Easy Four Cheese Skillet Lasagna Recipe combines all of the wonderful ingredients of a traditional baked lasagna but is simpler to prepare and is made in no time at all.
Lasagna is one of my all-time favorite dishes, but it can be so time consuming to make. Enter this fantastic skillet lasagna, that is ready to eat in just thirty minutes! The gooey cheese mixture is delicious too! The entire family will love it and will want you to make this again and again.
Ingredients needed for Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
To make this delicious, mouth watering recipe you will need:
- Ground beef
- Diced onions*
- Beef broth
- Undrained diced tomatoes
- Condensed tomato soup
- Uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cream cheese, softened
- Ricotta cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
*The can of diced tomato I used was mixed with sweet onions, so I didn’t put onions in my recipe
How to make Easy Lasagna Recipe in a skillet
First, in a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Once the ground beef is browned, drain the grease and then add the diced onion and Italian Seasoning, stir well.
Pour the beef broth over the seasoned ground beef, stir. Increase the heat to medium high.
Once the mixture starts to boil, add the diced tomatoes and condensed tomato soup, stir well and bring back to a boil.
In a separate small mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Add half of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses to the bowl and mix well.
Combine the leftover parmesan and mozzarella cheeses in a separate container. Break the lasagna noodles into small pieces and add to the skillet. Cover and reduce the heat to medium low heat.
After fifteen minutes, spoon dollops of the four cheese combination on the surface of the pasta in the skillet, do not stir. Cover and cook for a few more minutes.
Remove from heat, sprinkle the leftover cheeses over the pasta, serve warm and enjoy this delicious, cheesy lasagna dish.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 14- oz can beef broth
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes NOT drained
- 1 10- oz can condensed tomato soup
- 7 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet. Drain, then add onions and Italian Seasoning, mix well.
- Pour in the beef broth and increase heat slightly until mixture boils. Add in diced tomatoes and soup and return to boiling.
- Add in lasagna noodles, breaking the noodles up into 2″ pieces before adding to the skillet. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Add in half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Combine the remaining shredded cheese and set aside.
- After the pasta has cooked for 15 minutes, remove lid and spoon out dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the surface of the pasta. Cover and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheeses and serve.
Can I substitute in another meat, instead of the ground beef in Four Cheese Skillet Lasagna?
Yes, you absolutely can. Instead of ground beef, you can substitute any of your favorite ground meats. Some options can include, ground Italian sausage, ground turkey, ground pork sausage, ground chicken or even ground venison. There is nothing you need to do differently to the recipe if you substitute any of the ground meats for the beef, just cook per the instructions.
What is good side dish to go along with Easy Lasagna recipe?
My favorite side dish to go along with this delicious Four Cheese Skillet Lasagna recipe would have to be a piece, or two, of warm, cheesy, garlic bread. You can also serve with a side salad and a steamed or roasted vegetable of your choice as well.
How long will Best Lasagna recipe keep in the refrigerator?
You can keep your leftover lasagna in the refrigerator for no more than three to five days, if you keep it stored properly in an airtight container. If you need to store leftovers longer, see below for how to store them in the freezer.
Can I freeze Skillet Lasagna?
Yes, you can freeze any leftovers you may have. To do so, make sure your leftovers are cooled down. If the leftovers are not cool when you place in the freezer, condensation can build up inside the container. This can cause your food to get freezer burned quicker. Once the leftovers have cooled, place in an airtight plastic container or freezer bag. Leftovers, stored properly, can last for up to three months in your freezer. To reheat, ensure the leftovers have thawed completely. Place in an oven safe dish and cover with aluminum foil then place in a preheated oven for a few minutes, or until the sauce and cheese starts to bubble. You can also reheat individual servings in the microwave, if you prefer.
Are lasagna noodles the same as lasagne sheets?
Making this delicious, mouth watering, Easy Four Cheese Skillet Lasagna Recipe is so simple and is done in a fraction of the time that a traditional baked lasagna takes too.