I love making food I know my kids will love and have fun eating. So when I saw a recipe tweaking one of our favorite kid-approved desserts I knew I had to try it! You can also take this recipe and substitute the lemon pudding for banana cream, cheesecake, or vanilla – YUM! So easy and versatile.
MY LATEST RECIPES
LEMON MUDDY BUDDIES
Adapted from caramelpotatoes.com
- 6 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powered sugar
- 1 Tbl heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, measure cereal and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, white chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk over medium heat.
- Continue stirring until smooth, add the pudding mix and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over cereal and carefully stir to coat.
- Toss with powdered sugar,if you add a 1/2 C at a time than you will reach your desired “coating” of powdered sugar.
- Spread onto a baking tray until cooled completely.
- Store in an airtight container.