PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BARS
Peanut Butter Banana Bars are packed with bananas, whole wheat flour, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Perfectly sweet, filling & satisfying snack!
- 5 very ripe bananas about 1 2/3 cup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil any type- I use coconut
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour I regularly swap out all-purpose flour for whole wheat!
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips divided
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15×10.5? pan with non-stick spray.
Peel bananas and mash well. Stir in brown sugar, oil, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla until combined.
Add in dry ingredients and stir. Fold in 1/2 the chocolate chips.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake 18-20 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool completely and cut into squares. Bars can be kept at room temperature, but I find they last longer if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yields 24 bars.