CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PASTA
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with Asparagus made easy with juicy chicken, fresh lemon and vegetables and a light, creamy sauce. Perfect weeknight chicken dinner.
- 1 lb. spaghetti uncooked
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears trimmed
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 8 oz. block of cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, like I used
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice plus 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of the water noodles were boiled in
Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, using only half the salt. Meanwhile, chop asparagus into 1/2"- 3/4" segments. My pasta required 9 minutes to cook. After 4 minutes, add the chopped asparagus to the boiling pasta, allowing it to cook it for 5 minutes.
Drain spaghetti and asparagus, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the cooking water. Whisk reserved water, cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice and bouillon in the sauce pan until smooth. Add in chicken and heat just until warm.
Return spaghetti to saucepan with sauce and mix lightly. Cook on medium heat 3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add in lemon zest. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.