Asian Chicken & Noodle Salad a delicious and light meal, perfect for any occasion or day of the week. Packed with fresh flavors of lime, cucumber, apple, and chicken, this easy quick meal is unforgettably good.
Use up your leftover chicken and veggies for an easy upgrade with this simple and light dinner recipe. Serve it up as an easy side dish or as the main meal, either way it is sure to be satisfyingly good!
Cold Asian noodle salad
I got this recipe from a past issue of Women’s Day magazine. To save on time, I used store-bought rotisserie chicken. I de-boned the chicken, then just let it cool on the cutting board while I prepared the noodles and dressing. So when it was served, it wasn’t cold per se, just cool. The leftovers the next day were even better since the flavors in the dressing had time to meld.
Sometimes eating a cold meal on a hot summer’s day just hits the spot which is why this meal has been a favorite of my families for a while. Not to mention how easy it is to throw together thanks to the garden fresh veggies. Be sure to give this recipe a try soon and see for yourself just how amazing it is!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS COLD PASTA RECIPE
- It’s easy to make! This recipe is very simple to follow along with, making it a quick and easy dish to whip up for a casual weekday dinner, parties or get togethers.
- Basic ingredients. You do not need much to make this recipe, but you will need a few items. You will be surprised how many ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
- 30 minutes or less. With a little prep and a fast cook time, you can easily have this recipe completed in about 30 minutes or less. Then let it chill while you prepare the rest of the meal items.
Asian chicken noodle salad ingredients
Pasta: You will need a 10 ounce box of angel hair pasta or some capellini pasta. Other pastas will work fine as well, but I like the way that these look.
Oil: Use 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil for added flavor.
Apple: You will need 1 granny smith apple that has been cut into wedges and thinly sliced. Other apple varieties will work as well, you can use whatever you have on hand or your favorite type.
Cucumber: To help give this dish light flavor and some crunch, add in ½ of a seedless cucumber that has been cut into half moon-sized pieces. You could also sub them out for fresh snap peas instead.
Scallions: For more yummy flavor, add in 2 thinly sliced scallions.
Chicken: Add in 2 ½ cups of shredded chicken for loads of protein. I like to use rotisserie chicken to make this recipe super easy to throw together. Or, if you have chicken at home you want to use…give this recipe for shredded chicken a try to simplify the process.
Mint: Adding in ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves is optional but if you choose to do it, you will want them to be thinly sliced.
For the dressing you will need:
Lime juice: Adding in ¼ cup of fresh lime juice will really help to make this salad taste light and refreshing. This is about the amount of juice you get from 3 limes.
Brown sugar: Use 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar for added depth of flavor and sweetness to cut down on the acidity.
Oil: You will need another 2 tablespoons of sesame oil for the dressing.
Vinegar: For added tangy goodness, you will want to use 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
Chili: Use 1 red chili or ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes for an added kick of spice.
Salt and pepper: Add in ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, you can add more once on your plate if needed.
How to Make Asian Chicken and Noodle Salad
Start by cooking the noodles according to package directions. Then, rinse the pasta under cold water to cool, then toss with the sesame oil.
Also, core and slice the apple into thin wedges. Then, dice the cucumber into half-moon shape pieces and the scallions into thin bits as well.
You will also need the chicken cooked before assembling this salad. I use a rotisserie chicken for ease, but you can also do it yourself. Here is an easy recipe for shredded chicken to try!
After that, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, red chili (if using), ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Whisk to combine all ingredients well.
Proceed to add the apple, cucumber, and scallions to the dressing mixture and toss to coat.
Next, slice or shred the chicken and add it to the apple-cucumber mixture and toss to combine and coat well with the dressing.
Lastly, add the noodles and mint to the dressing mixture and toss again to coat all the ingredients well.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Asian Chicken & Noodle Salad
- 10 ounce box angel hair or capellini pasta
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple cut into wedges and thinly sliced
- ½ seedless cucumber cut into thin half-moons (I used sugar snap peas from the garden instead!)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 ½ cups chicken shredded
- ¼ cup fresh mint thinly sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice about 3 limes
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil additional
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 red chili or ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prep: Start by cooking the noodles according to package directions. Then, rinse the pasta under cold water to cool, then toss with the sesame oil.
- Also, core and slice the apple into thin wedges. Then, dice they cucumber into half-moon shape pieces and the scallions into thin bits as well. You will also need the chicken cooked before assembling this salad. I use a rotisserie chicken for ease, but you can also do it yourself. Here is an easy recipe for shredded chicken to try!
- Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, red chili (if using), ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir to combine all ingredients well.
- Combine: Add the apple, cucumber, and scallions to the dressing mixture and toss to coat. Next, slice or shred the chicken and add it to the apple-cucumber mixture and toss to combine.
- Lastly, add the noodles and mint to the dressing mixture and toss again to coat all the ingredients well. Serve immediately and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long is Asian chicken and noodles good for?
This dish is really best when freshly made because after that the apples will begin to brown and the cucumbers will soften. That said, leftovers can be stored in a well covered container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Do I eat this pasta cold or warm?
You can eat it either way! I prefer to enjoy this dish when it’s room temperature or slightly chilled, but eating it while the noodles are still hot and warm is also a great way to give a nice contrast between the colder veggies and apple pieces.
CAN I MAKE THIS PAST DISH AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can prepare the recipe as directed above and then place it into a foil covered casserole dish. Because you can eat this dish cold or warmed up, it is a great dish to prepare ahead of time and serve up quickly.
Check out these other great Asian inspired recipes:
- ASIAN BBQ CHICKEN WONTONS
- MONGOLIAN BEEF & VEGETABLES
- ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE
- COCONUT RICE
- CASHEW CHICKEN STIR FRY
- EASY BEEF & BROCCOLI
- CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
- EASY CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE
Asian Chicken & Noodle Salad a delightful and simple meal, great for any occasion or day of the week. Loaded with amazing flavors of lime, cucumber, apple, and chicken this easy quick meal is so tasty.