Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring is an easy danish recipe made easy with crescent rolls, cream cheese & raspberries. Perfect for holidays, brunch, dessert, or anytime!
This raspberry cream cheese crescent ring recipe is a recipe I just had to share with all of you. From the flakey layered crescent rolls to the rich and tangy filling inside this recipe is delicious. Topped off with a simple glaze drizzled on top and you know it’s going to be good.
Raspberry danish ring
This simple danish ring is made using canned crescent rolls and shaped into a wreath. It’s as perfect for serving up on holiday mornings as it is throughout the year and with it taking less than 30 minutes to make it’s always a great option. This is also a great recipe for kids to make thanks to how easy it is to prep so get the whole family in on the occasion and make morning memories that taste great.
Raspberry Crescent Ring Ingredients
-Crescent rolls: You will need 2 8 ounce cans of crescent dinner rolls. I like to use Pillsbury but you can use any brand.
-Cream cheese: One 8 ounce block of softened cream cheese will be the base of the filling to give you a creamy rich taste in every bite.
-Sugar: You will need ½ cup of granulated sugar to help sweeten the filling.
-Raspberries: Use ½ cup of fresh raspberries for a sweet and tangy refreshing taste.
-Almond extract: A ½ teaspoon of almond extract will help to flavor the filling well and make this dish taste even richer.
-Sliced almonds: If desired you can use some sliced almonds on top of the crescent ring as a nice garnish.
-Glaze: This raspberry cream cheese danish wouldn’t be complete without a simple icing on top. You will need 1 cup of powdered sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk and ½ teaspoon of almond extract.
How to make a cream cheese crescent ring
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
In a bowl whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, and ½ teaspoon of almond extract until smooth and creamy.
Add in the raspberries and gently mash them down into the mix with your whisk, several times. You want a nicely blended mixture.
Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and unroll a can of crescent rolls onto the sheet. Use your hands to flatten and seal the perforated edges. A rolling pin will work too, but hands work just fine.
Spread half of the cream cheese mixture onto the flattened rolls.
Starting at one end of the long sides, gently roll the dough up and into a log, sealing the edge seam when finished. Corve the long roll around so that the edges touch and press to seal the edges together.
Use kitchen shears or a large sharp knife to cut 1-1 ½” pieces ¾ of the way through the circle, allowing the pieces to all stay attached in the center.
Pick up each cut piece and twist it over slightly so that the cut portion is mostly facing upward. It looks better if they were all twisted the same way, but that’s not necessary.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then drizzle with icing and sliced almonds.
Top with additional fresh raspberries if desired.
Repeat the process with the other can of crescent rolls and the other half of the filling. You can make the two rings at the same time and place them on the same baking sheet to speed up the process.
Serve and Enjoy!
RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT RING
- 16 oz Crescent Rolls two 8-ct cans
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds for garnish, if desired
Easy Almond Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sugar and 1/2 tsp almond extract until smooth. Add in fresh raspberries and gently mash with the whisk several times.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Unroll 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls onto sheet and use your hands to flatten and seal the perforated edges. You can use a rolling pin if desired, but your hands work just fine.
- Spread 1/2 the cream cheese mixture onto the flattened rolls. Starting at one of the long sides, gently roll dough up, sealing the edges together once it’s completely rolled.
- Circle the long roll around so that the edges touch. Press to seal the edges.
- Use kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut 1 to 1 1/2" segments 3/4 of the way through, allowing the innermost part of the ring to remain in tact. Then, gently pick up each segment and twist, laying the rolled-up portion as flat to the pan as possible. It looks better if all the segments are twisted the same way, but it's not necessary.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until rolls are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes and drizzle with glaze. Top with additional fresh raspberries and sliced almonds, if desired.
- Repeat process with 2nd crescent can of crescent rolls. It is possible to bake both rings on the same cookie sheet- they’ll just puff up a bit so keep that in mind.
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can I use a different berry instead?
Blueberries or strawberries could also be great options for this tasty breakfast treat. Simply use them the same as your would the raspberries and then report back here to comment and let me know how it turned out!
Why is my cream cheese runny?
If your cream cheese was too warm it may not set up properly and cause leaking issues when you go to cut and twist the danish. A good idea is to pause for a few minutes and place the baking sheet into the freezer for about 5 minutes to chill so that the cream cheese can be set up just enough that it’s easier to handle.
If you love this Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring, be sure to try some of our other favorite raspberry recipes as well!
- RASPBERRY SKILLET BROWNIES
- RASPBERRY MELTAWAY COOKIES
- LEMON RASPBERRY MUFFINS
- RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE JELLO
- RASPBERRY SWEET ROLLS
- LEMON PANCAKES WITH RASPBERRY SYRUP
- CREAMY RASPBERRY JELLO
- RASPBERRY TWIST BREAD
- CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY PROTEIN BALLS
- RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE SHAKES
- LEMON RASPBERRY OREO BALLS
- RASPBERRY JELLO POKE CAKE
Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring is easy and gorgeous; plus, the taste of raspberries, cream cheese, and buttery crescent rolls in every bite will have you swooning.