Pineapple Quick Bread is sweet, moist and absolutely delicious, especially with a simple pineapple glaze on top! This quick bread recipe is made with crushed pineapple, cream cheese, sour cream and a few other basic ingredients.
This Pineapple Quick Bread is one of my absolute favorite quick bread recipes – the consistency is so moist and the crushed pineapple adds the perfect amount of flavor and sweetness.
Quick Breads are so fast and easy to make and there is nothing better than a slice of fresh, homemade bread! Quick breads don’t require any yeast so you don’t need to wait for them to rise before baking.
How to make the best quick breads
There are a couple of tips that will help you to get the perfect pineapple quick bread every time!
- Make sure to use the right bread pans! The recipe for this quick bread is written for a regular sized bread pan which is 9.5″X5″. You can use two smaller pans if you’d like, just adjust the cooking time to about 45 minutes.
- If you use non-stick pans, you won’t want to use any cooking spray, but if you are not using non-stick pans, make sure to use a baking spray like this one or line the pans with parchment paper so your bread doesn’t get stuck to the pan! There is nothing worse than making a beautiful loaf of bread and having the whole thing fall apart when you try to get it neatly out of the pan!
- Make sure to test the middle of the bread at the end of the cooking time – I like to use one of these for that! If your bread is still gooey in the middle, bake for a few more minutes. If the edges and the top are starting to look too brown and the middle isn’t done yet, go ahead and put some foil over the bread for the last few minutes of baking until the bread is done in the center. This will prevent the outside from burning, but still allow the middle to cook all the way through.
- Also, make sure that you don’t over mix the batter. You can blend the wet ingredients well and the dry ingredients as much as you want when they are separate, but once you put them together, you want to mix just enough to combine them.
Best Bread Pan?
I bake a lot of bread and the pans I prefer are either ceramic, glass or cast iron. These pans will bake bread more evenly and release the bread more easily after baking. I don’t like using dark or nonstick pans because the bread cooks unevenly. It darkens on the outside before the bread is cooked on the inside, so the coloring is uneven. Read more about which bread pan is the best here!
Ingredients in Pineapple Quick Bread
-2 cups flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. salt
-3 oz. cream cheese, softened
-1 cup sugar
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 large egg, beaten
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained (save 2-3 Tbsp of the juice for the glaze)
How to make Pineapple Quick Bread
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add the sour cream and mix just until combined. Stir in the crushed pineapple. Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes and then let it cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.
This bread is delicious on it’s own, but you can also add a simple glaze if you want a little bit of extra sweetness!
How to make a simple pineapple glaze
Mix 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar with about 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice. Drizzle over the top of the bread after you have removed it from the bread pan. The drizzle can be added while the bread is warm or after it has cooled.
PINEAPPLE QUICK BREAD
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained (save 2-3 Tbsp of the juice for the glaze)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp reserved pineapple juice
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and mix well. Add the sour cream and mix just until combined. Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes and then let it cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.
- Mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice together and drizzle over bread.
Can quick bread be made into muffins?
Any quick bread recipe can easily be converted into a muffin recipe! Make the batter as indicated and then pour into a greased muffin pan. This pineapple quick bread recipe will yield 12 regular sized muffins or 24 mini muffins. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. The easiest way to make muffins is using a cookie scoop. A large scoop works perfectly for large muffins and a smaller cookie scoop works great for mini muffins – no more messy pouring or trying to get the exact same amount in each well of the muffin tin!
Can you freeze quick bread?
Quick bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure the bread is completely cooled before wrapping the entire loaf in plastic wrap and then place the wrapped bread in aluminum foil or in a freezer bag. To thaw, leave in plastic and set at room temperature until completely thawed through. Add the glaze after thawing the bread, right before serving.
Is quick bread healthy?
Quick breads generally have a high sugar content, but there are things you can do to make the bread a little bit healthier.
- Reduce the sugar. The pineapple in this quick bread recipe adds a lot of sweetness so you can cut out half of the sugar and you may not even miss it!
- Substitute the sour cream with greek yogurt. Plain greek yogurt adds a bit of protein and is a great swap for sour cream.
- Skip the glaze. This bread is delicious without the glaze – I promise!
- Swap all or part of the flour with whole wheat flour. This swap is one that will be noticeable, especially if you swap all of the flour. The consistency will be different and the flavor will change, but it will still be yummy!
More amazing quick bread recipes that we love:
- Sweet Coconut Quick Bread
- Best Zucchini Bread recipe
- Easy Lemon Quick Bread
- Yogurt Banana Bread recipe
- Dutch Apple Quick Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- Caramel Banana Nut Bread
- Best Ever Pumpkin Bread
- Lemon Buttermilk Quick Bread
- Caramel Apple Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
- Peppermint Chocolate Quick Bread
- Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread