Christmas Candy Puffcorn is made easy in just minutes and calls for only 4 ingredients! This candied puffcorn is made with an almond bark coating, buttery puffcorn and topped with festive holiday candies and sprinkles!
This easy to make Christmas candy puffcorn recipe is a fun and simple treat to serve at holiday parties or as gifts to your family and friends. Every batch of this candy coated puffcorn is filled with festive colors of red, white, and green, making it perfect for the holidays.
What is Candy Puffcorn?
Christmas candy puffcorn is a sweet and salty holiday treat that people can’t get enough of. If you have never tried it, you are in for a treat. Puffcorn is a light and crispy, butter flavored puffed corn that doesn’t have kernels or hulls, so it is easy to eat. Then, add the melted white almond bark and oh my word, prepare to eat the whole bowl! I topped mine with a variety of Christmas candies and sprinkles to make it perfectly festive for the holiday season. Have I mentioned too that this dessert literally comes together in minutes?! You can’t get much easier than this!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS PUFFCORN TREAT
If you need more reasons to try this recipe, here are our top three reasons to convince you.
- Festive and fun! Who doesn’t love a delicious holiday treat? This puffcorn covered with tasty candy and sprinkles is not only tasty but fun to eat too.
- Simple ingredients. This fun and festive treat is so easy to make. With just 4 ingredients you will have a great dessert to serve to your family and friends.
- Comes together fast! What I love most about this recipe is that it is so quick to prepare. I can whip up a batch, while this is resting I can be making the other dishes for my dinner or event.
Where to find puffcorn?
Puffcorn can be found on the chip aisle of your local grocery store, be sure to get the butter flavor and not the cheese one. I find I have better luck shopping at smaller grocery stores when looking for puffcorn, although I have seen it at our local Kroger store. The brand I found was Chesters, but you can also find it online as well.
Puffcorn: You will need 1 3.5 oz bag Butter Puffcorn to make this sensational holiday treat.
Almond bark: For the delicious candy coating, use 1 12-ounce bar of almond bark.
Candies: Add in 1 1/2 cups of your favorite type of Christmas candies, I think M&M’s make a perfect addition to this mix and is what we used for the recipe. You can use mini M&M’s, or mint flavored ones too if you would like.
Sprinkles: You need 2-3 tablespoons of Christmas sprinkles to give this sweet mix a festive holiday appearance.
Step by step on how to make Christmas Candy Puffcorn
Begin by lining a baking sheet with parchment or silicon liner and set aside.
Then, pour the bag of puffcorn in a large bowl.
Next, in a separate small bowl, heat the almond bark in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Let it sit for 2 minutes, then microwave for an additional 20 seconds, if needed. Stir until the bark is smooth and ensure it is completely melted.
Proceed to pour the melted chocolate over the puffcorn and stir until the almond bark completely coats puffcorn, then transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
After that, sprinkle with the Christmas candy and holiday sprinkles. Let cool to set for roughly 20-30 minutes, then gently break up into pieces and serve in a large bowl and enjoy!
Christmas Candy Puffcorn
- 1 3.5 ounce bag Butter flavor Puffcorn
- 12 oz almond bark
- 1 ½ cups Christmas candies
- 2-3 tbsp Christmas sprinkles
- Begin by lining a baking sheet with parchment or silicon liner and set aside. Then, pour the bag of puffcorn in a large bowl.
- Next, in a separate small bowl, heat the almond bark in the microwave for 1minute 30 seconds. Let it sit for 2 minutes, then microwave for an additional20 seconds, if needed. Stir until the bark is smooth and ensure it is completely melted.
- Proceed to pour the melted chocolate over the puffcorn and stir until the almond bark completely coats puffcorn, then transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- After that, sprinkle with the Christmas candy and holiday sprinkles. Let cool to set for roughly 20-30 minutes, then gently break up into pieces and serve in a large bowl and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW DO YOU STORE CANDY COVERED PUFFCORN?
This puffcorn dessert can be stored in an airtight container for several days. It is best stored in a cool location too so that the coating doesn’t melt and get messy.
WHY IS MY CANDIED PUFFCORN STICKY?
Candied puffcorn, once fully cooled will not be sticky and gooey, but instead, have a light hard layer of candy coating. If your popcorn is still sticky it could be because you didn’t let the candy coating rest long enough to set. Give it a good 30 minutes to ensure it sets long enough before diving in to enjoy.
HOW LONG WILL CANDY PUFFCORN LAST?
This delicious treat will last for 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Making sure it is sealed and airtight will extend the shelf life as long as possible.
Try more easy and delicious Christmas recipes here:
- Easy Peppermint Chex Mix
- Christmas Peppermint Patties
- Easy Gumdrop Fudge
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gooey Holiday Chex Mix
- Peppermint Popcorn
Christmas Candy Puffcorn is made fast in just minutes and calls for 4 simple ingredients! This candied puffcorn is made with an almond bark coating, buttery puffcorn and topped with holiday candies and sprinkles!