20-Minute Chicken Stew recipe
20-Minute Chicken Stew recipe, perfect for busy nights! Hearty stew with tender chicken & vegetables that comes together fast and tastes wonderful.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp herb-blend all purpose seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 14- oz can sliced carrots
- 2 15- oz can whole new potatoes drained and cut into halves or quarters
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
Drain cans of potatoes and carrots, set aside.
Add 3 cups chicken broth and all seasonings to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
Add potato flakes and whisk to combine. Add in all remaining ingredients- chicken, vegetables, tomatoes- except milk. Cook for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in milk and serve, topped with cheddar cheese if desired.