Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe is so easy to make! Only 5 ingredients and a few minutes to prepare, and the finished cake is somewhere in between pumpkin cake and pumpkin pie!
This easy pumpkin cake recipe begins with a cake mix to save time and effort. Pumpkin Dump Cake is actually a bit more like pumpkin pie with a crunchy, buttery cake layer on top. So simple to make and is delicious served warm or cold! The consistency of this “cake” is definitely similar to pumpkin pie, but I absolutely love the cake mix layer on the top. It adds such a wonderful texture to the dessert and the taste is incredible!
WHAT IS A DUMP CAKE?
A dump cake is a term coined for making a cake by simply dumping all of the ingredients together. This particular dump cake requires an extra step, but there is no need to follow the instructions on the back of the box! It comes together quickly and the results are fantastic.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix (can use white cake mix instead)
1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
30 oz. can pumpkin pie mix
2 can evaporated milk
How to make Pumpkin Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 350°.
Use a pastry cutter or the back of a fork to mix the butter into the cake mix. Mixture will be dry and crumbly – that’s perfect!
In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin pie mix, eggs and evaporated milk until well blended. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Sprinkle the cake mix/butter mixture evenly over the top and then bake for one hour. The top should be a light golden brown color.
Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream or cool to room temperature and then refrigerate and serve cold. I prefer it cold, but it’s delicious either way!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix can use white cake mix instead
- 1 stick butter softened to room temperature
- 30 oz. can pumpkin pie mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 can evaporated milk (12 oz each)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Use a pastry cutter or the back of a fork to mix the butter into the cake mix. Mixture will be dry and crumbly - that's perfect!
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin pie mix, eggs and evaporated milk until well blended. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Sprinkle the cake mix/butter mixture evenly over the top and then bake for one hour. The top should be a light golden brown color.
- Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream or cool to room temperature and then refrigerate and serve cold. I prefer it cold, but it's delicious either way!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
Tips for pumpkin dump cake recipe
- I prefer a yellow cake mix, but you can swap it out with a white cake mix or even a spice cake mix if you prefer some more flavor! If you want to add some pumpkin flavor, add 1-2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the cake mix before adding the butter.
- Make sure to use pumpkin pie mix – NOT regular canned pumpkin! Many pumpkin recipes call for canned pumpkin, this is not one of them!
MORE FUN AND FABULOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES
- Easy Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Fudge
- Best Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- 3 Ingredient Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Poke Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Pretzels
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Maple Spiced Pumpkin Bars
This pumpkin dump cake is so easy to make and is made with only 5 ingredients! This pumpkin cake recipe tastes like pumpkin pie and makes enough to feed a crowd. Delicious warm or cold – the perfect fall dessert!