Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are made with a little bit of honey and a little bit of lime and a delicious creamy green sauce. This easy chicken enchilada recipe is so simple and the flavors are incredible!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp. to 1 Tbsp. chili powder to taste (I used 2 tsp and it still had a pretty good kick to it so be careful not to make the mixture too spicy!)
- 2 large garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 2 - 10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
Place chicken in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic. Pour over chicken and toss to combine. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat oven to 375°. Slightly heat up tortillas in the microwave to make them more flexible. Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
In another bowl, combine enchilada sauce, cream and milk. Spread about 3/4 cup of the mixture in the bottom of the 9X13 to prevent tortillas from sticking. Fill each tortilla with cheese and chicken and then roll up and place in pan, seam-side down.
Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly golden brown.