Steak and Cheese Flatbread is made with tender steak, gooey cheese, and crispy flatbread, it is a flavorful and satisfying meal that is perfect any time of day. The combination of tender steak, melted cheese, and crispy flatbread creates a mouth-watering taste that is hard to resist.
The amazing taste of this flatbread pizza is a result of the combination of high-quality ingredients and simple cooking techniques. This easy flatbread recipe is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters and is a must-try for anyone who loves delicious and flavorful food.
Easy Cheese & Steak Flatbread
To make steak and cheese flatbread, you will need a few simple ingredients, including steak, cheese, fresh vegetables, flatbread, and your some basic seasonings. You can use any type of steak you prefer, such as sirloin or flank steak, and you can also experiment with different types of cheese to find the perfect flavor combination. Once you have your ingredients, simply cook the steak, prep the veggies and sauce, add the cheese, and bake the flatbread until it is crispy and golden brown. The result is a wonderful meal that is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Why You’ll Love This Simple Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This recipe is quick and easy to make, which makes it perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. It only takes a few minutes to prepare the ingredients and assemble the flatbread, and then it can be baked in the oven for just a few minutes.
- Versatile: This recipe is also very versatile, as you can easily customize it to your liking. You can add more or less cheese, use a different type of cheese, or even add some vegetables like bell peppers or onions to the flatbread.
- Delicious: Of course, the most important reason to love this recipe is that it is absolutely delicious. The combination of tender steak, melted cheese, and crispy flatbread is irresistible, and it is sure to become a family favorite.
Ingredients for Steak & Cheese Flatbread
Olive Oil: Use 3 TBSP of olive oil to create a delightful sauce for these tasty flatbreads.
Garlic: Adding in 1 tsp of minced garlic will flavor the sauce well.
Rosemary: You need ½ tsp of dried rosemary to give the topping a nice earthy taste.
Salt & Pepper: Balance the flavors well by using ¼ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of pepper as well.
Flatbread: You need two 8 inch flatbreads for this easy dish. You can make your own or simply pick some up at the grocery store, I got a 2 pack in the deli section.
Fresh Vegetables: I used ¾ cup of fresh spinach leaves, ½ cup of whole grape tomatoes and ¼ cup of thinly sliced red onions, all divided between the two flatbreads.
Steak Bites: Adding about 1 cup (divided) of steak bites, cooked, will give these flatbreads plenty of delicious protein.
Cheese: I used a combination of ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to make these flatbreads deliciously cheesy.
How to make Flatbread
Begin by getting the oven preheated to 400° F.
I baked my flatbread in a Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1. It’s the size of a toaster oven but does SO much more! It’s an air fryer, convection oven and inverter microwave all in one countertop appliance. It was so simple to use. It preheats in 3 minutes and my flatbreads were evenly heated and lightly toasted on top.
Also, slice & chop the fresh veggies you’ve chosen to top your pizza with. Slice onions thinly, dice tomatoes in half if desired, and wash spinach leaves.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, Rosemary, salt & pepper until blended.
Using a brush, spread the olive oil mixture on the flatbreads lightly.
Then top the flatbreads with the spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, red onions and ½ cup of steak bites on each flatbread.
Proceed to sprinkle or dot with cheese.
Lastly, lightly brush the top of the ingredients with additional olive oil mixture.
After that, place the flatbread in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes in the baking pan.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
Variations of Steak and Cheese Flatbread
Steak and cheese flatbread is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit different tastes and preferences. Here are some variations of steak and cheese flatbread:
International Variations: Steak and cheese flatbread is a popular dish in many countries, and each region has its own unique twist on the recipe. Here are some international variations of steak and cheese flatbread:
- Greek Steak and Cheese Flatbread: This variation includes feta cheese, kalamata olives, and tzatziki sauce.
- Italian Steak and Cheese Flatbread: This variation includes mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and basil.
- Mexican Steak and Cheese Flatbread: This variation includes salsa, guacamole, and jalapenos.
Vegetarian Alternatives: For those who prefer a vegetarian diet, there are several alternatives to steak and cheese flatbread that are just as delicious. Here are some vegetarian alternatives to steak and cheese flatbread:
- Mushroom and Cheese Flatbread: This variation includes sautéed mushrooms, onions, and a blend of cheeses.
- Spinach and Feta Flatbread: This variation includes spinach, feta cheese, and roasted red peppers.
- Roasted Vegetable Flatbread: This variation includes roasted vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant, and a blend of cheeses.
Steak and Cheese Flatbread
- 2 8-inch Flatbreads
- 1 cup Steak bites cooked
- ¾ cup Fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup Grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup Red onion sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated or sliced
- 3 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- ½ tsp Dried Rosemary
- ¼ tsp Coarse salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice & chop the fresh veggies you've chosen to top your pizza with. Slice onions thinly, dice tomatoes in half if desired, and wash spinach leaves.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, Rosemary, salt & pepper until blended. Using a brush, spread the olive oil mixture on the flatbreads lightly.
- Assemble: Spread flatbreads lightly with olive oil mixture. Top with spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, red onion and steak bites. Sprinkle or dot with cheese.
- Lightly brush top of ingredients with additional olive oil mixture.
- Bake: Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool then slice, serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Can you make Flatbread Ahead of time?
Flatbread is best made and served right away, but it can be made ahead of time. I suggest assembling the flatbread completely and refrigerating it until you’re ready to bake, then serve it. It can be baked an hour ahead of time, then kept warm until time to serve.
Can you freeze flatbread?
Yes, you can freeze flatbread. I recommend baking it then cooling and packaging it in an airtight container. It’s best reheated in a toaster oven, like the Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1but it can also be microwaved for quick meals.
Can I make a delicious steak and cheese flatbread on naan bread?
To make a delicious steak and cheese sandwich on naan bread, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Then, cook your steak to your desired level of doneness in a pan or on a grill. Next, place your naan bread on a baking sheet and top it with sliced steak, shredded cheese, and any additional toppings you desire. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!
How long is this good for?
This steak and cheese flatbread is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the flatbread in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
What is the difference between a flatbread and a pizza crust?
While both flatbread and pizza crust are made from similar ingredients, there are a few key differences. Flatbread is typically thinner and crispier than pizza crust, and is often made without yeast. It also tends to have a more rustic, irregular shape. Pizza crust, on the other hand, is thicker and chewier, and is usually made with yeast for a rise. It is also typically round and uniform in shape.
Steak and Cheese Flatbread is topped with steak bites, cheese, cherry tomatoes, red onion and fresh spinach. This easy flatbread pizza is perfect as an appetizer or light dinner!