Chocolate Brownie Cookies are a combination of the classic brownie taste and a soft, fudgy cookie, topped with a rich and creamy frosting. These frosted cookies are a delicious and irresistible treat that is sure to satisfy any sweet craving.
Making these triple chocolate cookies is simple, using basic ingredients such as flour, cocoa powder, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. The brownie cookies are baked until they are soft and chewy, and then topped with a homemade frosting. The result is a decadent and delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion.
Easy Brownie Cookies
Triple chocolate brownie cookies are a decadent treat that combines the rich taste of chocolate brownies with the soft texture of cookies. The cookies are made with a blend of cocoa powder, flour, and sugar, which gives them their rich chocolate flavor. They are also packed with chocolate chips, which add an extra layer of richness and texture to the cookies.
What sets frosted brownie cookies apart from other cookies is their soft, chewy texture. They are baked until just set, which gives them a fudgy texture that is reminiscent of brownies. The frosting on top of the cookies adds even more moisture and flavor, making them a truly indulgent treat.
Why you’ll love this chocolate cookie recipe
- Simple ingredients. We only use basic pantry staple ingredients in this recipe, so there should not be any large trips to the grocery store looking for obscure ingredients. Even better if you have all of the ingredients on hand already!
- No dough chilling! Patience is a virtue that few of us are blessed with, which means no chill time is great for people like us. You can go from gathering ingredients to gathering cookies on a plate in just a few minutes.
- The frosting is optional. These cookies taste incredible without the frosting and you can easily eat them still warm off the baking sheet. That said, adding the frosting does give them a little something extra and we do recommend giving it a try.
Fudge Brownie Cookies Ingredients
Cocoa: For a rich chocolatey tasting treat, you will need ¾ cups of cocoa powder.
Butter: Adding in ½ cup of butter (one stick) will give the cookies needed fats to be moist and fudgy.
Shortening: You will need ¼ cup of shortening to make the cookies a nice thick texture.
Sugar: Use 2 cups of granulated sugar to make the cookies chewy and sweet.
Eggs: You will need 3 large eggs to bind the cookie dough together well.
Vanilla extract: Enhance the flavor of these cookies by adding in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Flour: For the base of the cookie dough you will need 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour.
Salt: Using ¾ teaspoons of salt will balance the sweetness of these cookies well.
Chocolate chips: For more chocolatey goodness in every bite, stir in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Chocolate chips: You need ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for the ganache frosting.
Heavy cream: Adding ⅓ cup of heavy cream will make the frosting smooth, rich, and creamy.
Butter: Use ½ tablespoon of butter to give the ganache added richness and shine.
How to make Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Get the oven preheating to 325 degrees F. Then, lightly grease two baking sheets or use silicon mats, and set them aside.
In a large bowl, microwave the cocoa powder, butter, and shortening for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir until the cocoa has dissolved.
Next, add the sugar and mix until blended. Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract, stir again until well incorporated.
After that, add in the flour and the salt and mix well until no white flour streaks remain.
Now fold in the chocolate chips until distributed.
Proceed to drop the cookie dough by the tablespoon-sized scoops onto the prepared baking sheets.
Place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops of the cookies look slightly cracked.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the heavy cream and butter, cook until the butter melts and the mixture begins to boil.
Then, remove the pan from the heat and pour in the chocolate chips. Stir and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, stirring every minute to combine and ensure the chocolate chips melt. The mixture should become thick and smooth.
Proceed to drizzle the ganache over the top of your cookies or dip the cookies in it depending on your preferences.
Let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!
VARIATIONS OF FROSTED CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Frosted cookies are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed in many different ways. Here are some variations of brownie cookies that you can try:
- Peanut Butter Frosted Cookies: If you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, try making peanut butter frosted cookies. Simply add some peanut butter to the frosting mixture and spread it on top of the cookies for a delicious and indulgent treat.
- Mint Frosted Chocolate Cookies: For a refreshing twist on the classic frosted chocolate cookie, try adding some mint extract to the frosting batter. The mint flavor pairs perfectly with the rich chocolatey flavor of the cookie.
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies: If you love the sweet and salty combination, try making salted caramel frosted cookies. Simply add some caramel sauce to the frosting mixture and sprinkle some sea salt on top of the cookies for a delicious and indulgent treat.
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ¼ cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ TBSP butter
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Dough: In a large bowl, microwave the cocoa powder, butter, and shortening for 1minute and 30 seconds. Then, stir until the cocoa has dissolved. Next, add the sugar and mix until blended. Then, add the eggs and vanilla extract, stir until well incorporated.
- After that, add in the flour and the salt and mix well. Now stir in the chocolate chips until well distributed. Proceed to drop the cookie dough by the tablespoon-sized scoops onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake: Place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops of the cookies look slightly cracked. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Chocolate frosting: In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the heavy cream and butter and cook until the butter melts and the mixture begins to boil. Then, remove the pan from the heat and pour in the chocolate chips. Stir and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, stirring every minute to combine and ensure the chocolate chips melt. The mixture should become thick and smooth.
- Proceed to drizzle the ganache over the top of your cookies or dip the cookies in it depending on your preferences. Let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!
📫 Save this recipe! Send it to your email! 📩
I consent to receiving emails from this site.
How long are brownie cookies good for?
You can keep these brownie cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. For easier storage wait until the cookies have cooled completely and the frosting has fully set so that the cookies don’t stick to each other in the container.
Can I freeze brownie cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When you do this I recommend not adding the chocolate ganache frosting until after the cookies have been thawed because chocolate ganache can sweat as it goes from frozen to room temp and we don’t want that to ruin the overall texture or appearance of your chocolate brownie cookies.
CAN I TURN BOX BROWNIE MIX INTO COOKIES?
Yes, you can turn a box brownie mix into cookies. Simply add an extra egg and a 1/4 cup of flour to the brownie mix. Mix well and then scoop onto a baking sheet to bake.
More Chocolate Cookie Recipes You’re Sure to Enjoy!
- OATMEAL CHERRY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- CADBURY MINI EGG CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIE DROPS
- MINT CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHERRY COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
- BEST BROWNIE COOKIES
- ROCKY ROAD COOKIES
- LOADED CHOCOLATE TOFFEE COOKIES
- HOT CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- CARAMEL STUFFED CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
Chocolate Brownie Cookies are loaded with chocolate bits in every bite and topped with a wonderful chocolate ganache. These chocolate chip cookie brownies are an amazing treat, they combine all of the best taste and texture you crave from a batch of fresh brownies.