HOMEMADE ITALIAN CREAM SODAS

Holiday food is great and all but a fun tradition we have is to make specialty drinks, particularly for New Year’s. Italian Cream Sodas are a favorite of mine but they are so overpriced at restaurants I tend to not order them often. Did you know that you can make your own for a fraction of the price? Seriously! They’re super tasty and I love how they look. Aren’t they so festive and pretty?! They are indeed.

Homemade Italian Cream Sodas: Butter with a Side of Bread

Be Sure to Follow us on Pinterest!
Italian Cream Sodas

What you’ll need:

• Club Soda
  • Half & Half
  • Torani Syrups
  • Ice

To make one Italian Cream Soda, you’ll need:

• 1/2 cup Club Soda
  • 3 TBSP Torani Syrup {our favorite combo was Raspberry Vanilla- 2 TBSP Raspberry to 1 TBSP Vanilla}
  • 1 TBSP Half & Half
  • 3 ice cubes
  • whipped cream and a cherry for the top!
Add ice cubes to glasses. Measure out about 1/2 cup Club Soda  and pour into each glass. {If you have larger glasses, you can double all of the ingredients.}
Homemade Italian Cream Sodas: Butter with a Side of Bread
Measure out 3 TBSP Torani syrup. You can find this type of syrup in the coffee section at just about any grocery store. I found vanilla everywhere but had a hard time finding any fruity flavors. I finally found Raspberry at Walmart. The bottles cost about $3.50 each and will make about 12-14 of the drinks at least.
Our favorite combo was a mix of vanilla and raspberry as detailed above. Yum.
Add the syrup to the soda. Just before serving add the 1 TBSP of Half & Half to the soda/ syrup mixture. This is the fun part- as the cream seeps down it makes a really cool design on the glass. Try and not shake the glasses around too much so that the design is preserved- serve with whipped cream and a cherry on top, as well as something to stir with prior to drinking. It’s fun to admire the cool swirls of the syrup and cream, but encourage everyone to give it a little stir before drinking so that all the flavors meld.
ENJOY!

Be sure to Follow us on Pinterest!

Homemade Italian Cream Sodas: Butter with a Side of Bread
 Items used to create this recipe:

Comments

Yum !!!! This looks and sounds totally cool !!! I'm sure finding half the stuff u mentioned above is going to be literally impossible here in India … But well I'm sure I can substitute it with something else!! But hey, thanks for the recipe !

there is a chance no one will answer my question, but please do. :-)<br /><br />can you taste the club soda?<br /><br />i don&#39;t like it elsewhere..so..<br />but these look so yummy! :-)

Love cherry cream sodas but the raspberry-vanilla sounds great. Thank you for the recipe.<br /><br />We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.<br />The children were nestled all snug in their beds,<br />While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

If you have a Soda Stream, it is perfect for these. That is why I purchased it. These looks amazing! I am also looking in to making my own syrups. My favorite is a Vanilla cream Italian Soda. There&#39;s a bit of information about recipes and such if you look on the web.

Just tried this tonight with the family. We love getting Italian sodas at a local Italian deli. So fun to have the proportions to make them at home. They were a bit more mild than those at the deli, but definitely good. My son wants me to make them every night. Thanks!<br /><br />MJ (www.ahappysong.com)

Hello Jessica! Your picture here landed on one of my Pinterest pages, and I must say, the minute I saw this delicious drink, I was sold! I am in the process of gathering some yummy recipes like this, and would love to feature this in my magazine… please shoot me an email if interested. I&#39;d love to make one myself, and add your website and a little about &quot;you&quot; spot on it!<br />

I Pinned this one…it looks fantabulous! I&#39;m thinking of trying Midori or another fruity liqueur instead of the Torani, just to jazz it up for adults. ;)<br />

I LOVE those glasses! Would love to know where you purchased them. Are they just stemless champagne flutes? They look taller than any I&#39;ve seen. Thanks!

I just saw this on pinterest and I couldn&#39;t resist coming over to see the recipe. This is so pretty and festive, and it looks delish!!! Of course I&#39;ll have to repin this one.

I made it using Perrier, sugar free raspberry syrup and almond milk – no whipped cream (I have lactose intolerant kids. It was not too sweet-just perfect, tasted like a healthy version of pop.<br /><br />Because I used almond milk instead of cream which is much thinner, I didn&#39;t get the pretty effect as pictured but it tasted really good. The perfect hot day treat without all the sugar.

I just made these tonight! Had a hard time finding flavors even in our markets out west but then remembered that Cost Plus carries pretty much every flavor for $7.99 in huge bottles. I also found a few flavors in the smaller, picnic sized bottles in the Picnic bins if you just want to try smaller amounts. YUM!

After one of my dad&#39;s friends local coffee shop closed due to the fact of starting a family, I couldn&#39;t find the blackberry vanilla Italian soda she made anywhere. Tried this recipe and it was spot on, I used blackberry instead of raspberry, and the half and half was exactly what she did also. Always so cool. Thanks for the recipe!!

My mum and I want to create a blogging site much like this for our web site, I stumbled across your website looking to get ideas on the theme as well as layout. I am taking some html coding class while attending college and not sure if I would have the capacity to create a blog such as this one just yet. Did you code this site by yourself or employ a professional?<br /><a href="http://

I just made these for my kids as their New Year&#39;s Eve drink. They&#39;re delicious! You can&#39;t taste the club soda at all. I&#39;m gonna have to stock up on syrups because I think they&#39;re going to be the new favorite drink around here!

I couldn&#39;t find the raspberry syrup so I substituted Rose&#39;s Grenadine syrup instead and it turned out delicious. I also substituted the club soda for ginger ale. So yummy!