Christmas Brownie Cookies are fudgy, chocolate treats made easily with a brownie mix & M&M candies! Festive colors and lovely flavor adorn these simple brownie mix cookies!
These M&M’s cookies are a festive twist on the classic chocolate brownie, combining rich chocolate flavor with a pop of color celebrating the holiday season. This chocolate Christmas dessert is perfect for sharing with loved ones or for leaving out for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Brownie Cookies are a delicious and festive addition to any holiday celebration. Their rich chocolate flavor and crunchy candy make them the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter day. Whether you are looking for a fun and festive baking project to do with your family or simply want to indulge in some delicious holiday treats, these cookies are the perfect choice. So why not add this recipe to your holiday baking list and enjoy the warm and cozy flavors of the season?
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- Easy to make: This recipe is simple and straightforward, making it a great choice for busy bakers during the holiday season.
- Great for sharing: These cookies are perfect for sharing with family and friends during holiday gatherings or as a thoughtful gift.
- Soft and chewy texture: The addition of flour and two eggs to the recipe makes these cookies soft and chewy, with a slightly crispy edge.
Brownie Cookie Ingredients
Brownie mix: For the base of this cookie recipe, you need one 19.9-oz package of chocolate brownie mix. Any brand you like will work and taste great.
Flour: Adding ¼ cup of all purpose flour helps create a nice cookie texture.
Eggs: Bind the ingredients together by using 2 eggs in this dough.
Butter: You will need ¼ cup of butter, melted, to give these cookies an incredibly rich flavor and shine.
Chocolate syrup: Use 1 TBSP of chocolate syrup, or hot fudge, for more amazing chocolatey taste.
Vanilla extract: Enhance the wonderful flavors by adding in 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
M&M Candies: You need one 11-oz package of Mini Christmas M&M candies for a wonderful pop of color and crunchy goodness in every bite.
Chocolate chips: Load these cookies with even more deliciousness by adding in ½ cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to make Christmas Brownie Cookies
Begin by preheating the oven to 375°F and then line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set them aside.
In a medium/large mixing bowl, mix the brownie mix and flour together with a fork.
Next, add in the eggs, melted butter, chocolate syrup, and vanilla extract and mix well. You can use a fork for this step or a hand mixer on low speed.
After that, fold in about a ¼ cup of Mini M&Ms to the batter and ½ cup of mini chocolate chips.
Now, using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop each cookie dough ball and place them about 2” apart on the baking sheets.
Continue to roll the top of each cookie dough ball in the remaining M&Ms and place them back on the cookie sheets.
Proceed to place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes and then remove them from the oven.
Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheets before transferring them to serving platters or trays. Serve and enjoy!
Variations and Substitutions for Brownie Cookies
Gluten-Free Options: For those who are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease, there are several gluten-free options available. Instead of using all-purpose flour, substitute with almond flour, oat flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour. It is important to note that the texture and taste may differ slightly from the original recipe. Also, make sure the brownie mix is also GF. Luckily there are many options available so you don’t have to miss out on this amazing recipe!
Vegan Variations: To make these brownie cookies vegan-friendly, substitute the butter with coconut oil or vegan margarine and use flax eggs instead of regular eggs. For the chocolate chips, use vegan chocolate chips or chop up a vegan chocolate bar. It is important to note that the texture and taste may differ slightly from the original recipe.
Kitchen Sink Variation: For those who love a little bit of everything, try adding in some extra mix-ins such as chopped nuts, dried fruit, or shredded coconut. The possibilities are endless, so feel free to get creative and add in your favorite ingredients.
Christmas Brownie M&M Cookies
- 19.9 oz chocolate brownie mix
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 TBSP chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 oz Mini Christmas M&M candies
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set them aside.
- Dough: In a medium/large mixing bowl, mix the brownie mix and flour together with a fork.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, chocolate syrup, and vanilla extract and mix well. You can use a fork for this step or a hand mixer on low speed.
- Add about ¼ cup of Mini M&Ms to your batter and ½ cup mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop (medium scoop) for each cookie dough ball and place them about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Roll the top of each cookie dough ball in the remaining M&Ms and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Bake: Bake for 8 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheets before transferring them to serving platters or trays. Serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are Christmas Brownie Cookies good for?
These cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If desired, you can also store in the refrigerator and they will last a few days longer.
Gifting and Packaging Christmas Brown Cookies
When it comes to gifting Christmas Brownie Cookies, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure the cookies are completely cooled before packaging them. This will prevent the cookies from becoming soggy. Second, consider adding a festive touch to the packaging. You can use holiday-themed gift bags or boxes, or tie a ribbon around a clear cellophane bag. Finally, be sure to label the package with the ingredients in case the recipient has any allergies.
Safety Tips for Baking with Kids
Baking with kids can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it’s important to keep safety in mind. First, make sure the kids wash their hands before starting to bake. Second, supervise them closely when using the oven or any sharp tools. Third, make sure they understand the importance of not eating raw cookie dough or batter. Finally, have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit on hand, just in case of any accidents. With these safety tips in mind, baking Christmas Brownie Cookies with kids can be a fun and memorable activity.
How to Store Brownie Cookies Cookies?
When it comes to storing cookies, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure they stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible. Here are some tips for storing your cookies:
- Room Temperature: If you plan on eating your cookies within a few days, storing them at room temperature is perfectly fine. Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from becoming stale or dry.
- Refrigerator: If you live in a hot or humid climate, it might be best to store your cookies in the refrigerator. This will help keep them fresh for longer. However, keep in mind that refrigeration can cause some cookies to become hard or lose their texture.
- Freezer: If you want to keep your cookies for an extended period, freezing them is the best option. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw them at room temperature for a few hours.
Can you make this cookie dough in advance?
Yes. Simply whip up a batch and keep it in a covered bowl in the fridge for up to 48 hours before scooping and baking. You can also scoop and shape cookie dough balls and then freeze them flat on a baking sheet. When you want to cook them, just pull out how many you need and let them thaw on a baking sheet for about an hour before baking as directed.
Love chocolate? Try more amazing chocolate filled recipes here:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
- Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy
- Mint Oreo Pudding Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Cherry Almond Coconut Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
- Hot Chocolate Christmas Cookies
- Reese’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Christmas Brownie Cookies are a festive twist on a classic treat, cookies made with a brownie mix & topped with M&M candies! These simple brownie mix cookies are a great treat to share at your next holiday cookie exchange or family gathering.