Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs made with all the classic deviled egg ingredients, plus avocado! Creamy, flavorful and easy appetizer recipe with bacon on top. These are THE BEST deviled eggs you’ll ever try!
How do you make hard-boiled eggs in an Instant Pot?
How do you make hard-boiled eggs on the stovetop?
Ingredients in Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
-12 hard-boiled eggs
-3/4 cup diced avocado
-1 1/2 Tbsp mayo
-1 Tbsp lemon juice
-3/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
How to make Avocado Deviled Eggs with bacon
First you will need to hard-boil 12 eggs by using either the stovetop or Instant Pot methods outlined above. Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half and remove the yolks from the centers.
Place all the yolks in a mixing bowl and add the diced avocado, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt. Mix all of the ingredients together with a fork until well combined.
Divide the avocado mixture and place back into the centers of the hard-boiled eggs. A small cookie scoop makes this process really easy! Keep the deviled eggs in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top each deviled egg with crumbled bacon just before serving.
Need more appetizer recipes? You’ve got to try these:
- The Best Chicken Tenders appetizer
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs appetizer
- Cheesy Meatball Bites appetizer
- Pizza Pinwheels appetizer
- Ranch Chicken Bacon Kabob appetizer
- Best Meatball and Lil Smokies appetizer
- Quick & Easy Chicken Salad appetizer recipe
- Baked Bacon Meatball appetizer
- Best cheese Fondue appetizer
- Ranch Sausage Rolls appetizer
- Homemade Nacho Cheese recipe
- Best Texas Caviar appetizer recipe
Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup diced avocado
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- First you will need to hard-boil 12 eggs by using either the stovetop or Instant Pot methods outlined above. Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half and remove the yolks from the centers.
- Place all the yolks in a mixing bowl and add the diced avocado, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt. Mix all of the ingredients together with a fork until well combined.
- Divide the avocado mixture and place back into the centers of the hard-boiled eggs. A small cookie scoop makes this process really easy! Keep the deviled eggs in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top each deviled egg with crumbled bacon just before serving.
How do you hard boil eggs so that they peel easily?
When making hard boiled eggs on the stove, adding salt to the water helps the peels come off a lot more easily. Since I’ve started cooking my hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, I have been amazed at how easily the peels come off when using this method. Most of my peels come off in two or three pieces and it only takes a couple of minutes to peel a dozen eggs! I’m not sure that I can ever go back to any other method now that I know how easily the peels come off when using the Instant Pot method – 5 minutes cooking on high pressure, 5 minutes natural release and 5 minutes in an ice bath.
What’s the best way to cook bacon?
You can cook bacon on a griddle or pan on the stove, but our favorite way to cook bacon is in the oven. Easy clean-up, no splashing hot oil, and no time spent turning bacon – it’s so easy!
Just preheat the oven to 400° and then line a baking sheet/jelly roll pan with foil. Arrange bacon on baking sheet in a single layer. You can overlap slightly as the bacon will shrink while cooking.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
Can you make deviled eggs ahead of time?
Deviled eggs can be made and stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days prior to serving. If you are going to be serving them more than a day after making them, it is better to keep the filling separate from the whites until you are within a few hours of serving the deviled eggs. Once the eggs are hard-boiled, peeled, sliced and the yolks are removed, wrap the egg whites in plastic wrap and then place them in an airtight container. Make up the filling and keep it in a separate airtight container.
Are deviled eggs healthy?
Eggs are a wonderful source of protein and even better, they have no carbs. Adding avocado and bacon adds a few calories (and a lot of flavor!), but Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs are a wonderful no-carb snack which is perfect for high-protein and Keto diets. Eggs also contain iron, other essential vitamins, and minerals, making them a wonderful boost of nutrition for any diet. Bacon Avocado Deviled eggs are healthier than traditional deviled eggs because they only have a trace amount of mayonnaise in them – most of the mayonnaise is swapped out by the avocado which is a much healthier choice.
How can you ripen avocados faster?
If your avocados aren’t ripe enough when you need them to be, you can speed up the process. Wrap the avocado in foil and place it in the oven at 200° for about 10-15 minutes, or until the avocado feels softer to the touch.