Lemon Lush is an easy no bake lemon dessert that comes together fast and serves a crowd. Throw this lemon lush dessert together quickly for a potluck or bbq… all of your guests will love it!
What is Lemon Lush Dessert?
Lush Desserts happen to be my favorite dessert in the summertime. Classically, a lush dessert has a crust, sweet and tangy cream cheese layer, pudding layer and then a frozen whipped topping layer. This can be made with any flavor of pudding you’d like. Today, we made it with LEMON!
Who doesn’t like Lemon in the spring and summer time? This is perfect for the summer because there is no oven time and it is a cold dessert. So refreshing, even more so with the lemon pudding!
This is what you will need to make Lemon Lush:
- 1 package golden Oreos
- melted butter
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 small packages of lemon pudding (NOT cook and serve)
- frozen whipped topping (that is two 8 oz tubs!), divided
How to make Lemon Lush
To make Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe, you start with the crust.
To make the crus, start by crushing your Oreos and mixing them in the melted butter. I really like to use my blender or food processor to crush the Oreos. This way the Oreos are turned into more of a powder and the crust sets up really nice. You can go ahead and just leave the cream filling inside of the Oreos.
Press the crust into the bottom of a 9×13 pan and toss in the freezer. Cream together the cream cheese, 1 tub of the whipped topping and 1/4 cup of milk. Spread onto the bottom of the crust.
Whisk together the remaining cold milk (3 cups) with the packages of pudding. Whisk for 2-3 minutes or until the pudding thickens. Pour over the cream cheese layer and then refrigerate for about one hour before adding on the final layer of whipped topping.
Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve cold and keep refrigerated!
Can I make my Lush Dessert ahead of time?
Yes, this is one of the things I love most about this dessert (besides how delicious it is!). This dessert can be made and kept in the fridge up to 48 hours in advance.
Lemon Lush Dessert
- 1 pkg golden oreos (36 cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk divided
- 2 8 oz tubs frozen whipped topping divided
- 2 3.4 oz pkg lemon instant pudding
- Use a blender or food processor to crush the oreos.
- Stir in the melted butter until completley combined. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place in frezer for 10 minutes.
- Cream together the cream cheese and one tub of frozen whipped topping. Once completley combined, slowly add in 1/4 cup milk. Mix until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the crust and refrigerate.
- Whisk together the instant pudding and the remaining 3 cups of milk for 2-3 minutes or until it thickens.
- Spread on top of the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread the remaining tub of cool whip on top of the lemon pudding layer. Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Can you replace the Cool Whip in lemon lush?
If you can’t find Cool Whip where you live or you prefer not to use it in recipes, you can use stabilized whipped cream instead. If you just use regular whipped cream, the consistency will be too light and the cream will not hold up very well when mixed into the jello salad. It’s very simple to make your own stabilized whipped cream and it just takes a few minutes!
To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks are formed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster. Use a metal bowl for whipping the cream and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
Enjoy lemon desserts? So do we! Here are more you can try:
- Easy Lemon Quick Bread
- Lemon Poke Cake
- Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Lemon Ice Box Pie
- Glazed Mini Lemon Cupcakes
- Lemon Butter Bars Recipe
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Lemon Buttermilk Bread
- Lemon Pudding Cookies
This lemon dessert recipe is a wonderful treat. Lemon Lush sounds fancy but is so easy to make, and it’s easy!