I used blackberries, raspberries and blueberries in my recipe.
Whipped topping: Adding in 1 8 ounce tub of whipped topping, thawed and divided, will give this treat an amazing creamy texture.
Easy step by step on how to make Berry Jell-O Parfaits
Start by washing your berries well, remove any stems, and cut them into quarters if you use a large berry like a strawberry. For raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries, you can keep them whole.
In small clear cups, pour some of each fresh berry in the bottom to fill it about a ¼ of the cup. Set aside.
Combine the boiling water and the gelatin mix in a large bowl with a pouring spout or a large 4-cup measuring cup. Heat the water in the microwave until boiling, or you can do this on the stove top in a sauce pan. Whisk until the Jello has dissolved.
Next, add in ½ of the 8-ounce tub of whipped topping into the Jello mixture and whisk until blended.
Proceed to pour the Jello liquid into the 6 bowls/cups on top of the fresh berries.
Place the cups or bowls in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm.
When fully chilled, top each cup with a large dollop of the remaining whipped topping and additional berries.
Serve and enjoy!
BERRY JELL-O PARFAITS
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 pkg 3 oz. Jell-O Raspberry/ Strawberry/ Blackberry flavored gelatin
- 1 heaping cup of berries
- 1 tub 8 oz. whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Start by washing your berries well, remove any stems, and if you are using a large berry like a strawberry, cut it into quarters. For raspberries, blueberries and blackberries you can keep them whole.
- In small clear cups, pour some of each fresh berry in the bottom to fill it about a ¼ of the cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a pouring spout or a large 4-cup measuring cup, combine the boiling water and the gelatin mix. Heat the water in the microwave until boiling, or you can do this on the stove top in a saucepan. Whisk until the Jello has dissolved.
- Next, add in ½ of the 8-ounce tub of whipped topping into the Jello mixture and whisk until blended. Proceed to pour the Jello liquid into the 6 bowls/cups on top of the fresh berries.
- Place the cups or bowls in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm.
- When fully chilled, top each cup with a large dollop of the remaining whipped topping and additional berries. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are Jello parfaits good for?
These jello treats can last from 5-7 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be aware that the texture will change with each passing day, the sooner you enjoy these the better they will taste.
Does sugar free Jello work for these parfaits?
While I have not tried this exact recipe with sugar free Jello, I don’t see any reason why it would not work out. Go ahead and try it out and let me know how good it tastes in the comments because I’m curious now too!
Can I switch up the fruit and Jello flavors in this Berry Parfait?
You sure can. Experimenting with this Jello parfait can be a lot of fun. If you would like, you can switch up the Jello flavor for mango, melon fusion, or even the tropical fusion blend and add mandarin oranges or pineapple chunks. Or you can go with the traditional strawberry Jello with fresh strawberry chunks, that is always delicious. Whatever your favorite Jello flavor and your preferred fruit, you can’t go wrong with this versatile recipe.
If you loved this Jello recipe, try more of our favorites here!
- 35+ Best Jello Recipes
- Tropical Jello Pretzel Salad
- Layered Valentine’s Jello Cups
- Cranberry Jello Salad recipe
- Rainbow Jello Cups
- Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad recipe
- Layered Christmas Jello Cups
- CREAMY RASPBERRY JELLO
- Classic Strawberry Jello Mold
- Raspberry Vanilla Jello Salad
- Creamy Jello Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Raspberry Sticks
Berry Jell-O Parfaits are a fantastic way to change up a regular Jello dish! These jello parfait with cool whip are a creamy and sweet dish that are so simple to make.