Lemon Cake Truffles
Lemon Cake Truffles made easy with lemon pound cake crumbled and formed into small truffles, then dipped in white chocolate! Easy Lemon Truffles perfect for parties!
- 1 9×13 lemon cake baked per box instructions, cooled & crumbled
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 tbsp milk if needed
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 TBSP lemon zest if desired
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or melting discs
- 1/2 TBSP coconut oil for thinning chocolate
Cream together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla & lemon extract. If the frosting is too stiff, add up to 1 tbsp of milk. Add in lemon zest, if desired.
Add the crumbled cake and mix throughly.
Scoop the cake ball mixture into uniform balls. Freeze for 45 minutes.
Once chilled in the freezer, remove and roll each ball in the palm of your hands to create a nice, smooth ball.
If desired, melt the white chocolate and dip each truffle in to coat. Transfer to wax paper. Top with white and gold sprinkles. Let cool to set.
Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Instructions using Krusteaz Pound Cake Mix
Ingredients for Krusteaz Lemon Truffles:
1 package Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Pound Cake Mix
3/4 cup water
10 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pouch lemon glaze mix, enclosed
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoon water
¼ teaspoon vanilla
You'll also need white dipping chocolate as well as gold & white sprinkles.
Directions for Krusteaz Lemon Truffles:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8½x 4½x2 ½-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, water and butter until well blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 44-46 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes.
4. Whisk glaze ingredients together and set aside.
5. Crumble baked cake into a large bowl until cake is fine crumbs. Add glaze and stir until combined.
6. Measure 1 heaping tablespoon cake mixture and press together to roll into balls. Set on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place cake balls in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
7. Melt white dipping chocolate in the microwave. Dip each ball to coat and place on parchment lined pan. Dust each cake ball with gold and white sprinkles.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 182mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg