MEXICAN CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA
Mexican Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is a quick and easy dinner recipe that adds a southwestern twist to chicken alfredo. This baked alfredo recipe includes alfredo sauce, salsa, taco seasoning and lots of cheese!
- 16 oz rotini pasta
- 2 pounds chicken breast cubed
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 16 oz jars alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, divided mix 1/2 cup in the recipe and then reserve 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top right before baking
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1-2 Tbsp taco seasoning I used 2 and it was a little spicy so use less if desired
Cook the pasta according to package directions and then set aside after draining and rinsing with cold water.
In a large skillet, cook onion, chicken, salt and pepper over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink.
Add the alfredo sauce and heat until boiling, then add the cheeses, salsa and taco seasoning.
Add the cooked pasta and then divide mixture between two greased 8-inch square pans. If you would like more cheese, add a sprinkle of cheddar or Colby Jack on top before covering the pans with foil.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.