EASTER MARSHMALLOW BARK

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

I have a confession to make: while most people change a recipe to make it skinny, I took a healthy recipe and went the other direction. Ha! You know, as in, less skinny. Sorry! I know, I know, I’m awful. At any rate, the original WW recipe was a such a good idea and to be honest I really don’t think my changes added an obscene amount of calories. Maybe just a few. They’re so cute though, aren’t’ they!?

I used a metal cookie cutter to make them Easter egg shaped- you can use another metal cutter for a different shape, or simply cut them into squares, like I’ve shown below. I took these to a family dinner, thinking the kids would love them. Little did I realize how much the adults would love them too! They were a huge hit!

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

Easter Marshmallow Bark

• 1 bag white chocolate chips {12 oz}
  • 3 cups mini rainbow marshmallows
  • about 1 TBSP shortening {optional, but it really makes the melting process easier!}
  • Easter sprinkles or other fun sprinkles for decor on top!

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

Measure out 3 cups of marshmallows. Line an 8×11 glass dish or a half-sized cookie sheet {like I used!} with parchment paper.

Put white chocolate and shortening in a medium sized glass bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Give it a small stir, then return to the microwave in 30 second increments, until chocolate melts completely when you stir it.

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread
Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

My bowl of chocolate took 2 minutes in the microwave. White chocolate looks like it’s not all melted when in fact it really is. Stir it several times and make sure it really needs more microwave time before jumping the gun and just giving it more time. I usually have to stir mine for a good 30 seconds until it’s really fully melted.

Melting white chocolate can be a little frustrating if you’ve never done it before. The reason is because white chocolate seizes easily. When chocolate seizes  it actually looks like it’s not melted yet, which prompts people to return it to the microwave, which makes the whole thing worse. Stir several times after each 30-second increment in the microwave. Many times you’ll find that a good 20-30 seconds of stirring it around in the warm bowl will melt it the rest of the way! If you’ve had back luck with melting chocolate in the past, try adding shortening!

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

After chocolate is melted, add marshmallows and stir to coat. You’ll want to do this kind of quickly- be sure the chocolate coats the marshmallows well, but if you take too long the marshmallows start to melt, which you don’t want.

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

Transfer chocolatey marshmallows to your prepared pan. Using a rubber scraper, make sure marshmallows extend to the edge of the pan. Press down slightly to make it all somewhat even. Shake on any sprinkles you’d like to decorate the bark with.

Put in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until chocolate is set. You want to use the freezer so that it cools the mixture as quickly as possible- you don’t want those marshmallows to melt!

Remove from the freezer and let sit on the counter to return to room temperature. Cut into pieces. If you use a cookie cutter, I suggest using a metal one and spraying the edges with cooking spray prior to cutting.

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

Easter Marshmallow Bark: Butter with a Side of Bread

ENJOY!

Comments

Hi I&#39;m John from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes<br />from 1 to 10.<br /><br />There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your recipes ordered. Each recipe has a link to the blog that belongs recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog<br /><br />It&#39;s easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be stay here<br /><br />I invite you to enter

This marshmallow bark is the cutest things I&#39;ve seen in a long time!!! I love this idea and how you cut them into egg shapes, too. I&#39;ve always secretly loved the pastel-colored, fruity mini marshmallows anyways, but I&#39;ve never added them to a recipe. I can&#39;t wait to try this out!! Adorable!<br />Blessings,<br />Leslie

So Cute!!! I have never had a problem melting white choc (I just use the medium setting instead of the usual high with the 30 second increments), and I loath shortening, so I think I will give them a go without! Oh the kids will love you. ;) (And I&#39;m gonna pretend like I won&#39;t be eating them – or watching the other adults gorge themselves on them either!)<br />Thanks! Happy munching.<br /

So adorable! My niece and nephew would love these!! Thanks for sharing!<br /><br /><a href="www.sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow">~Sarah Lynn @ Sarah Lynn&#39;s Sweets</a>

Oh my goodness! This looks SO good. Thanks for linking up with &quot;Try a New Recipe tuesday&quot; I hope you will be able to join us again this week! :-)

Super cute Recipe! I am going to make them for Easter for sure! Not as huge of fan of white chocolate as my husband is, so I am going to try them in dark chocolate too. Wonder how the colorful marsh&#39;s will fair …. hmm. <br />Thanks for the recipe! One thing is for sure, My kids and parents will LOVE them! who dosent love Marshmallows?

This looks awesome! I have found that 2 TBSP of heavy cream per 6 – 8 oz of white chocolate helps it melt as well, and it is a nice alternative to shortening. Can&#39;t wait to try this recipe :)

Re-posted this awesome recipe on my FB page-https:www.facebook.com/collegesavingsdolls<br />This is also a great dorm room recipe for college kids &amp; it&#39;s Gluten Free to boot-HOME RUN!<br />Thanks-<br />Sarah<br />

I just made this for an Easter playdate I&#39;m hosting tomorrow for the kiddos, and it was super easy and super cute! Thank you so much for sharing!<br /><br />But wanted to share for those who don&#39;t like white chocolate, the &#39;white chips&#39; are not white chocolate chips, they are vanilla flavored chips (like the almond bark)…Either way, this is delicious!<br />

This looks amazing and so very easy! I will have to make these for tomorrow! (EASTER FRIDAY!) They look like they would go great with some buttery hot cross buns!

I made this last night for my family&#39;s Easter dinner today. It took like five minutes, tops. The most complicated part of the process was hitting the buttons on the microwave. IT WAS AWESOME. Thank you so much.

I made this today.<br />it is now in the fridge waiting :D<br /><br />I added 1/4 cup of milk to the chocolate to make it more creamy!<br /><br />Let&#39;s wait and see :D

These do look yummy and cute!<br /><br />But can I make a suggestion for your blog? Rethink your ads. I was just forced (literally, I couldn&#39;t make it go away or stop) to watch a 2.5 minute ad about Walt Disney World before I was allowed to see the recipe page. Not cool.<br /><br />