Frog Eye Salad
Frog Eye Salad is a classic pot luck recipe. This delicious sweet fruit salad has acini di pepe pasta, mandarin oranges, pineapple, whipped topping, marshmallows, coconut and sweet cherries.
- 1 cup Acini di Pepe pasta, dry
- 1 15 oz mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 15 oz pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Place cooked pasta in a mixing bowl. Add drained mandarin oranges. Pineapple tidbits and reserved pineapple juice.
Add marshmallows, coconut and cherries. Stir to combine the salad.
Gently fold in the cool whip until well combined.
Cover the salad and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg