Butterscotch Apple Salad is a delightful sweet, creamy salad bursting with Fall flavors! Easy fruit salad made with crushed pineapple, butterscotch pudding mix, apples, raisins & almonds!
This fluff salad is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party or a family gathering, it is sure to be a hit with everyone.
To make this marshmallow fruit salad you need basic ingredients, pineapple, apples, marshmallows and whipped topping. This apple fruit salad recipe is easy to follow and can be adjusted to suit your taste preference.
What is Apple Butterscotch Fluff Salad?
This delicious dessert salad is a sweet & creamy recipe that is made with fruit and whipped topping. It’s a popular Cool Whip dessert that you can likely find in one of your mom’s old cookbooks! It’s often served as a side dish for a holiday meal, a special occasion or as a fun treat. We love to serve it for Sunday family dinners and this recipe is a family favorite that is served often at our house. Anything that you can call salad, but have it taste like dessert is a winner in my book.
Why you’ll love this Apple Fluff Salad Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Texture: This dessert salad is soft and chewy, with a crunchy bite from the apple chunks. The texture is perfect, making it a crowd-pleaser for all ages.
- Easy to Make: This salad is simple to make and requires only a few ingredients. It is a perfect recipe for a quick dish to whip up and serve.
- Great for Parties: This salad dish is a fun and unique addition to any party or gathering. It is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
Ingredients for Butterscotch Apple Salad
Pineapple: Add in one 8-oz can of crushed pineapple, drained, to give this dish an amazing flavor and texture.
Butterscotch pudding: For a wonderful depth of flavor, use one 3.4-oz box of instant butterscotch pudding. Just the dry mix, do not make the pudding.
Apples: You will need 4 cups of diced red & green apples, divided, for more great flavor and chunks of deliciousness.
Marshmallows: Using 1 cup of mini marshmallows gives this salad a lovely combination of texture and taste.
Almonds: Adding 1 cup of slivered almonds gives a slightly sweet crunchy addition to this tasty dish.
Raisins: If desired, you can add in ⅓ cup of raisins, 1 TBSP reserved, for more delicious taste.
Whipped topping: The amazing fluffy taste and texture is by adding an 8-oz tub of whipped topping.
How to make Butterscotch Apple Fluff
Get started by adding the drained pineapple chunks to a large mixing bowl. Then sprinkle with the dry pudding mix and stir. Let this sit for 3-5 minutes while you prep other ingredients.
Also, core and dice the apples into small 1″ bite sized cubes. You need 4 cups total, reserving 1 cup for a later step.
In the large bowl with the pineapple, add in 3 cups of the chopped apples, mini marshmallows, ⅓ cup of almonds, and raisins (if desired).
Proceed to fold in the whipped topping into the fruit mixture and stir. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
Right before serving, top with the remaining apples and slice almonds. Serve and enjoy!
Butterscotch Apple Salad
- 8 oz crushed pineapple drained
- 3.4 oz instant butterscotch pudding
- 4 cups diced red & green apples divided
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup raisins 1 TBSP reserved
- 8 oz whipped topping
- Prep: Start by adding the drained pineapple chunks to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with the dry pudding mix and stir. Let this sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Core and dice the apples into small 1" bite sized cubes. You need 4 cups total, reserving 1 cup for a later step.
- Assemble: In the large bowl with the pineapple, add in 3 cups of the chopped apples, mini marshmallows, ⅓ cup of almonds, and raisins (if desired).
- Fold in the whipped topping into the fruit mixture and stir. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, top with the remaining apples and slice almonds. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
HOW LONG WILL THIS FLUFF SALAD STAY GOOD?
Because apples have the tendency to turn brown, this salad is best served the same day it is made. With that said, you could make the salad up to 1 day in advance but fold in apple chunks right before serving.
CAN I SWITCH UP THE FRUIT AND PUDDING FLAVOR?
You bet you can, experimenting with this salad can be a lot of fun. If you wanted to use a banana pudding mix and use strawberries and blueberries, that would be a delicious combination. Or you can go with a bold pudding flavor and use pistachio, then add some mandarin oranges to the fruit salad. This recipe can be really fun to play around with, find the perfect combination with the pudding flavor and fruit.
CAN YOU REPLACE THE COOL WHIP?
Cool Whip is the best “whipped topping” to use in this recipe. However, if you can’t find Cool Whip where you live or you prefer not to use it in recipes, you can use stabilized whipped cream instead. If you just use regular whipped cream, the consistency will be too light and the cream will not hold up very well. It’s very simple to make your own stabilized whipped cream and it just takes a few minutes!
HOW DO YOU MAKE STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM?
If you want to make whipped cream ahead of time, you can, but you have to stabilize it. To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
Add in the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip on high until mixture is smooth.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 3 days.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster: use a metal bowl and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!