No-Bake Twix Cake is a layered pudding dessert that’s perfect for summer! This no-bake cake is packed with chocolate caramel flavors & topped with Twix candy bars!
Twix cake is a great no bake dessert to enjoy when you want a chilled sweet chocolate caramel treat. This homemade Twix cake is made with a soft chocolate topping and filling, yummy Twix bars, and a drizzle of caramel, every bite will remind you of your favorite candy bar.
Chocolate Twix Cake
Twix candy bars are known for their crunchy cookies, chewy caramel, and rich chocolate coating. While we cannot coat our cake in chocolate we can add it in several steps. For example in this recipe we layer a fluffy chocolate pudding between crunchy cookies and then top it off with a chocolate frosting, giving us plenty of chocolate in every bite to satisfy any cravings you may be having. This no-bake dessert makes for a great treat on hot summer days, you can enjoy a chilled treat without having to turn on the oven!
Why we think you will LOVE this no-bake cake recipe!
- It does not heat up the house. This no bake recipe requires no baking, you can have a wonderful dessert that is chilled to perfection. The best part? You will never need to turn on the oven or stove!
- It is a simple recipe. Made with only a handful of ingredients and steps, this cake is about as easy as assembling a lasagna. You can even grab your kids and have them help out with the steps since they are so easy!
- It is delicious! This nontraditional cake recipe is a perfect treat to enjoy whenever you want something sweet and creamy with a bit of wonderful crunch. This dish has everything you want in taste and textures for the ultimate dessert experience.
No-Bake Twix Cake Ingredients
Vanilla wafers: For added crunch and texture to this cake, we will need 1 box of vanilla wafer cookies.
Chocolate pudding: You will want to use 2 3.4-ounce sized boxes of milk chocolate pudding mix that have been prepared to the package directions.
Cool whip: Use 1 16-ounce tub of Cool Whip or whipped topping to make the pudding mixture fluffier and lighter in texture.
Twix bars: You will want 2 cups of chopped standard size Twix candy bars for the layers in the Twix cake.
Chocolate frosting: To top the cake you will want to use 1 16-ounce container of milk chocolate flavored frosting.
Caramel: Adding ⅓ cup of caramel topping to the cake will give it a nice layered filling just like you find inside of the namesake candy bar.
How to make a No-Bake Chocolate Twix Cake
Chop the Twix candy bars into bite sized pieces, you will need about 1 cup worth. If you bought 5-6 candy bars this would be a perfect amount, you need 2 total cups and this should get you very close to that.
Start by preparing the chocolate pudding mix according to the package directions.
Then, pour the prepared pudding and the cool whip into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip together on high speed until smooth.
You can also use a large bowl and hand held electric mixer for this step if you do not have a kitchen aid mixer.
Layer the dessert
In a 9 x 13 baking dish, lay the vanilla wafer cookies along the bottom in a single layer to create the base of the cake.
Then, spread half of the pudding and cool whip mixture on top of the cookies.
Continue to add another layer of vanilla wafer cookies on top of the mixture.
Proceed to spread the remaining half of the pudding on top of the layer of cookies.
After that, sprinkle the top of the pudding mixture with 1 cup of your chopped Twix cookie bars.
Now add one final layer of vanilla wafer cookies.
Add the topping
Prepare the chocolate frosting by removing the foil from the containers and microwaving each container for 45 seconds.
Stir the frosting and then pour it over the top of the cake, it should be melted enough that is pours out well over the top of the cake.
Next, sprinkle the remaining Twix bar pieces over the top of the chocolate frosting.
Lastly, drizzle the caramel topping over the top of the entire cake.
Proceed to place the prepared cake into the freezer. Chill for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight for best results.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
When to Serve Twix Cake
This no bake dessert is perfect for many occasions, including summer parties and holidays. This chocolate desserts is always popular around the holiday season too, but no bake desserts make for a great treat on a hot summer day. I like to serve this cake for summer pool parties or for my kids birthday party. It is an inexpensive dessert that cools you down on those hot summer days! It is also a very unique cake that is truly one of a kind and always a delight to guests and family when they try it.
NO-BAKE TWIX CAKE
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers
- 2 boxes (3.4oz each) Milk Chocolate Pudding
- 4 cups Milk
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 2 cups Twix Bars chopped
- 2 containers (16oz) Milk Chocolate Frosting
- ⅓ cup Caramel Topping
- Prepare the chocolate pudding with the milk as directed by the instructions on the boxes.
- Placing your prepared milk chocolate pudding and cool whip in your mixer. Mix on high until smooth.
- Cover the bottom of your baking dish with vanilla wafers, and spread half the pudding mixture over the top.
- Add another layer of wafers, and the other half of your pudding mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup chopped Twix Bars.
- Top with one final layer of wafers. Remove the foil top from the container of frosting and microwave each for 45 seconds. Stir and pour the melted icing over the top.
- Top with remaining Twix bars and drizzle with caramel.
- Freeze for two hours, preferably overnight. Enjoy!
How long is Twix cake no bake recipe good for?
This cake can be kept well covered and stored in the freezer for up to a week or two but any longer than that can result in it developing freezer burn which often leads to flavorless. I recommend eating it sooner rather than later or keeping it well portioned and stored in airtight containers so that it can last longer if needed.
Can I use cook and serve pudding?
No, this recipe uses instant chocolate pudding and not the cook and serve variety. To use the cook and serve will give you a completely different (and unwanted) result. Please only use the instant pudding mix as it will hold up much better for this recipe.
HOW DO YOU MAKE STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM?
If you want to make whipped cream ahead of time, you can, but you have to stabilize it. To make stabilized whipped cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Beat the whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
Add in the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip on high until mixture is smooth.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 3 days.
A little tip for making whipped cream faster: use a metal bowl and place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you make the whipped cream. This will significantly decrease the amount of time that you will need to beat the whipped cream – the process will go much faster!
Here are some more no bake desserts you are going to love!
- BUTTERSCOTCH LUSH
- PECAN PIE FUDGE
- TRIPLE BERRY TRIFLE
- NO BAKE MARSHMALLOW PUMPKIN PIE
- NO BAKE S’MORES BARS
- SPICED PUMPKIN MOUSSE
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
- NO-BAKE CHERRY LUSH DESSERT
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BARS
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
- NO BAKE ECLAIR CAKE
This no bake Twix cake recipe is a chilled layered dessert that is perfect for summer and any occasion. Made with crunchy cookies, fluffy chocolate pudding and a caramel drizzle on top this cake will remind you of your favorite candy bar with every bite.